PDA

View Full Version : my SEIKI 720T vinyl flex on t-shirt

Paul
06-03-2011, 12:43 PM
my SEIKI 720T printing vinyl flex on t-shirt
Hi All! just to show off my cutter i bought few months a go.
Iam verry happy with it but there was some usual frustration with seting it up correctly. Seller 100% recomend as he can provide outstanding customer service. He can take you step by step with instalation process.

price of cutter: £190
size: 24"
optical eye: yes
place I bought it from: ebay
seller ID: - justagoodseller10
sellers ebay store: LINK (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/justagoodeshop?_trksid=p4340.l2563)
customer service rate: exelent! (seller provide telephone number)
software use: flexiStarter (£50)
warranty: 24mc

here is short video of my cutter.
PS. cutting part is speed up :) so cutter is not that fast in reality. just a thought to let you know lol :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rKtEqjZL1Y&hd=1

John G
06-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Nice video Paul, looks an excellent buy!

Paul
06-03-2011, 12:53 PM
yes it was exelent buy John! best since my 1st CRII :) pay for itself with firs order from my mate for punk shirts :)

smitch6
06-03-2011, 12:57 PM
looks good Paul
all these vids really make me think i must get a vinyl cutter :)
esp when you make it look so easy

smitch6
06-03-2011, 12:58 PM
so does that clear backing come on all the vinyl's then?
or do you have to buy that separately and stick it on yourself?

Paul
06-03-2011, 12:59 PM
hehhe :) it is easy once you learn it :) as with everything realy... in your case is not as easy as you leave on bout :) but little cr should do you for start. well. it may be too little but there is some A£ cutters on ebay too. worth to have a look.

so does that clear backing come on all the vinyl's then?
or do you have to buy that separately and stick it on yourself?

this is part of vinyl :) flock also have this.

accdave
06-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Makes the Craft Robo look very pedestrian lol

SteveUK
06-03-2011, 01:51 PM
:cool:Nice one Paul good price to

Paul
06-03-2011, 02:03 PM
:cool:Nice one Paul good price to

yes. and it does the job so why pay 100's for roland etc if this one do what I need it to do.. :)

Justin
06-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Great video Paul. Might be an idea to point out that the cutting section has been sped up....either that or you have a very quick cutter! lol.

Personally I've found the customer service not so good at this stage. I think if I could telephone/visit it may be better but this isn't possible. Email communication is difficult as there's an obvious language barrier. I have to fit a new main board to my cutter after very little use....will update the other thread with details.

Paul
06-03-2011, 03:42 PM
lol. yes. it is speed up as it would be ages watching cutter cutting :) speed was set at 160mm/s i dont need any faster :)

mrs maggot
06-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Im still getting over the shock of seeing you re-press the shirt with no pressing sheet, like i9 said unless you have a teflon top plate this is not recommended - certainly not by any of the vinyl companies i buy from

Paul
07-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Im still getting over the shock of seeing you re-press the shirt with no pressing sheet, like i9 said unless you have a teflon top plate this is not recommended - certainly not by any of the vinyl companies i buy from

I never used teflon over my print. well... I do sometimes but this is not a rule for me when I do vinyl. I dont know about my press. but it say it is teflon plated but i thought this is standard with all press.

mrs maggot
07-03-2011, 08:06 PM
i never ever press wihtout a covering sheet on the 2nd press, and to keep the good habit normally use it for the first press with the backing as well, as i mentioned most suppliers also recommend this as well

Paul
07-03-2011, 09:02 PM
but do you know why they not recomend doing it without teflon over the print???
btw: epson do not recomend use any other ink and carts in they printer too ;)

bms
07-03-2011, 09:57 PM
but do you know why they not recomend doing it without teflon over the print???

The clear backing can stick to the heat platen, not because of heat but because of static (probably wrong word), and when you lift the heat platen up it can pull the flex from the garment. Using a sheet of silicon paper (or greaseproof paper) avoids the clear backing of the flex sticking to the heat platen and therefore removing the risk of the flex being pulled from the garment before it has properly adhered.

Paul
07-03-2011, 10:55 PM
good point. but it NEVER happened to me yet.

smitch6
07-03-2011, 11:13 PM
there's always a first time ;) :)

draig
08-03-2011, 12:23 PM
good point. but it NEVER happened to me yet.

That's it expect a panic post off Paul - "Print has stuck to my heat press, how can I get it off" remember NEVER say NEVER :tongue: :wink:

draig

Paul
08-03-2011, 04:58 PM
no :) is not that I say "never". Reason for this is. when I use teflon sheet I do experience static thingy. and my teflon sheet stick to the press. I dont know if you seen my video but I use vinyl from MDP whitch is with sticky backing. there is hard job to take it off the print. so there is no way static would be stronger then backing sheet glue :) I just know my press and my vinyls.

GoldRapt
07-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Nice video, I have a Graphtec CE3000-60 but sadly without the optical eye/arms attachment.