PDA

View Full Version : You just never know who your speaking too

Ian M
15-03-2011, 09:55 PM
I got a call from the manager of the branch that I bank with about a small problem I had with them. I explained to the manager how I thought it should resolved & what he needed to do to make sure it didn't happen again. He said what I said is exactly how it should be sorted out & that I seemed to know quite a bit about banking. I had a bit of a laugh & told him that I used to work for the same bank but, I was higher than a branch manager & then the penny dropped when he realised I had trained half of his older staff..........lol.

Just shows you never know who your talking too. :biggrin:

draig
16-03-2011, 10:47 AM
We had a similar type of thing years ago when we had sold our house. Their Solicitor came on the phone doing his high & mighty intro etc. I just said "oh Hello Pete" (name changed for obvious reasons :-) ) his response do I know you?, my reply well you should I worked for the firm for x no of years. End result he believed me more than his Client who was a real conmerchant anyway.

draig

Ian M
16-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Nice one Sahron. In fact I had to call into the branch today & was served by the manager. He told me he was having to be a cashier today because his younger staff were being retrained in their customer service skills.