PDA

View Full Version : Printer problems/suggestions

djhutton
17-03-2011, 07:12 PM
I expect this has been covered before but here goes. I have a B1100 epsom and can't for the life of me get it to print correctly. The yellow and blue ink will not do a good nozzle check, I have tried all the suggestions that the helpful Scott at BMS has made but to no avail.

I haven't used the printer whilst on holdiay and now nothing will make it work correctly and suprise, there is a job which has to be finished by tommorrow lunchtime.

I have done a few head cleans, removed and re installed the carts (artainium ciss system) tried to prime by sucking through with a syringe but nothing works.

So if there is a quick fix for this problem I'd be grateful or alternatively can I get recommendations for a printer that will work consistently correctly without having to spend best part of a day messing about with it. I don't do loads of sub printing so the printer doesn't get usd everyday, but surely a clean and nozzle check should get it going again fairly quickly. Is this a known problem with this type of printer or am I just being unlucky?

Help and recommendations please before I get the hammer out.

Ta

DJ

bms
17-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Have you looked at the following FAQ on our website:
http://www.printerowners.co.uk/faq/12/1/sublimation-advanced.htm

My print quality on my Epson printer has deteriorated and I cannot get a good nozzle check pattern despite many head cleans... (http://www.printerowners.co.uk/faq/12/1/sublimation-advanced.htm#)

djhutton
17-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Yes Martin I have. and I have spent best part of the day trying to get it to work using all the suggestions therein.

I'm thinking that I would need a Ricoh printer instead as this one 'has one unique feature is the durability of the print-head itself. Ink is ejected with greater force eliminating clogging and time consuming blockages, especially if the printer is not used for prolonged periods' rather than 'Epson printers should be used regularly to prevent the ink drying in the nozzles/printhead. If this occurs it can seriously affect your printer's performance. Even if you are not planning to print regularly, we recommend printing a nozzle check/test page at least once a week to keep the ink moving Looks like this could be my problem here, that's something I didn't know.

I've only been away on a holiday and it's gone tits up on me again:)

I'll try to get in contact with you tommorow and see if we can't get it working somehow.

DJ

bms
17-03-2011, 07:58 PM
If you've gone through all that, did the printer print perfectly with the genuine cartridges in?

djhutton
17-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Hi Martin

That's the only step that I didn't do, the printer is printing fine - the problem is that it won't draw through the blue or yellow (not quite as bad) inks on the ciss system.

It's probably better I contact you by phone during working hours than batting backwards and forwards on the forum as I can speak a lot easier than I can type :)

DJ
07973 135710 01202 854634

bms
17-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Okay, hope Scott can help further tomorrow, but need to rule out the printer first. If you can work through the FAQ thread that's been posted and let us know what happens then we can go from there, particularly point (2). That's a critical part.

djhutton
17-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Yes Martin I'll do that, the problem I have is that I need to get it sorted quickly and the step by step instructions for this suggest that I might well need to leave it overnight to see if that's worked, well I'm running out of time for that really. I need to get these prints done tommorrow morning and as you can see I'm still in the office trying to get some work done:)

Perhaps it might have been better to get a printer that didn't have a known blocking problem if left for more than a week but hindsight is a wonderful thing. If it's easier to phone for you also my number is further up the post.

I'm assuming that once the original cartridges are installed for a test then its curtains for them, as they will dry out once installed? anybody know on that one.

DJ

bms
17-03-2011, 08:32 PM
I see where your coming from, but there isn't a resolution tonight unless the steps in the FAQ work. If I phoned, I'd only re-iterate the content of the FAQ!

djhutton
17-03-2011, 08:45 PM
I appreciate your input after hours Martin
is the installation of the originals a one off step? as when this problem reoccurs I'll have already used the originals to do a test so won't be able to follow all the steps in the suggestions next time. What I'm trying to do is get a once and for all resolution to this issue which appears to happen virtually every time I want to print something, and as you can appreciate it's not viable to spend all this time trying to get a printer to work every time I want to do something.

DJ

bms
17-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Tried to call Dave - left a voice message.

djhutton
18-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Thanks Martin

I must have given you wrong numbers as no message at this end, I'll try to get it sorted today.

DJ

AJLA
18-03-2011, 10:21 AM
We've had the same problem Dave and it took us three days, YUP THREE DAYS! to eventually resolve with dad and I taking it in turns running up to the sweat shop filling with cleaning fluid, purging, sucking, throwing things round the room. You name it we did it. But really hardly worth the bother if you ask me.

Unfortunately this is an issue with these printers and for me the next time it happens (as it will) i'll be off shopping for a new printer more than likely a Ricoh. I'm near to the end of all my colours in the ciss, unfortunately just bought a black which is a bit of a bummer.

Having had a good moan re the printer I have had it some time now, i've got my pennies worth from it many times over (many hours of unblocking along the way too mind) so it has done it's job but it's had it's time now.

smitch6
18-03-2011, 10:29 AM
where as i had the little epson and it worked fine apart from the rubbish ink
but ended up buying the bigger B1100 and have not had 1 problem with it from day 1 :)

djhutton
18-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks for that ALJA, at least it's not just me doing something wrong! Looks like I got the wrong printer for the job, seems that for low volume start up a printer which doesn't have a known issue with blocking up would have been a better idea.

Sadly mine's not been used that much so I'm probably stuck with a fancy doorstop :)

Dave H

AJLA
18-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Mines not in constant use either, hence the blocking issues as it can be idle quite often. I occasionally turn it on when I remember to .

Fancy doorstop.....good thinking batman

Paul
19-03-2011, 09:08 AM
You have fantastic printer for this job. Me and many others have this printer and is working fine from day one. Same problems with 1400. But it not mean this is bad printer. Go to shop where you can buy 3rd party inks and buy carts for b1100. Fit them in and thenclean your heads. See if it works as it may be problem with your carts not the printer. And just kind, friendly advice: please do not use this forum as a customer service board. If you bought something from bms and you having problems the contact martin directly via pm msg or telephone. Not forum.

djhutton
19-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks for that Paul, I'm bought that printer on recommendations and it does indeed print nicely, colours nice and rich. I don't think there is anything wrong with the actual printer, just getting the ink to it.

I wasn't trying to use the forum as as customer service board though, I had been in touch with BMS and Scott had been bending over backwards to help me get it going. I put the post up to see if there were any other suggestions as it was late in the day and still not getting any success, I wasn't expecting contact from Martin @BMS as I knew he was out of the office. I had sent text messages, but Martin asked me questions via forum posts that I thought only polite to reply to and I was also desperate. I did send pm with 3 contact numbers to Martin to try and get it off the forum though.

Anyway it will have to wait until another time as its the weekend - hurrah!
DJ

Paul
19-03-2011, 01:03 PM
thats fine mate! hope you will sort your printer out asap as this is very nice printer whitch give you some exelent finish products!
all the best.

Paul

Ian M
19-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Paul, I have to agree with you & say at times the forum has recently become a bit of supplier service board when things could have been done through PM's or direct with the supplier. Might be an idea if we made members more aware of the BMS FAQ's on their website as this probaly could solve a lot of questions more easily.

just to repeat what I said a few weeks ago it is always a good thing when not using your Epson printers to just switch them off & on once a day to keep the heads clear. Fair enough uses a small bit of ink but can save you a lot of hassle too.