PDA

View Full Version : Mug press blanket sizes

barryslip
18-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi all

I've got and old combi-press. I've using the mug press for 12 months to print on 11oz and 10oz mugs, but I've just got some beer steins from BMS to play with.

My problem is with the width of the mug blanket in my mug press. The blanket is 12cm width. The printable are of the stein is approx 8.5cm (just like the BMS RN coated mugs). BUT the ridges on the stein, either side of the printable area are approx 10cm apart. Therefore the printable area won't fit tightly against the blanket.

So, my question is.... what width is most people's mug blankets? If they're the same as mine (12cm ish) then I'd also be keen to know how/if you print on these steins.

Cheers in advance
Barry

bms
18-03-2011, 06:53 PM
We put the paper on the Steins and then use a piece of silicon rubber to pad out the recess area to ensure a good crisp edge under the lip. A standard mug press will close around the face of the stein to get the image printed - just increase the pressure.

Billyboysoul
09-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Hi I've got hold of 10 0.5l beer steins and am wondering what if any clamps that would fit? Or would a mug wrap do and what size they come in?
any and all replies welcome.