PDA

View Full Version : Rock Picture Problems

jamescork2
19-03-2011, 04:01 PM
I wonder if any one else has had the same problem that I’m suffering from. I am pressing at 190-200c medium pressure. When they start to cool, a white semi-transparent white patch appears. The first one I did disappeared. The second and third which was pressed a couple of days later (same as the first) the white patch did not disappear. Apart from that the picture quality is good. By the way, does anyone know of a spray that gives them a nice sheen, like high gloss photographic paper, also, has anyone heard if they a bringing a larger one out Thanks.

John G
19-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Whats a rock picture, what are you pressing, larger what? I'm really confused :confused:

Paul
19-03-2011, 05:22 PM
I think you mean slates :)
if so did you use silicon sheet betwen press and the slate??

jamescork2
19-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks for that I should have said rock slates and that I am using a silicom sheet between the press and the slate. Regards.

Paul
19-03-2011, 11:19 PM
what time you pressing your slates?

Ian M
20-03-2011, 02:13 AM
James, if you put 'slates' in the search you should find a thread with all your answers as thsi was discussed at some length a few weeks ago.

jamescork2
20-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Hi Paul, I first started at 190c for 6 minutes useing medium presurer and the silcon mat between, but found them to be a little too light and some areas not taken or patchy. Tried another at 200c for the same time. Great, good picture quality and all that. I noticed as it cooled down there was a semi white pach developing. It had gone by the next day. A couple of days later pressed another 3. Pictures came out great again with the new heat settings and was very pleased. Then the same thing only this time there was two white semi transparent patches and on one three, about twice as big as your thumb nail. I thought like the other one they would have gone by the next day. Not so and they are still there. Needless to say, I have stopped pressing these until I can find out what the cause is. Regards, Jim.

bms
20-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Can you post a picture so we can see what this is?

jamescork2
20-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi Martin, the guy who I sold the last three to lives away. He did phone me up the next day to say that the white marks where still there. He will be coming over next Saturday, and I have asked him to bring them with him which he said he will do. I will then post a photo. If you would like to see the slate in person, I am more than willing to post one to you. Thanks for helping so far. Regards, Jim.

bms
21-03-2011, 07:35 AM
A picture should be fine so long as we can see the issue. Bit confused as to how the fade could have disappeared on the other slate though. What printer, inks and heat press are you using?

jamescork2
23-03-2011, 01:35 AM
Hi, I am using the 8 in one combo swing away press with the temp and time gauge on the right hand side of the colume. euro ink, epson stylus S21 printer and xp4072a sublimation paper A4 size. Regards, Jim

Kaz
28-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Maybe I'm being silly, but what is euro ink? Is that sublimation ink?