PDA

View Full Version : Using the mug press...

Lee
20-03-2011, 11:00 AM
hi there

I am trying my mug press for the first time - and i think im missing something obvious!!

I follow the instructions -

put the mug in
turn the press on
set the idle temp to 110
set the operating temp to 180
set the time to 150
pressed play

then the instructions say after a while the machine will beep and take the mug out....when in fact what happens is I get double beeps after about 30 secs, the temp display shows 110 and that it...i just keeps beeping every few seconds... therefore...how do i know when its done? how do i know when the time has counted down etc? Ive pressed two mugs now, leaving them at different times and have 2 very faint images...

also, when not pressing with it switched on, it says to use a blank mug - i presume i should close the wrap around this?

Can you help?

Many thanks!!!!!!!

bms
20-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Switch mug press on. It will reach the idle temp of 110 after around 30 seconds. THEN put mug in and press 'play'. Press will heat to higher temp, count down will start automatically and long beep at end will signify the process is complete.

Lee
20-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Thanks Martin - just tried that, its get to 110 and beeps, I put the mug in it counts up only a bit then comes down to 110 and now its double beeping every few seconds...?

Cheers!

bms
20-03-2011, 11:40 AM
You need to press the button after putting the mug in. The double beepis to let you know that the idle time has been reached. Put mug in and press the appropriate button on the front to start the temp increase.

John G
20-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Do these presses not come with instructions ?

John G
20-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Sorry, that came across wrong - I meant to say "Do these presses not come with CLEAR instructions".

My press was a cheapy, turn it on, leave it to get to temp, put the mug in and press the timer - timer buzzes, mugs ready - simples.
Seems to me that if they do come with instructions they need to be completely rewritten - in English.

Cheers John

bms
20-03-2011, 02:16 PM
They do come with our instructions. I thought they were clear:confused:

John G
20-03-2011, 02:18 PM
:biggrin: apparantly not :wink:

mrs maggot
20-03-2011, 02:23 PM
What im wondering is how martin even knows its his press - as i cant see mention of a make or model ?? :)

John G
20-03-2011, 02:39 PM
I know, I took it for granted it was Martin's press - sorry, it could be anybodies. Note to self - read and reread posts before commenting :redface:

mrs maggot
20-03-2011, 02:56 PM
lol, no i love the guess work

Ian M
20-03-2011, 03:18 PM
My press was a cheapy, turn it on, leave it to get to temp, put the mug in and press the timer - timer buzzes, mugs ready - simples.
Cheers John

I have one of those meerkat mug presses too John........lol

John G
20-03-2011, 04:18 PM
When I bought mine I compared the market, then bought a cheapy - simples hahah :biggrin:

Lee
20-03-2011, 06:15 PM
righteo....not a happy bunny so far.......for the record, I am smarter than the average bear..... the instructions are CLEAR....but the machine isn't working...... Ive turned on the machine, 30secs or so later its reaches 110 and beeps to let me know its reached idle temp, I then put the mug in and press the |> play button...and nothing happens but double beeps every 5 secs or so happens....the temp doesnt go up, it fluctuates between 110-111....could this be faulty?

:-|

Am gutted!

John G
20-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Hope you get sorted - nothing worse than struggling with faulty gear or even worse - intimitant faults.

bms
20-03-2011, 06:34 PM
The press sounds like it's working fine. You have 3 settings - idle, operating and time. These you set at 110, 170, 150.
When the mug press switches on it rises to 110 and one of the lights comes on to show the press is heating. When the double beep starts you put the mug in and press the button on far right. Lights cone on again to show heating and away you go.

Lee
20-03-2011, 06:37 PM
hi martin - thanks for replying - I am doing what you say...except the temp in the handout and your website say 110, 180 150....the button on the far right is the stop button...seconf from right is Play button...i press play button, but is still beeps and temp doesnt change....therefore could this button be faulty?

Lee
20-03-2011, 06:42 PM
hang on......newsflash to follow......

Lee
20-03-2011, 07:49 PM
CRACKED IT!!!!!

When I said "smarter than the average bear".....I mean't "teaddy bear!"

I was pressing the "|>" button but the play button is actually the square one - I had a mental block here - I read "play" and automatically went for the traditional "|>" one!!!!!

Peinted fantasic too!

Can I just say thanks to those who replied, and espacially to Martin - where else can you get service like this pretty much all day on a Sunday! The comments about this kind of service was one of the reasons thatprompted me to buy from BMS, and I would recommend BMS to one and all! (pay me later BMS!)....

And now to conquer the world......!

:-)

justme
20-03-2011, 08:48 PM
I printed my first mug today too - fab feeling isn't its??

Couldn't have got the confidence without these guys though!

bms
20-03-2011, 08:54 PM
CRACKED IT!!!!!

When I said "smarter than the average bear".....I mean't "teaddy bear!"

I was pressing the "|>" button but the play button is actually the square one - I had a mental block here - I read "play" and automatically went for the traditional "|>" one!!!!!

Peinted fantasic too!

Can I just say thanks to those who replied, and espacially to Martin - where else can you get service like this pretty much all day on a Sunday! The comments about this kind of service was one of the reasons thatprompted me to buy from BMS, and I would recommend BMS to one and all! (pay me later BMS!)....

And now to conquer the world......!

:-)

Can we put this down to Operator Error?:rolleyes:
170 degrees may be better for the deep blacks if you find the blacks are looking a bit on the brown side.

Lee
20-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Can we put this down to Operator Error?:rolleyes:
170 degrees may be better for the deep blacks if you find the blacks are looking a bit on the brown side.

Go on then! Thanks for the tip - I'll watch out for it!
Fingers crossed!

I printed my first mug today too - fab feeling isn't its??

Couldn't have got the confidence without these guys though!

I agree JustMe - the depth of knowledge on this site is unbelievable!