PDA

View Full Version : Stickers /Laquer

rossikey
21-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Hi Can anyone help me...

I have recently done some stickers with sticker paper that says Resisitant to water, Now maybe they are to rainwater like the place has told me who sold them but the nature of what i want them for means they will be wiped with a damp cloth...hence the ink starts to come off..

The supplier have told me to laquer them which will prevent this...

Has anyone done stickers, i would of thought laquering them would of sent the paper hard.....

can anyone shed any light on this as i need to sort something....

DS Designs
21-03-2011, 01:26 PM
I think you can get some sort of liquid laminate that is flexible and doesn't yellow with age, but as I don't use it i'm not sure what the brand name is.....I always do them on my versacamm

Regards..........Dave

rossikey
21-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Yeh they do a spray but unsure what it would be like..It's a nightmare...

What paper do you use on yr versacamm ? i presume you still need to use a sticker paper.?

Stitch Up
21-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Try Frog Juice - can't vouch for it myself but I hear it's good stuff

DS Designs
21-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Its a printable vinyl, very similar to sign vinyl (in fact sign vinyl can be used)....

Dave

jennywren
21-03-2011, 07:19 PM
I see magic touch has this , also maybe Martin ( sorry if I'm wrong) but have not idea if this stick to a car. maybe someone on this forum has used and can give a bit more infor

DS Designs
22-03-2011, 01:04 PM
yeah, the magic touch's CL Media is similar type of material.. like a printable vinyl..its pretty good.......I have about 5 assorted boxes of it here I dont use now due to the versacamm lol

Dave

djhutton
22-03-2011, 03:25 PM
I use the magic touch laser printable vinyl a fair bit for stickers, print it and if extra protection is needed (it's recommended) then use coverseal heat applied (magic touch). Then cut on robo cutter.

I did try the inkjet versions but couldn't find one that didn't run when made 'wet', even with coatings sprayed on which is a faff. Even deteriorated when used under a resin dome, so probably best for indoors.

All available from Magic Touch and BMS (probably others as well) It's fairly pricey as you need to buy a box at a time, but works very well and is durable.

Any more info needed then PM

DJ

chongsta
25-03-2011, 07:55 PM
I think you can get some sort of liquid laminate that is flexible and doesn't yellow with age, but as I don't use it i'm not sure what the brand name is.....I always do them on my versacamm

Regards..........Dave

Dave, I too have a versacamm, so we both use Eco-Sol max inks yes? Have you used a waterproof vinyl yet? my point is...would the inks come off? I use Grafityp Uk as my suppliers (i bought them machine from them and just carried on using them for supplies), who do you use?

Cheers
dave.

Flash
25-03-2011, 10:46 PM
The old fashioned way was to laminate, this was before the days of U.V/Waterproof inks and flash Versacamm machines ;o)
They just put a clear film over the waterbased inkjet printed media. Still works I think!

Phil

DS Designs
31-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Hi Dave, sorry for the delay, Yes, I use eco-sol max inks, also Grafityp as they are on my door step, not too sure what you mean by a waterproof vinyl, I use their digital print vinyl, looks and feels just like normal sign vinyl, this is waterproof as most of my work is for vehicles of the two wheeled variety :-) . They should be fine for outdoor use for several years before they fade but thats down to the uv not rain. I've never had a problem with any graphics / decals getting wet and running....it's not the nature of solvent inks :-) Hope this helps

Dave

DS Designs
31-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Yes it does Phil, the versacamm inks are uv proof and water proof.. well uv proof to a certain point, always best to laminate versacamm prints too if they are for prolonged outdoor use.

Dave