PDA

View Full Version : The best way to show an image of a mug...

Lee
22-03-2011, 03:02 PM
...only me again.... I'm trying to find the best way to show a picture of a mug online, ideally I wanted to show the actual product, but it does'nt seem to work out too come ot too good.... therefore....what have been your best results - real photo, or imposed image or mock up of a mug, showing both sides...?

:wink:

Paul
22-03-2011, 06:32 PM
best is to show actual mug. but you need some efort and little bit of skils to create nice photo. also you can do something like this:
http://frames4photoshop.info/shop/kubek.swf

smitch6
22-03-2011, 06:52 PM
which reminds me Paul i want some of your templates at some point when i have some money :~ (might not be a while yet at this rate lol )

purpledragon
22-03-2011, 06:55 PM
pretty impressive paul looks really good mustve taken some time to create do you have to create a new flash sequance for every design or have you made a template of some sort for it ?
Brett

Justin
22-03-2011, 07:19 PM
That is an impressive way to show the design off. We've discussed this recently in otehr threads but I think this has to be one of the better solutions. Now if we could get it so that the customer chooses a template....uploads their photo.....sees it on a mug/coaster/mousemat etc. that'd be great! LOL.

Lee
22-03-2011, 08:15 PM
This really is fantastic! But for a novice...I was thinking of a nice photo / image etc....!! Justin mentioned another thread, I'll take a look around!

John G
22-03-2011, 08:23 PM
If its just for ebay then all you need is a basic digital camera. Use a bright room with natural light from a window and a neutral or white background. Set camera to macro, flash off, get in close and have a steady hand or mini tripod.

The beauty of a white background is you'll get more control in photoshop if you want to adjust.

Paul will be best to advise as he takes a lot of photos/studio work so will have different ideas.

John

Lee
22-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Thanks again, I have to admit there wasnt a lot of sunlight around when I took the photo...but I wondered if a photoshop picture would be as attractive or not...but I think I'd prefer to do the real photo...
Cheers
Lee

mrs maggot
22-03-2011, 08:32 PM
did you see in hints about the idea of using your white bath as a backdrop - seems to have been a winner judging by the responses.

John G
22-03-2011, 08:33 PM
As long as you have plenty of light a basic camera will be fine - lack of light and you'll get noise in the image which makes it look grainy. Some people have lighting set ups but if done with plenty of natural light, for ebay, it'll be fine.

Yes I read the thread about the bath - great idea for a mini photo booth.

Justin
22-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Would one of these help?

smitch6
22-03-2011, 09:09 PM
haha you can image the feedback on ebay for that pic can't you lol
mug didn't look like picture :~
i had someone ask for his money back once as he said he expected the mug to be bigger :~
duh it's a mug lol

Kaz
22-03-2011, 09:28 PM
I've used that image a few times on ebay, but always make sure I've got it on big red writing above and below the piccy that images are for illustration purposes only and are not representative of the finished item :)

Paul
22-03-2011, 09:44 PM
rotating mug was created in 3d program and then animation was made in macromedia flash. thats what i have been told lol :) know nothing about 3d graphic sorry. have this made for £££. but worth it i think.

regards to camera as John mentioned. but i would use a flash but I would cover it with bit of plastic from milk bottle etc so there is no flash reflection on the mug. the simples sollution is to put normal A4 white paper under the mug and another sheet behind the mug. clic. photo done on nice backgrund :) butbackground will be grey ish so need to be twicked in photoshop a bit. little play with brightnes should do the job.

Justin
22-03-2011, 09:49 PM
rotating mug was created in 3d program and then animation was made in macromedia flash. thats what i have been told lol :) know nothing about 3d graphic sorry. have this made for £££. but worth it i think.

So can you insert your own frame/photo into the program Paul?

Paul
22-03-2011, 09:57 PM
yes. mugs was creates as a geometric figure. you can use any photo to put on on that mug now. but unfortunatly guy did not let me have this blank figure :( he asked for redicules money if i wanted to have it.
also i asked him if its possible to get it on my site so people can upload photograph and see i on this mug. he said yes but this is programing skills and he dont do that.

Justin
22-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Maybe something we can pursue further? I'll put some feelers out.

Lee
22-03-2011, 11:00 PM
did you see in hints about the idea of using your white bath as a backdrop - seems to have been a winner judging by the responses.

I havent read that yet...is that so I can chop the backgrounf off easily? If I knew the best way how!!!! I was going to try to find some kind of tabletop white backdrop - does such a think exist?

Would one of these help?

YES! Where do I get one from please? *hint*hint*

Paul
22-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Piece of white fabric will do the trick.

DS Designs
23-03-2011, 08:46 AM
The rotating 3d mug is brilliant, nice idea....not sure if it would work like this but could anyone thats interested chip in and buy it between us..or would it be classed as piracy if it was shared?, not sure how it would work

Dave

mrs maggot
23-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Would one of these help?

YES! Where do I get one from please? *hint*hint*
Attachment 165

by saving the attachment justin posted ??????

Lee
23-03-2011, 01:02 PM
I tried that, but the image doesnt seem very clear...

Ian M
23-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Would one of these help?

Errrmmmm.......that just looks like mine I have used on Ebay for a long long time which was nicked by lots of other sellers.............Grrrrrrrrrrr

Lee
23-03-2011, 03:00 PM
ahhhh...perhaps you have the original then?????????

Reg
23-03-2011, 03:23 PM
I've got it on disc PM your email and I'll send it.

Lee
24-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks Reg - email address PM'd!

:-]