PDA

View Full Version : sublimation paper

hakuna
23-03-2011, 03:08 AM
Hi everyone im doing 100 mugs for a model boat club i ran out of paper that i bought from lovecut when i got my combo mug kit last year, i had bought paper from xpress when i bought some other things and started to use it when i ran out of the lovecut paper, my problem is that my color blue inside the circle on lovecut paper is totally different from the paper from xpress, is there a difference to which paper you use when printing.

thanks

malcolm

smitch6
23-03-2011, 07:54 AM
it's always best to pick a paper and stick with it all the time
as yes they do differ i have some lovecut paper if you need any :)
steve

hakuna
23-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi Steve
thanks for the reply i bought a combo mug kit from lovecut last october and it came with the sub paper it seemed a thick paper and the prints were great, i ran out of it while doing 100 mugs for a model boat club, i had only got 3 done when i ran out then i had new box of epress paper thats when my color changed and now the color of the logo i made is coming out all sorts of colors but the mugs still look great ive got the epson s21 from lovecut and its been great so far, ive done about 200 mugs with it but i just cant get blue to print, it prints blue ok if the picture is scanned or by email but the blue i put in the boat logo comes out like a lilac color. so now the dilema to buy a ricoh or percevere with it and try and the color right by using different icc profiles. sorry for the long speech just trying to solve my little problem.
my wife and i are also christians we belong to the elim city church in greenock scotland.
thanks again
malcolm

Paul
23-03-2011, 07:53 PM
your color are diferent coz xpress paper and lovecut paper are coated difrently. both will do the job but i bet you did not changed the time and temp when switched papers did you?
with thicker paper (in your case lovecut) need more time in heat press. texprint is much lighter and need less time in the heat press.

smitch6
23-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Thats brill malcom
i think i know the Elim church group have they got a branch in Dundee?
if you need any of the lovecut sheets give me a shout, i won't be using it anymore

Paul is your best bet to get your current printer to work right
lots of ppl use the S21 and get great results but paper does make a difference see my other post about sub paper

good luck and hope you get it sorted :)

hakuna
24-03-2011, 04:32 AM
Hi Paul
you are write about the time and temp i didn't even know that you had to do that, to get the color as close as the color i wanted i ended up changing to a darker blue by selecting the color and replacing it with cyan blue it came pretty close to what i wanted.
got a 100 of them to do. it is good to know these little tips about the paper, do you know how much to change the time and temp when doing it.

thanks again

malcolm

Paul
24-03-2011, 10:41 AM
i would increse the time only first for about 20sec. See if this help. If not bump your temp a bit too. Never change your colors on your artwork.