PDA

View Full Version : D120 nightmare

Georgestreets
24-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Hi,

I am having problems with the D120. The red light keeps flashing, I reset pressing the chip button and it'll start printing then half way through the red light flashes again and I can't do a thing.

I get a pop up telling to replace the inks. Flipping nightmare, espcially after spending 370Euros on ink.

Help :-)

Regards,

George

bms
24-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Sounds like the cartridges are moving in the cartridge holder. Are your tubes too tight causing the cartridges to be pulled when the cartridge holder moves left and right? Might be worth getting the carts to work (remove and reinsert) and then wedge something in between the cartridges and the cartridge holder to stop them moving.

Georgestreets
24-03-2011, 09:14 PM
thanks martin, will give it a try. the tubes seem to get in the way when the cartridges move fast. I'll let you know how I get on. Hopefully you are right matey. Thanks again.

Ian M
24-03-2011, 09:20 PM
George, I used to have the same problem & I got to the point where I had to keep changing chips which always did the trick. Although that was for just cartridges before I fitted a CISS system. I also had a bit of an issue at first with the tubes going to the cartridges catching & I looked at a few You Tube videos to see how they had set theirs up. It did do the trick but, got so sick of the problems with the D120 I finished up replacing it.

Georgestreets
24-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Nope the red light comes on a soon as I switch the printer on.

bms
24-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Nope the red light comes on a soon as I switch the printer on.

This means either (a) carts are not firmly inserted or (b) the chips need to be reset.

Georgestreets
26-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Hi Martin,
Been reading threads from others who have had the nightmare of D120 :-)
1 chap said he replaced his chip set. I have the ink system for the old Epson D88. Would the chip set from that system work on the D120 ink system?

Been emailing the transfer press UK for after sales service but no reply.

Any idea?

Oh and can you post to Cyprus? will need a good supplier.

Regards,

George

bms
26-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Chips for D88 won't work on a D120.

How EXACTLY are your trying to reset?

Georgestreets
26-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi martin, I do as the manual suggests, I press the button (where the red lights is) so the cartridge moves to the remove position, then I press the chip button for 5 secs and again the red light button which should recharge the printer. At first this worked, now as soon as I switch the printer on the red light appears, sometimes flashing some times just stays on.

The other night I managed to get a 1/4 of the page printed then it just stops and the red light comes on.

nightmare. the bad thing is, I'm getting lots of orders.

Paul
26-03-2011, 04:19 PM
my button never worked :( got to your printer driver and click there where it say change cartriges or something like that. carts will move to position so carts can be removed. take them out for few seconds and put them back. chips should be reseted. work on my printer every time.

Ian M
26-03-2011, 04:33 PM
The other night I managed to get a 1/4 of the page printed then it just stops and the red light comes on.

George, This is the same problem I was having with the cartridges & I contacted the company I bought the printer from. Luckily they were not too far away from where I live & they asked if I could take the printer to them to have a look to see what was going wrong. They tried various different things but in the end they decided to change the chips & hey presto it was working. It was ok for a short time & then the same happened again & again. Talking to other printer & cartridge suppliers it was evident that this was quite a common problem on the D120. As I said before I finished up having several sets of chips in stock & replaced them on a very regular basis. In the end the same explaination started to come from suppliers that it seemed the extra black cartridge seemed to be causing the problem. Now I know this bit will seem a bit silly but, it's what I was told time & time again. It seemed the chips in the two black cartridges seem to have a conflict all of a sudden & would in a way argue between them who was the dominant black cartridge to the point neither of them would play with the other. Like I said sounds really silly but, it did seem to be the case. I think the proof in point here is that the D120 was soon replaced when all these similar problems arose & the replacemt didn't have that extra black cartridge.

I know they'll probably be a few posts dimissing what I have said but it did happen to me & I've just repeated what was said to me by suppliers who were having a nightmare with this printer.

Georgestreets
26-03-2011, 07:44 PM
hi Ian, it is a nightmare. Thing is I now live in Cyprus and it seems that I'm the only sublimator :-) here. any chance you could point me to a chip supplier?

Thanks again matey

Paul
26-03-2011, 07:48 PM
did you try remove carts and place them back ???

Georgestreets
26-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Hi Paul, yep, so many times that I'm now a cart removal pro :-) the red light just stays on. The transfer press have ignored 2 of my emails and sawgrass are telling me to contact the transfer press. bit of a love triangle going on here or should I say hate triangle.

It's all well and good taking some ones money, that's the easy part.

Ian M
26-03-2011, 08:27 PM
hi Ian, it is a nightmare. Thing is I now live in Cyprus and it seems that I'm the only sublimator :-) here. any chance you could point me to a chip supplier?

Thanks again matey

George, I used to get mine from a couple of local computer fairs but anyone who sells refill cartridges should have them to sell. I think City Ink Express could help you out & here's their link. http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/

Georgestreets
26-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks Paul, top dude, I'll give'm a try.

thanks again matey

bms
27-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Hi Paul, yep, so many times that I'm now a cart removal pro :-) the red light just stays on. The transfer press have ignored 2 of my emails and sawgrass are telling me to contact the transfer press. bit of a love triangle going on here or should I say hate triangle.

It's all well and good taking some ones money, that's the easy part.

Graham's usually pretty good at the transfer press. If all else fails then I think we have the D120 cart & tube assemblies in stock. These are replacement cartridges with tubes fitted for fitting into your existing system. They come filled with Artainium ink. Transfer press should be able to supply these as well.

Ian M
27-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Martin, It does seem a bit pointless to spend all that money on a new system when what I suggested should cure the problem as in this similar link http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?1323-D120-woes-again

Justin
27-03-2011, 12:18 PM
How old is this system?

bms
27-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Martin, It does seem a bit pointless to spend all that money on a new system when what I suggested should cure the problem as in this similar link http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?1323-D120-woes-again

Who said it was going to cost any money? Graham should be able to provide this free of charge as the original supplier if the system.

Ian M
27-03-2011, 05:06 PM
If all else fails then I think we have the D120 cart & tube assemblies in stock. These are replacement cartridges with tubes fitted for fitting into your existing system. They come filled with Artainium ink.

Sorry, thought it was going to cost him money. Like I've said before I'm no expert.

Justin
27-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Which is why I've asked how old the system is. Have you tried phoning TP?

Georgestreets
27-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Hi Guys, the system is a week old. So I would think that I'm covered. I have no probs with Graham or Sue at the transfer press, It's just that I sent an email on Thursday and Friday with no reply, so you can't help but be a little concerned.

I have purchased things from them before with out any problems.

I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say.

bms
27-03-2011, 06:26 PM
the system is a week old
An Epson D120 less than a week old! The D120 was superceded by the B40W and Epson have even discontinued the B40W as well...

Georgestreets
27-03-2011, 06:38 PM
no, I purchased the D120 a few months ago in Cyprus. Had it in the box new until I purchased the ink System a week ago. So you could say that the D120 is also new as I opened the packaging the day the ink sys turned up.