PDA

View Full Version : tombo teamwear

jennywren
24-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Tombo teamwear is like a football shirt, but when i embroidery it it rucks up, could anyone advise what to do, I did a sample two months ago but forgot what I did, can anyone help as I have 50 to do and time is running out, and stress levels is very high and I ready to heave machinery out the window

smitch6
24-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi Jenny
what fabric is it?
some materials need stiffer stabiliser which helps with the rucks
you could also try putting washable stabiliser on top of the fabric just to help
like what you use on towels weird stuff wet it and it vanishes
i had a similar thing with some polo's i done and i put 2 layers of stabiliser behind it and made sure the fabric was super tight and it worked

jennywren
24-03-2011, 09:16 PM
the materiel is dry wicking (it stretchy ) I have tried more stiffener any other ideas

smitch6
24-03-2011, 09:57 PM
just found this info

"I stitched 20 shirts for my nephew' tennis team that were the "dry wick" material. I am presuming they are the same/similar fabrics. I used a cut away poly-mesh stabilizer. After sacrificing two shirts, I reduced the stitch count, changed stabilizers and they all came out great. When I finished them I also covered the back if the design with the same backing I use for baby clothes. The team is still wearing them and the design still looks great. Hope this helped! Good luck!"

so cut away stabiliser rather than tear away as its tougher and reduce the stitches slightly

hope you get it sorted

jennywren
24-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Many thanks but I have little time left to send away for cut away polo mesh, I'll have to keep trying till I get it right, If a shirt is ruined I practice on that till I get it right, maybe someone else will come with what to do, once again thanks

logodigitizing
25-03-2011, 07:01 AM
good advice, I would also check on the design and it's stitch count also consider the order in which the design is stitched. Your framing is very important here so not too tight or it could ladder..

I would first suggest new needles. Reduce the stitch count where at all possible and perhaps re-order 'centre out' like you would for caps because the way it stitches will push and pull the fabric, you're looking for a kind of even stitch out accross the design. As suggested the soluble topping helps a lot. I have found that speed can also be an issue here, so slow it down little by little. I know it will take longer but from experience it's better to get it right by taking your time on garments like these. I did some yesterday for a personal trainer and they're all into these type of garments, came out fine..
hope that helps ;)

Paul
25-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Smitch! Have you got embroider machine on bout? :)

smitch6
27-03-2011, 10:31 PM
yes Paul :)
only a small one though but it's pretty good
amazing what i cram in my poor boat and thankfully i have a great and understanding wife lol

djhutton
28-03-2011, 09:09 AM
As others have suggested you probably have too many stitches going onto the fabric. Few things I have found helped on similar fabric.

1) use a 'radial' fill and not very dense, this will go from the inside out and push out the fabric out rather than pulling it in.
2) lengthed the stitches in fills, this will give a better coverage with less stitches, so less tension/pull and quicker as well.
3) try some different stabilisers, (although I tend to use the same on everything)
4) check if your software has fabric settings, mine has and its useful to see what effect changing the fabric setting has.

DJ

jennywren
13-04-2011, 09:14 PM
many thanks for all your advice, as we had to seven different items we used the same design which work on all of them bar the dry wick, it has just dawn on me this was the problem i should have as the digitizer to do the stitches as described above, but did overcome the problem with lots of backing, their was a slight pulling on most of them but not as bad as the first few attempts but not perfect, glad to see the back of the 50 dry wick shirts, but another 30 need doing and we are better prepared with the good advice that you given thank you all so much.