PDA

View Full Version : blocked AGAIN

TonyM
25-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Hi all

Anyone here that has a shop in the Birmingham area to help unblock printers?

I have an Epson 1400 that I get nothnng out of.
Nozzle check shows nothing?
Gave up on the Ciss and I have bought sub cartridges. Still nothing?

I them bought an Epson B40W frpm BMS with a CISS and Hallelulah it worked.

Now .. Only a few weeks in that is blocked too and I only get one colour.
I am so frustratred and sick of it all/

I can not keep buying printers and inks?

I have 2 here now the 1400 with the defunk CISS that I changed for carts and the B40 with the CISS that is also not working.

Martin advised me to insert ther origonal carts and then re try the CISS on the B40 and this worked for a week or two but I cannot try that again as I no longer have the carts.

Is it just me or is this game one blockage after another and any money made lost on buying printers?

Sorry I sound fed up. But I am

I am 2 printers in and no wiser.

Advice please.

I could really do with a local contact to helo with blocakage problems.

Many thanks

Tony

Paul
25-03-2011, 09:27 PM
if you bought your printer from BMS then you have right to return it. also if you use sawgrass inks you covert with they warranty. if they can not help then they will replace your gear.
Also you can try head unblocking solution: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Inkjet-Printer-Print-Head-Printhead-Unblock-Epson-Canon-/140500608827?pt=UK_Computing_Printer_Paper_Accesso ries_ET&hash=item20b67d273b

bms
25-03-2011, 09:49 PM
First thing to do would be to look at our FAQ on this matter:
http://www.printerowners.co.uk/faq/12/1/sublimation-advanced.htm
My print quality on my Epson printer has deteriorated and I cannot get a good nozzle check pattern despite many head cleans... (http://www.printerowners.co.uk/faq/12/1/sublimation-advanced.htm#)

TonyM
25-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Hi Martin.

I dont think It ever worked properly?

Sorry to say that as you are so helpful.

You may recall that I could not get Yellow or Cyan when it was brand new and you advised another customer had the same problem and suggested that I install the origonal carts and run those. I did that and it worked as you suggested.

Unfortunatley it never lasted and i was having to recharge and clean very frquemtly.
I was able to do this. But a very frustrating and time consuming exercise.

Now I get only the one colour?

I regret to say I was never really happy as I never got anything that could be considered a run?

I have tried everything.
I was even going to just buy another priner to go with the CISS i have but see my one has been upgraded to a B42W? So I couldnt even do that.

Please advise

Regards

Tony

bms
25-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Now I get only the one colour?
Need to rule out printer or bulk feed system as the problem. Only way to fo this is to remove bulk feed system, use ordinary carts and test for good printing. If that works then printer is fine and problem lies with ink flow in the bulk feed system.

If you've installed genuine carts then, assuming these are not empty then you can insert again and test.

TonyM
25-03-2011, 11:11 PM
I dont have the origonal Carts anymore as I threw them once I had it all working.
I didnt think I would have a use for them and was so happy I had the ciss running and the ICC profile working.
I never thought I would have to change anything?
I probably ran a max of 10 prints before I had to mess around?
The Red would go first then Yellow
A clean would do nothing. I sent you a picture of my nozzle checks.
I did manage to get the system running again a few times, But now I get nothing?

Tony

TonyM
27-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Hi again
I have purchased the origonal carts and ran a nozzle check
I get nothing on 4 and five
Magenta and yellow I think?
I have done cleans and the tried the ciss system again.
I get no 4 and five on there also.
I have almost used up the ink ink the £40 cartridges I have bought keep re trying.
I have the nozzle checks if that would help?
Not sure how to add jpegs on here though?
I am actually doing a little work but only black and white stuff.
I also need a shop in the Birmingham area that could look at my epson 1400 for me.
Regards
Tony

Paul
27-03-2011, 03:03 PM
:0 you bought oryginal carts to flash your printer??????? OMG! whats wrong with £4 worth 3rd party ones?? is not about ink in this case. just about carts to check if they work or not.

TonyM
27-03-2011, 10:54 PM
I thought ( needed the proper carts?
I paid £40 and still no joy?

Really sick of this now.

I have spent all weekend flushing and paying out.
Now I hear I could have done it for a fiver?

I bought the original Cheetah carts

It is worse now than ever

I think I may need to buy a new printer and ciss syetem and just salvage the ink in this one?

I have about half left.
Most has just been wasted tryig to flush or do prints.
Yellow and Magenta never worked from day one.

I ran the origonals as Mart said and they worked for a short time.
But in no time at all I had problems/

I had messages to replace carts all the time?

I can run black but that is about it?

Even that is not stable.
Yellow and Magenta nave not really ever run?

Proper fed up now.
Every night and every weekend wasted.

I have wasted blanks that I have paid a lot for and still not working.

Any suggestions?

Do I just need to re buy yet another printer and CISS?
Ijust want to get up and running and some sort of stability where I can get a run of more that 6 in a row.

Please advise.

regards

Tony

Paul
27-03-2011, 10:59 PM
tony. get it back to your supplier. they should help you. if not then well... you know to stay away of them.

gstk
28-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Simple answer. Buy a Ricoh. I messed about for ages with an inkjet system and my blood pressure must have got seriously increased. Perhaps you can do a deal with Martin. Honestly you wont look back. They dont jam, they dont block and changing a cartridge is seconds. They are also very fast compared to inkjets AND NO MESS!!!! Trust me!!

Paul
28-03-2011, 09:58 AM
"your" printer dont jam and dont block. I own inkjet and it never jamed and never blocked.

gstk
28-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Then Paul I guess you have been very lucky. From the amount of posts on this forum that mention blocked inkjets I think there could be a pattern.
You'll have to impart your magic to us ;0)

TonyM
28-03-2011, 06:45 PM
I bought them from BMS and we all know that Martin is a top man.
He has helped me immensley in the past and I have bought mugs and bits in the past.
I do not know why I am having such problems?
I just really want to get started now, but one blockage after another and expensive inks wasted have really put me off.
I still need a shop in the Midlands for my Epson 1400 to get sorted, if anyone has any ideas.
Would people think it an idea to try refillable carts instead of the Ciss?
What printer is deemed the most reliable (blockage wise)?
Would it be the Richo mentioned?
What about comparable costs?
Not my costs I hasten to add. I am running at about £50 a cup the way I am going!

Tony

gstk
28-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Tony - take a deep breath. Put the ink for sale on Ebay or somewhere or someone might even buy it off you from here. Cut your losses and buy a Ricoh - If you were nearer to me I would say come here and see one in action. You wouldnt look at a bulk system again. I wouldnt have one if someone offered me a new one for free!! In their favour (The Inkjet) I would say the colour is a bit more vibrant but only marginally. they probably do work out a bit cheaper per print but would I ever want to go back to syringing and resetting etc etc. Nah - its no brainer.

Paul
28-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Then Paul I guess you have been very lucky. From the amount of posts on this forum that mention blocked inkjets I think there could be a pattern.
You'll have to impart your magic to us ;0)

well :) do you expect every person to make big song and dance about "working" printer? :) Sometimes inkjets fail its true but this is not a rule. same with ricoh. they very young on the sublimation market but we got already some people with problems with cloging etc... lets wait and see. any way. how much would cost you new inkjet and new ricoh?

In their favour (The Inkjet) I would say the colour is a bit more vibrant but only marginally. they probably do work out a bit cheaper per print

for me those are most important things. quality (vibrant and sharp colors) and price for this quality. whats ricoh got better then inkjet? only speed...

bms
28-03-2011, 07:31 PM
I still need a shop in the Midlands for my Epson 1400 to get sorted, if anyone has any ideas.

If you go through to www.Epson.co.uk (http://www.Epson.co.uk) and click through to Support, you should be able to find Epson authorised repair centres in your region. You could even take the other Epson printer there for Epson to have a look at under warranty as you have the genuine cartridges in the printer now.

photoscape
28-03-2011, 08:51 PM
may sound a daft question but where do you keep your printer? it isnt near a radiator is it, i used to have tons of problems with clogging epsons and it turned out my desk was in front of a radiator, sounds daft but thought id ask

gstk
28-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Paul
I have had 2 x D88's which were great. They worked hard and died after a decent life. The D120 was a pile of **** in my opinon. There's nothing worse than having to print 50 mugs or mousemats and the printer tell you its empty or cannot recognise a cartridge. The supplier was helpul and sent me new chips but it still happened. Often stopping half way through a mousemat which meant a waste of ink and paper and TIME!! For me it was a no brainer.

Quality - the emphasis was on "bit"

Pricing - For me its worth it!

Longevity - as you say, we will wait and see you could well be right.

For me its about efficiency, quality and peace of mind. The Ricoh gives me that - the D120 always had me on edge.

We'll agree to disagree - have you used a Ricoh by the way?

Paul
28-03-2011, 10:49 PM
No. I never used ricoch. As my printers works great. D120 is know as a useless printer becaus all problems. But lets dont put the cross on other epson inkjets. Is a bit like recomend somone car with automatic gear box and then claim this is best solution for all drivers. :)

smitch6
28-03-2011, 10:55 PM
i have a B1100 and its been brill since the day i bought it
i left it for well over a week without being used and it just pings into action and works fine

Paul
28-03-2011, 10:56 PM
We must be lucky then steve :)

smitch6
28-03-2011, 11:10 PM
i call it blessed ;)

gstk
28-03-2011, 11:33 PM
I didnt condemn ALL inkjet systems but I am afraid that if invested hard earned dosh into a product and six months later I threw it away I wouldnt go back for seconds. The Ricoh was a risk but it outperformed during my busiest time, the Christmas period, not a hiccup or heartbeat missed. To me that makes it worth it. Would I swap back - nope.

Inkjets are the only way forward and I am employed by Ricoh to push their products.

Jude
28-03-2011, 11:35 PM
may sound a daft question but where do you keep your printer? it isnt near a radiator is it, i used to have tons of problems with clogging epsons and it turned out my desk was in front of a radiator, sounds daft but thought id ask

This could actually make a lot of sense, thinking about it - I have an Epson B1100 with artainium ciss that recently ended up sitting for 3 months without being used, and only had 1 nozzle blocked after that time. Apart from that one blocked nozzle (first head clean solved it) I've never had a problem. I also have an Epson 880 running normal Epson ink, which is over 11 years old and has never been blocked. I wonder if the key is that my office is kept really quite cold - around 8-10C at night and max 18C in the daytime - and the printers are well away from the radiator. Perhaps temperature of the surrounding environment could be a factor?

A possible other factor - though this may be a red herring - is that, since my B1100 & ciss is only used intermittently, I generally close the little rubber bungs on the ciss when I know I've finished a phase of printing, and leave them closed until the next time I need to use it. Don't know if that might help it not to block, somehow??!

TonyM
29-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Hi all thanks for the replies

I did consider the radiator thing and then realised we havent had it on since I bought the system. Besides we are talking 4 feet away and not even in front..
Thanks for the thought though.

hope i havent started a war betwen Paul and gstk?

I will do as Martin suggests and find a local epson dealer seeing as I have paid another ranson for the cartridges.
Must say though after all the help and advice so gratefully received that I am a little dissapointed I have to take the printer to an epson dealer at my expense a month after buying it?
May I just ask Martin, without predjudice or aggravation, as I do think offer a great service and I do not wish to alienate you as I would like to use you as my main supplier if I ever get going?

you may recall I bought the printer and ink system from you a few weeks ago?
I contacted you immediatley and informed you I had no yellow and Cyan.
You advised insert the carts supplied and then try again with the CISS.
I did this and it worked.
BUT
It only worked briefly.
Basically I had a hit and miss run that has cost me a lot of money in wasted blanks.
Eventually the origonal inks ran out, so I couldnt do that no more.
Why I had to flush so much was beyond me?
I know I am new to this, but I know when something isnt right?
I never got the results I wanted.
I was flushing and wasting ink and blanks all day.

I then decided I had had enough and posted on here.
I have had help and advice ranging from various printers and methods. All of which I am thankful for.

You suggested I must decifer is it the printer or the carts.?
Fair enough

I spent another £40 on the genuine Cheetah inks as I though that was the advice.
Then I hear I could have done the same for a fiver?

Now I hear I should go to a local Epson dealer at my own expense?
Is that it then? Pass the buck?

Please advise what BMS are prepared to do, if anything?

I just want to get going. Totally fed up now with it all, problems. suppliers, excuses and the whole BS,
I will just write the whole thing off and start again.

I think the bald (pulled hair out) member who went with the carts knows where I am?
Toattally chessed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baldy please contact ne for a chat.
I really need to sort this out and you seem to be happier with what you are doing?

Best regards.

Tony

gstk
29-03-2011, 12:33 AM
My experience of the Epson Repair Centres is not brilliant. I also have an I.T. business - I took a customers faulty Epson printer there ( I supplied it) it took them three weeks to get a replacement as it had been discontinued. They did eventually replace it but it wasnt the same model. I think you may experience the same. If you leave it there make sure you stipulate you need a D120 back.

Good Luck

Tony

PS - No war as far as I am concerned ;o)

bms
29-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Hi TonyM,
As Paul said on a previous thread, this isn't a BMS forum so I'm happy to help with general comments and advice here on the forum, but when it comes to specific customer support it's more appropriate that it's done through direct contact to our office. That way the forum doesn't become a customer service portal for BMS. Also I'd need to know further details of goods purchased and the names we use on the forums don't help me to identify specific customers (we need postcodes or invoice numbers for that - and real names:)).

At the moment it seems like the printer has a problem hence the recommendation to use Epson for support. The Epson support centre in Bournemouth is good as they will leave cleaning cartridges in, perform various cleaning flushes to try to get it working. This can take a few days as the cleaning solution needs to do it's job.

purpledragon
29-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Blimy emotive things printers arnt they!
Ive been through one or two or three or four
i got a rioch 3030n i think works great but not overfussed on the end product it seems to really emphasise green for some reason and im sure with a bit of persaverance itd get it okish but to be honest the 1400 i use now is cheaper to run with better quality prints. but its not without hasstle as martin would testify too , and thanks again for all that help martin.
But heres what i find injets are very fussy things , feed them ink and paper and everythings fine but if mine runs out of paper im punished with banding consquently it takes 4 head cleans to get everything working againnever 3 or 5 but 4 every bloody time not a lot of help i know. It may be a daft question but with all this trouble you are having have you tried unplugiing the the usb and pulling the plug out the wall too not just switching it off ? then leave it overnight to sulk quite often this provokes a reaction
Brett

purpledragon
29-03-2011, 08:31 PM
ps anyone wanna buy a ricoh 5050n and inks
yes i know i called it a 3030n but i made a mistake .

TonyM
29-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Do you really have a Ricoh for sale, or were you jesting?
I MUST get going.
Is it the way to go?
How much do you want?
What ink is left?
How much are the carts and can you get refillables?
Bit more info please.
Looseing the noose for now, but muat admit never been so frustrated!

Tony

Paul
29-03-2011, 10:27 PM
if that would be the way to go why he would sell it?? :/

purpledragon
29-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Firstly
yes i do have a 5050n that i dont use and some inks with it too. i hadnt really thought about selling before now but i dont use it i dont really like it as i said in my post but if you are interested ill set it back up and give it the once over to make sure all is well with it before i fix a price theres no reason why it shouldnt be ok ive hardley used it from new.
secondly
Paul no offence mate but where do you get off commenting on some one elses transactions ive already stated in the previous post that i didnt think it was as good as inkjet and i prefered the quality in inkjets , im pretty sure people can make their own mind up on an honest statement, its not like ive said its the best thing sinced sliced bread, your comment almost suggests that im palming off inferior goods on unsuspecting victims im sure thats not how you meant but all the same m8 !!!

Paul
29-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Paul no offence mate but where do you get off commenting on some one elses transactions ive already stated in the previous post that i didnt think it was as good as inkjet and i prefered the quality in inkjets , im pretty sure people can make their own mind up on an honest statement, its not like ive said its the best thing sinced sliced bread, your comment almost suggests that im palming off inferior goods on unsuspecting victims im sure thats not how you meant but all the same m8 !!!
no offence taken. Second is not transaction tread. I never said you not honest mate. As you said in previous post you dont like it and you preffer your inkjet. I appreciate the heonestly. 3rd. yes. People can make their mind normaly but not in this case.

ps.
My sarcastic comment regards your printer was regard to early posts about them where gstk was favorising them. When you posted about selling it and why selling it i decided to made this comment as they can not be that good as gstk recon they are.

gstk
30-03-2011, 09:03 AM
"but its not without hasstle as martin would testify too , and thanks again for all that help martin.
But heres what i find injets are very fussy things , feed them ink and paper and everythings fine but if mine runs out of paper im punished with banding consquently it takes 4 head cleans to get everything working againnever 3 or 5 but 4 every bloody time not a lot of help i know. It may be a daft question but with all this trouble you are having have you tried unplugiing the the usb and pulling the plug out the wall too not just switching it off ? then leave it overnight to sulk quite often this provokes a reaction"

I rest my case......

John G
30-03-2011, 10:13 AM
I have a Ricoh 5050n but never had an Epson sub printer - judging these printers by all the repeat questions on this forum such as "my heads blocked" "why's there no ink coming out" "There's ink spilling out all over" I'd never want an Epson.

Sliced Bread - Ricoh - there's no comparison, Ricoh wins hands down:wink:

Paul
30-03-2011, 10:16 AM
wats the percetage of ricoh users and epson ones???? ;)
Also if you count the questions about descent epsons with descent ciss you will find out that is not that many of them. I would look at the skl
Ikill level of sublimator too ;)

John G
30-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Paul, maybe rephrase that question to:
"Whats the percentage of happy ricoh and epson users"

purpledragon
30-03-2011, 10:19 AM
People can make their mind normaly but not in this case.

Paul mate really stop digging that hole you're in suggesting that in any case people are unable to make their own mind ups is both pretentious and condasending if not incredibly patronising

gtsk i couldnt agree more the rioch is simplicity itself i had an issue with getting the colours right and to my mind the ink didnt go as far as it was claimed it would i only bought mine as i was considering doing shows where this printer would be perfect ink jets as ive already said are very finicky and dont like being moved about. I get much better value out my injet but thats me im willing to bet theres plenty of you out there with better arguments for and against various printers

mrs maggot
30-03-2011, 10:37 AM
not to come to Pauls defence, on this issue, but in general, but i think sometimes his Polish comes out in his written English, and comes across slightly abrupt which I'm sure its not meant to be. Its taken me a while to reaslise this when i read some of his replies.

Paul
30-03-2011, 10:39 AM
purpledragon. You missunderstand my intention mate. Iam not saing that people cant mmmake their own mind. I said bot in this case as tony already made his mind and chose inkjet. So instad of try to help him with his problem people recomend to chuck his dear printer in the bin and buy a more expensive one. What kind of help is that?!

Paul
30-03-2011, 11:35 AM
not to come to Pauls defence, on this issue, but in general, but i think sometimes his Polish comes out in his written English, and comes across slightly abrupt which I'm sure its not meant to be. Its taken me a while to reaslise this when i read some of his replies.

;o sorry. I did not mean to upset no one. also i did not know my posts are ofensive as well. I am not argumentive person and i was wondering couple of times why people getting so touchy after i post some posts. Sorry guys. This is just the way i post ;(

John G
30-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Your English is much better than my Polish :wink:

gstk
30-03-2011, 02:48 PM
I must admit I do feel a bit like I am being attacked for giving an opinion. But I am old enough, wise enough and big enough to not let that bother me. I want to clarify my opinion on this matter.

1. I have owned 2 x D88's and 1x D120 Sub printer. I also own a Ricoh 3300n currently. I have been doing this for four years with good results and high customer satisfaction. Since I have owned both types of printers I feel I am justified in giving MY OPINION on what I consider to be the best ALL ROUND printer FOR ME
2. TonyM is trying to get started. He is neither producing anything or has a serviceable printer and is not earning anything for his outlay. technically he has purchased something not fit for the job he bought it for. Under the consumer rights someone has to act.
I offered an OPTION to him. I didnt tell him to throw it away (Although I did with mine) I told him to get what he could for it. Or perhaps he should get either the supplier or manufacturer to sort him out. Of course a third option, if he can afford it is to get a Ricoh and start work and earning and then when the D120 is resolved he has the option for both.

3. The D120 is a notoriously poor machine. I can say this because I had one and threw it away in frustration. Not from hearsay or rumour. It did everything everyone else has said.

4. The comment that I or others could not understand the dyesub system after having used a D88 for two years is somewhat unwarranted. I am in business to make money and keep customers happy, at the most cost effective way I can. If I have a machine that breaks down constantly it means I am not as productive. TIME = MONEY! I bought the Ricoh hoping to elimenate the time wasted. I evaluated the print quality and in my view it is very saleable. After all if the picture provided is crap so the result will be crap.

5. If I was doing high value prints for say canvas frames on a huge scale, I would probably go for a dye sub setup, but it wouldnt now be a half arsed office printer converted. I'd pay for a proper Dyesub plotter / Industrial machine. Truth is mostly we are all chasing a print cost as cheap as possible on blanks rarely costing more than a couple of quid each.

6. Accused of "Favourising" the Ricoh. This is a forum and the guy asked for help and an opinion. I have had both types and in my opinion its the better. My view was offered from my experience. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to say it. If you dont agree I have no problem with it. Let the reader evaluate

TonyM
03-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi did you give a thought as to whether you want to sell your Ricoh?
I have decided I must bite the bullet and cant keep messing around.
What would the cost comparison be using a CISS system over cartridges be?
I guess it is quite a lot more?
Have done all I can ib black and white now and need some colour.
I have just ran 3 cleans and printed off a page of Yellow and Red shapes.
I have 20 totally blank pages.
Anyone got a Ricoh with the Cartridges for sale on here?
Or point me in the right direction of a reasonably priced kit?

Thanks
Tony

TonyM
03-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Is this a sublimation printer?
It seems too cheap.
Ricoh GX e3350n A4 Colour Gel Printer
£125+Vat and it icludes 4 Gel Cartridges and free P&P
That is new from an online shop.
There is even £20 cashback!
To good to be true?
http://www.printerland.co.uk/Ricoh-GX-e3350n-P109578.aspx?source=DealTime966332
Please advise as I must get one in the next few days and get set up for the weekend as I have just heard that I will be losing my job in the next few weeks.

Best Regards

Tony

Justin
03-04-2011, 10:36 PM
That price sounds about right, you need to factor in the cost of sublimation inks there as well. Personally I would buy the complete set-up from one of the suppliers on our current list rather than get the printer from one company and inks from another.

John G
04-04-2011, 12:48 AM
it is a sub printer - just not supplied with the sub inks.

bms
04-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Ours are £249 +vat and come with a full set of SubliJetR inks. If you do buy the printer elsewhere NEVER insert the genuine carts. Ricohs tend to work out about 20% more expensive per page compared to Epsons on bulk feed systems.

JSR
04-04-2011, 11:13 AM
The choice of printer is an emotive subject, and it's no wonder really.

In an ideal world, the ideal printer for a type of ink is a printer made by the company that made the ink. That way, if you have any problems, the manufacturer is likely to help.

In the real world, we're left with having to put a third party ink into a printer that it wasn't designed for. It doesn't matter if that's an Epson or a Ricoh printer because it just wasn't designed for it. And why should it be? Neither Epson nor Ricoh profit by the sale of dye-sublimation ink, so why should they give a monkeys if it causes problems?

Different printers work better for different people. Some people have success with Epson printers, others have blocking issues; other people have success with Ricoh printers, others have mainboard failures. In either case, the use of third-party inks in them has the manufacturer running a mile.

There is no easy and quick answer to "which printer should I buy?" because there is no printer designed for "dye-sublimation ink" - it's forever going to be a case of "square peg in round hole". Everyone has their own opinion on what works best for them, and what works best for them may not work for you at all.

smitch6
04-04-2011, 01:37 PM
very wise and true words there

logobear
04-04-2011, 02:57 PM
I did laser mugs for a dozen years before starting sub with a D88 and CIS
Sub mugs were much better and had fewer failures over the laser setup, but after a year or two i did get leaks, mess, lines, and spoild mugs so upgraded to a Richo which is an awesome machine, if it costs 20% more per mug then that is 6p instead of 5p - hec who cares, it is fast and great on colour when used with the POWERDRIVER software which deals with colour management etc.
Since getting the Richo our mugs are much better quality, and i have only made one dud in over 500 mugs, and that wes because i put the paper in upside down! the Richo will take 1/3 of A4 sized sheets too so you get maximum usage.
i vote happy richo user!

gstk
04-04-2011, 06:02 PM
I did laser mugs for a dozen years before starting sub with a D88 and CIS
Sub mugs were much better and had fewer failures over the laser setup, but after a year or two i did get leaks, mess, lines, and spoild mugs so upgraded to a Richo which is an awesome machine, if it costs 20% more per mug then that is 6p instead of 5p - hec who cares, it is fast and great on colour when used with the POWERDRIVER software which deals with colour management etc.
Since getting the Richo our mugs are much better quality, and i have only made one dud in over 500 mugs, and that wes because i put the paper in upside down! the Richo will take 1/3 of A4 sized sheets too so you get maximum usage.
i vote happy richo user!

halleluia - I was beginning to get lonely ;0)

TonyM
04-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Anyone on here got one for sale?
I cant really afford to pay another £249+vat and then I would think postage.
Martin, What is the total cost and what is the capacity of the cartridges.

Tony

bms
04-04-2011, 09:40 PM
RRP of the SubliJetR cartridges are £40 + vat each and they hold 29ml of ink each.

TonyM
04-04-2011, 11:35 PM
I have bought the printer and inks from BMS Mart.

i have also ordered some blanks to get going AGAIN!

I have spent nearly £800 I think?

Any chance you could give me free postage and make sure I get by the weekend?

I will be a good customer once I get my act together.

I note there was a option for loyalty I think?

Can I have an advance on that?

Tony

Justin
05-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Tony, this matter should really be discussed through Private Message and not in the general forum. Alternatively you should contact BMS through their own website as Martin has mentioned previously in the thread.

daviddeer
05-05-2011, 05:17 PM
I had a very old Epson 1290 with completely blocked nozzles and now have a great working machine.
I went through hoops getting it working and had to do some dismantling of the machine. You may have to remove the top cover of your machine to get to the underneath of the print head and carrier.
Press the button to put the carts in change position and unplug the printer mains cable when they are half way across. This leaves you a cart that can be moved easily along the travel bar. Move the head to the cartridge change position and remove carts and retaining clip.
Tear strips of j cloth about 1/4 inch wide lightly soaked in windowlene and lay them under the path of the print head. Put a little windowlene (don't use any other product) over the cartridge carrier. Move the carrier over the j cloth and leave overnight. Next day replenish j cloth and using small squirts of windowlene soak the print had carrier. Move it back and forth over the j cloth to remove any ink under the heads. Keep doing this until the cloths are clean.
Use windowlene in a 5ml syringe. Take the delivery tube ( the one that goes from the bottom of the bottle to the trigger spray )from inside the windowlene bottle and place it on the end of the syringe. Now you have a head cleaning pressure hose! Put j cloth under the print heads and place the carrier over it. Now comes the tricky part. You have to place the plastic tube attached to the syringe onto the print heads one at a time. With very light pressure force a little windowlene out of the syringe and then suck it back up (repeat 4-5 times) finally squirt about 1 ml of fluid through the head. DO NOT use a lot of force as this will damage the print heads. Gentle pressure and a little fluid, about 1 ml per head. Do this for each print head.
Remove the syringe and tube and the j cloth. Clean round the heads, carrier and rollers with a dry cloth.
Obtain some cleaning fluid carts for your printer I bought mine from here (http://www.internet-ink.co.uk/epson-cleaning-cartridges/). Follow the procedure they recommend.
I did a test print and head clean with some old original carts before putting in the sublimation ciss (artanium ink is expensive).
Now you are ready for the sublimation cartridges:
Before replacing the cartridges follow the procedure in the video below to prime them.

To re-prime ciss carts and heads following the advice in the video
here (http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/support-article/1)

Once done you can put it all back together and run a deep clean and test print. You may need 5-6 cleans before you see results.
I know it's a lot of work but when you haven't got money for a shiny new printer with all it's gel technology you have to get the most out of the old one. This is only what I did to get it going. I can't be held liable if you decide to try yourself, after all if you're going to launch it you have nothing to lose.

JSR
05-05-2011, 05:29 PM
I had a very old Epson 1290 with completely blocked nozzles
I have a 1290S that hadn't been used for a while and one of the colours just would not print no matter what I did. As I have other printers here, I prepared to chuck it.

However, at the time I was experimenting with another printer and using "unofficial" inks. With nothing to lose, I grabbed a couple of unused refillable cartridges for my 1290, put in the "unofficial ink", and with one quick head-clean, the printer began printing on all nozzles again.

I still don't understand it, but it worked. I now have it set up as a second backup printer. Crazy.

bms
05-05-2011, 08:04 PM
As Justin says TonyM, please contact our office. The DSF is nothing to do with us, we merely contribute to it. All our contact details are on our website, but the pseudonyms we use on here doesn't help me link actual customers to DSF members.

Matt Quinn
05-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Windowlene's one of the substances I'd generally avoid putting through a printer as it can cause contamination issues... The American 'windex' product is what is widely touted as a cleaner for Epson printers... From the Wikipedia entry on Windex...

"The Sam Wise patent #3,463,735 lists several example formulae, one of which is 4.0% isopropyl alcohol (a highly volatile solvent) 1% ethylene glycol monobutyl ether (a less volatile solvent), 0.1% sodium lauryl sulfate (a surfactant), 0.01% tetrasodium pyrophosphate (a water softener), 0.05% of 28% ammonia, 1% of a dye solution, and 0.01% perfume."

...Your printer can probably really do without the perfume, surfactant, water softener, dye and perfume; all potential contaminents! And the trouble with the Windowlene is that people (half understading what they're doing) WILL try this trick using the pink creme stuff (as opposed to the liquid) - and cause all sorts of issues in the process!

...If you MUST use Windowlene it needs to be the CLEAR liquid type ONLY!

However; there's a cheaper and better solution...

It's the IPA (isopropyl alcohol) in Windex/Windowlene that does much of the work... You'll find this is a VERY good solvent for most ink. It's also volatile enough to evaporate completely and leaves no deposits behind. - Used regularly in science and industry on all sorts of sensitive optical and electronics surfaces that need to be left perfectly, chemically, clean...

Ammonia is also a key solvent for many inks... Though you shouldn't use it neat. A mix of 10% Ammonia to 90% IPA is often used by print technician

IPA can be obtained from various suppliers - By the gallon off Ebay if you so desire. The purer it is the better IMHO. Some people though DO dilute it with distilled water - which would be fine if you're using water-based inks...

We've revived printers that were left for dead literally YEARS ago using IPA and techniques very similar to those posted above.

http://www.printerhacks.com/how-to-really-clean-an-inkjet-printer-in-5-simple-steps/

http://hardware.mcse.ms/message309697.html

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IPA-5-Litre-Iso-Propyl-Alcohol-IPA-99-9-Ultra-Pure-/140441876448?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item20b2fcf7e0

A GALLON of the stuff is £18!

Stitch Up
06-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Good post.

I tried to get Windex in the UK but no-go.

You have to be careful using IPA because it can cause rubber parts such as seals, wiper blades etc to harden. I have the main ingredients mentioned above - 5 litres of 99% IPA, 25 litres of distilled water and I discovered Boots sell a cheap household ammonia without perfumes and coloured stuff.

The problem I find with calculations involving Ammonia is knowing exacly what is meant when it's referred to as pure ammonia. Pure Ammonia is a gas not a liquid. I guess I'll find out one day.

I need to make up a solution similar to Windex for use with my Jet Genie machine. I purchased it to provide some sort of insurance for the printhead in my NeoFlex direct to garment printer, to date, I've not needed it :)

See here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkea2711o_Q

Matt Quinn
06-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Very kind of you to say so... I think we have a new thread on cleaning solutions which might help us all pool experiences

Not quite confident in linking to other threads but it's called 'cleaning solutions'. Newly set up by Gooner Gary...