PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Jude
26-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm a graphic designer and photographer, with a fairly small dye-sub sideline - am still in the testing stages, deciding which product lines would be best to offer long-term.

Been reading through various posts here for a while. There is loads of useful info on the forum, which have prevented me from making any major mistakes so far... many thanks to all of you for sharing! I'm sure that I shall be sharing tales of woe or puzzlement in the near future as I continue to experiment.

There ought to be a sort of fanfare attached to this really, as it's my first post to a forum *EVER*... bit of a phobia about online technologies... a few fairly major "conversational" disasters in the early days of Instant Messenger several years ago put me off for a loooooooong time! [Anyone else have the same problem with those online chat applications - where the other end of the conversation moves really fast, you can't type fast enough to keep up, and then hit "return" accidentally half-way through a thought and cause chaos by seeming really rude or meaning the opposite of what you'd intended, etc? And then compound the problem by not being able to type fast enough to sort it all out?! Or is that just me?!!]

Anyway, you all seem really friendly, so I thought I'd take the plunge and try joining a forum. I'm bound to do something incredibly silly, putting a post in a really dumb place or posting it half-finished or something, so do bear with me while I figure it all out!!! ;o) On that note, can anyone enlighten me as to the meaning of "Automatically parse links in text" and whether or not I should leave it ticked? (It's the first option below the bunch of smiley icon things when you scroll down from the place where you type the post message!)

Best wishes,

Jude
[Who has just spent 10 minutes hunting all over in vain for a "send" button before finally figuring out it's the "Submit New Thread" one... d'oh!!!!]

Justin
27-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Hey Jude.....sorry :-( Hi Jude! Welcome to the forum.

The site will take a bit of getting used to so if you need any help just give me a shout :-)

Justin
DSF Admin

Paul
27-03-2011, 12:06 AM
hi Jude! welcome with us!

Ian M
27-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi Jude & welcome to the forum.

Ian :biggrin:

bms
27-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Welcome to the forum Jude :)

mrs maggot
27-03-2011, 02:11 PM
welcome to the forum

Kaz
27-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Hello and welcome on board :D

smitch6
27-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Hi Jude and Justin your showing your age with the Hey although i rem that song well :)
i think i've got it somewhere in my attic on vinyl :~