PDA

View Full Version : Dye Sublimation in Hanoi- Vietnam

Kristine McCarroll
29-03-2011, 05:28 AM
Hi there!
I am a French-Australian artist currently doing an art residency in Hue-Vietnam.
I currently work on a body of work consisting of images transfered on 100% silk organza banners (75c x 280cm). Because of the prohibitive cost of silk in Australia, I got a very friendly Australian dye sublimation company to print for me my images on paper and I travelled to Vietnam with the paper images. I next bought my silk in Saigon and now in Hue I have just finished transferring them after many hours of labour intensive hand ironing! I had to use many cans of acrylic spray to prepare the silk but the result is satisfactory from an artist point of view as it is quite blurred and gives my work the nostalgic look I am after.
This method is certainly not suitable for any other commercial use, by the way!
I will be spending the next 3 months in Hanoi and I would like to create more work on 100% silk organza but this time I want to do it the proper way.

Could anyone in the forum points me towards a Hanoi-based dye sublimation company?
If there is none in Hanoi I could problably take a trip down to Saigon.

Thank you very much in advance for any help.
Cheers

bms
29-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Welcome to the forum:)
Given your geography I would have thought the Chinese would have some setup in Vietnam or possibly some suppliers from Thailand. Don't know of any specific suppliers over there.

mrs maggot
29-03-2011, 09:19 AM
We are mainly UK based, you might find some information on http://www.t-shirtforums.com/ of suppliers based outside the UK

Justin
29-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Welcome to the forum Kristine :-)

Justin
DSF Admin

Kristine McCarroll
30-03-2011, 05:46 AM
Thanks anyway Martin. I will dig in deeper in my research when I arrived in Hanoi by mid April. I am currently in Hue where for sure they do not do dye sublimation!
Cheers

Kristine McCarroll
30-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Thanks Justin. Any contacts in Hanoi???

lbdollscompany
04-08-2012, 10:15 AM
Hi,

I'm looking for vietnamese dye-sublimation companies in vietnam.
If you have any experience, contact and adress, i'm interesting.

Thank you,
Nicolas

Kristine McCarroll
04-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Hi Ncolas,
In April this year, i was in contact with Darren from HCM. I did not pursue my investigation very far with him because I had to put on hold my project. However he sent me some useful info bellow and his email address is : <darren@districteightdesign.com>
Good luck.

Copy of Darren info on Dye sublimation printing

We can do sublimation but I am not sure its performance on silk. Normally the disperse inks do not take to anything without a polyester content so I am not sure how your Sydney supplier is doing their printing. It is not uncommon that in asia the fabric suppliers substitute yarn so it might work still work using sublime inks. We are limited to printing 60cm wide though as we do mainly smaller format sublimation.

If you were looking for direct to fabric printing we could just print directly on pure silk using either pigment, reactive or acid inks. For this we have two 160cm width printers. The color is more vibrant and actually dies the fabric so the print will be deeper than sublime.

Let me know if you are still interested.

Best rgds

Darren