PDA

View Full Version : Heat Transfer Papers - which do you use?

barryslip
29-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Hi all

I'm trying to move away from sublimation printing and move into garment printing...

I've been ordering heat transfer paper samples from suppliers left, right and centre this weekend! My plan is to cut up some t-shirts and print the same image onto each paper onto a different piece of shirt (my brainwave - also add some text to the image showing which paper it's from - genuis!! lol!!).

Whilst I've been thinking about this, it occured to me that there are already lots of people on this forum that have been down the same route and that they know "what works best".

So with this in mind, could I ask for just a moment of your time?
Which transfer papers do you prefer for inkjet and for laser printers?
Which papers do you prefer for light garments and dark garments?
What are the finished results like for each combination of the above? I'm talking about the feel of the finished image and the washability of the garment.

Many thanks in advance...
Barry

DS Designs
29-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Barry, I use Magic Touch TTC 3.1 (for lights) with my Oki. I have tried Imageclip for lights too, thats pretty good (no polymer window). I stopped using an inkjet years ago for anything other than Dyesub. Never found anything half decent for darks, if I do get asked to do them I will use the versacamm with siser evolution paper....not really that good but its very soft and the best of a bad bunch in my opinion...but a bit finicky in the wash....wash, dry, iron inside out etc... I find the TTC 3.1 is pretty good, soft hand, feels a bit rubbery and seems to hold up good in the wash...hope this helps

Dave

mrs maggot
29-03-2011, 09:43 PM
already put this on a reply somewhere else about paper, but i use dorotapes paper, epson printer, and durabrite ink