PDA

View Full Version : cap presses

chongsta
29-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Hi all,

Ive wanted to get into cap pressing for a while now and low n behold Ive just been asked to do a starting order of about 150 to possibly 400 caps for a car club!

Im after some advice on presses and in particular which are the best caps to buy? I know thats a generic question about the caps seeing as there's so many varieties, Im after what you guys buy in and sell on a regular basis. Im a customer of Ralawise and caps seem to be around about £1.80 (per 150 carton), are these good prices? seems good to me.

I should ask as well, whats a good price to charge? £3.00 - £3.50 is this a good trade price? The car club isnt selling them on, they're for the entrants to the competitions throughout the year, so I'd like to give a good price and retain the trade rather than charge more for if they were selling them on.

I'll also be using my tshirt printable vinyl for the designs, any problems using that or is there special cap vinyl lol :)

Cheers in advance
Dave.

logobear
29-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Beechfield BB10 carton rate is about a pound, printed vinyl is easiest, we have no issues, I think £3.50 or even a bit more ?
P

chongsta
29-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Beechfield BB10 carton rate is about a pound, printed vinyl is easiest, we have no issues, I think £3.50 or even a bit more ?
P

thanks for the reply, i couldnt locate the BB10 though! I found BC010 Original 5 Panel Cap which were £1.09 and they seem like very nice caps indeed and they do a grey which is what the club want. Nice one for that.

Any advice on a cap press? I see a few on eBay around £130.00 + free delivery.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-HAT-CAP-HEAT-PRESS-MACHINE-TRANSFER-DIGITAL-/190423616738?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c5621cce2

cheers
Dave.

mrs maggot
29-03-2011, 03:13 PM
minimum of £3.50 they would sell them on (if they were to at between £6 & £8) Caps take a while to get used to pressing, anything less than £3.50/£3.90 and you are not allowing for the vinyl time or paying off the heatpress you will be buying. Never be ashamed to charge people for a quality item, and never make the mistake of passing on any special deals or prices to customers, when a supplier offers a deal use the extra margin to help you - not the customer

AdamB
29-03-2011, 03:24 PM
...........and never make the mistake of passing on any special deals or prices to customers, when a supplier offers a deal use the extra margin to help you - not the customer

Ditto :-)

If you get a good deal from a supplier and offer a customer this then what happens when the deal isn't there from the supplier. 'You' would expect time-lined deals but a 'customer' would expect to pay the same price (with the exception of VAT rises etc).

Paul
29-03-2011, 04:30 PM
from me only that: flock look beter on cap then flex ;)

all the best!

Justin
29-03-2011, 11:17 PM
We bought a cap press a few years back. Wasn't sure how popular caps would be so we just bought a cheap used one off eBay. It did the job perfectly ok and paid for itself in no time. I guess something like the one you've seen would be fine, you can always upgrade as and when funds allow but you may well find that one would be ample.

mrs maggot
05-04-2011, 11:32 PM
just make sure the caps are right for printing, some of them panel wise will not sit flat on the press if they have a panel join in the middle

Gordon
08-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi Ralawise have cap's for as little as 29p have a look in the rala deal box (on the right at the top). & mrs maggot is right, you dont wont the the six panel cap's. and they are Beechfield, a good brand.

Gordon
08-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Sorry it's on thr left, not the right. lol

Paul
08-04-2011, 10:11 AM
so what you say? 6 panel hats aint good? I just wanted to buy some to try. 5 panel ones dont look as goo...

Kaz
08-04-2011, 01:12 PM
You need to register with Ralawise to see the prices :(

Gordon
08-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Hi, yes you do need to register with Ralwise, but it is a good site, cost nothing to register but you do need to be a company, also the six panel's do have a fold in the centre at the front, the five panel are good, we emb on them and not the six.
hope this is a help.

Kaz
08-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered with my hubbys company, and now have an account :-D

Gordon
09-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Nice one, see how cheap it is.......................................

Kaz
09-04-2011, 10:25 AM
It is on the clearance section, not finding them that cheap on hoodies :(

Gordon
09-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Hi Kaz, sorry I thourt we wanted cheap cap's, I will look out for hoodie's lol

Kaz
09-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Ah right, lol, sorry, my mistake

chongsta
22-04-2011, 10:59 PM
It is on the clearance section, not finding them that cheap on hoodies :(

Hoodies and normal cotton tee's have sky rocketed in the last 6 months :( and theyre set for another rise soon. all these natural disasters in Asia and wherever cotton comes from have blown the wholesale price through the roof.

I was using buytshirtsonline.com but i now use qtag.com - theyre about 10 - 15p more than the other company but they offer free delivery for orders over £30.00 which i think is great, its saving about £8.00 each time, which is 4 tshirts in itself. And they haven't screwed my orders up lol.

Ive noticed that Ralawise are starting to make some nice offers lately as well, free delivery over £50.00 but even Rala are only roughly matching qtag's prices. buytshirtsonline are the cheapest but we're talking pennies. There's not a lot of competition for tee's at the moment, which says to me that the wholesalers are getting stung and cant pass on decent incentives to buy.

lol...i had a customer ask me to do 50 tee's. at first he said he only wanted me to do the prints and he'll supply the shirts. I gave him a price of £3.50 per shirt and asked him where he was going to get his tee's from, although he didnt say directly where he was going to get them, he said he was hoping to pay about a £1.00 per shirt, i laughed and asked him to give me the suppliers name coz i'll buy a 100 right now! When i told him the real price, he reduced the order to 40 and still wanted the tee and the design for £3.50 !!! suffice to say we're still "negotiating" the deal :)

Dave