PDA

View Full Version : good competition for mug machine ;)

Paul
09-12-2009, 04:27 PM
have a look on here :)
L I N K ! (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-IN-1-MUG-PRESS-SUBLIMATION-TRANSFER-NEW-MODEL-LC5_W0QQitemZ280435941555QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_3?hash=item414b48e0b3)

http://www.99phost.com/images/LOVECUT/5inmugpress.jpg

accdave
09-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Any company who blatantly lies doesn't get my custom

"LOVECUT UK'S LARGEST HEAT PRESS & VINYL CUTTER SUPPLIER"

Paul
09-12-2009, 08:32 PM
well... :) I would not call them liers. :) is more maketing move. is something like "the best" "cheapest" etc... wee all do that. "our mugs r best" :)...

accdave
09-12-2009, 08:53 PM
My apologies. maybe a bit harsh.

John G
09-12-2009, 08:58 PM
I think they forgot to put in the word "Probably" which would cover all bases. :lol:

BTW: Yesterday I put in another order with; "LOVECUT UK'S LARGEST HEAT PRESS & VINYL CUTTER SUPPLIER" and it was delivered before 11.00am today - excellent service considering its free delivery. :D

Cheers John

Justin
09-12-2009, 08:59 PM

If that's what they are claiming and can't back it up with evidence then it surely is a lie? They won't get to be the biggest by doing that, far from it.

Justin

Justin
09-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Anyone going to get one of these to test out? Not a bad price. I looked at importing the same machine from China. I'm guessing the other suppliers who sell multi-mug presses won't be too chuffed.

Justin

Paul
09-12-2009, 09:03 PM
If that's what they are claiming and can't back it up with evidence then it surely is a lie?
Justin
yeee... but how do we know?? ;) do we have to cross them off already? I never ordered anything from them so I dont know. So lest wait for some real feedback. I am going to order some vinyl next week so I will give them a go.

Paul
09-12-2009, 09:05 PM
other suppliers who sell multi-mug presses won't be too chuffed.

Justin
if we compare prices then No. they wont :twisted:

I think they forgot to put in the word "Probably" which would cover all bases. :lol:

Cheers John

http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/lol.gif i like that :)

John G
09-12-2009, 10:54 PM
My feedbacks above - 2 orders so far and both delivered for free next day. :D

JSR
10-12-2009, 12:04 AM

If that's what they are claiming and can't back it up with evidence then it surely is a lie? They won't get to be the biggest by doing that, far from it.

Justin
It's all down to semantics.

All they have to do is to supply the UK's largest heat press and they can claim to be the UK's Largest Heat Press Supplier. I.e., they're not the UK's largest supplier of heat presses, but they are a supplier of the UK's largest heat press (even if others also supply it).

In short, all suppliers could make the same claim if they sell the largest heat press in the UK. Legally, they're not lying at all. It's our fault for misreading the claim.

Grammar's the key.

Stitch Up
10-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Hmmmm, very misleading statement and I would rekon that if you did a street survey 10 out 10 (who expressed a preference) would interpret the statememt in the same way as we did i.e. they supply the greatest number of heat presses.

I picked up on the statement the moment I saw the ad and my immediate thoughts were, never heard of them so how can they be the UK'S LARGEST HEAT PRESS & VINYL CUTTER SUPPLIER?

Raised my suspicions straight away.

JSR
10-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Hmmmm, very misleading statement and I would rekon that if you did a street survey 10 out 10 (who expressed a preference) would interpret the statememt in the same wasy as we did i.e. they supply the greatest number of heat presses.

I picked up on the statement the moment I saw the ad and my immediate thoughts were, never heard of them so how can they be the UK'S LARGEST HEAT PRESS & VINYL CUTTER SUPPLIER?

Raised my suspicions straight away.
I don't disagree with you. Ideally they should be reported to the OFT - who take a dim view of misleading claims in advertising literature, but I'm not sure it'd achieve much. See: http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources/resource_base/legal/misleading-advertisements/what-is-it

All we can really do is speak with our wallets. If we don't like the way the supplier presents themselves, don't do business with them.