PDA

View Full Version : Help please

annoat25
02-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Good to know have this foum is here for us help and advise. We are still starting up due to being made redundant but only had one bigish order. Our mug press isn't the best it has no temp regulator so gets hotter and we have 2 epson 1400 printers as we are looking at doing prints aswell. Anyway we want to buy another mug press but we want to do t shirts as well. do we buy a combi or separates. Any advise would be greatly appreciated?

AnnOat

jennywren
02-04-2011, 07:46 PM
No idea what to recommend but if you are hoping to make a living straight away but sublimation ect, it just won't happen, it's tough out here, I've been self employed for 16 yrs and still find it tough. the only thing that keeps us going is our regulars, and a bit of luck when a biggish order comes in. plus my husband work part time for real money. It takes time to build a reputations and what with your competition doing it for extra money and on the quite you'll find it tough. if you do t.shirts you have take in consideration sizes colors ect to make sure you are competitive you need to buy in bulk , keep all your receipts as these will keep the taxman happy and reduce your bill but on a happy note, I do like being self employed and will never work for anyone again, I find it best to pay myself a poor wage and be very happy

mrs maggot
03-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Hi - a combi press would help you at the moment while funds are tight, but you will find it a bit of a fiddle switching over from one to another, so make sure you press your t's in a batch and your mugs in a batch.

I agree with Jennywren, its tough getting started, and the temptation is to price your self into getting orders, which is fine, but wont help you towards growing your business, so be confident in what you make, price yourselves in the ball park of others doing a good job, and take it from there

Justin
03-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Maybe start off woth just one press, say the mug press. Get going with that and soon you should have enough to fund a heat press for your Tees. Personally I prefer seperate presses.

As mentioned, it takes a long while to get established, sublimation certainly isn't a get rich quck scheme. That said, if you find your 'niche' market you'll be turning over good money very soon :-)

Paul
03-04-2011, 07:15 PM
I would do what Justin sugest. But in my case I use all in one :) Only Barryslip know in my room all-in-one is the only way to go lol :D

annoat25
04-04-2011, 12:00 PM
No idea what to recommend but if you are hoping to make a living straight away but sublimation ect, it just won't happen, it's tough out here, I've been self employed for 16 yrs and still find it tough. the only thing that keeps us going is our regulars, and a bit of luck when a biggish order comes in. plus my husband work part time for real money. It takes time to build a reputations and what with your competition doing it for extra money and on the quite you'll find it tough. if you do t.shirts you have take in consideration sizes colors ect to make sure you are competitive you need to buy in bulk , keep all your receipts as these will keep the taxman happy and reduce your bill but on a happy note, I do like being self employed and will never work for anyone again, I find it best to pay myself a poor wage and be very happy

That last bit is the reassurance I've been after. Tired of having my life hanging on somebody else thread. Thanks

annoat25
04-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Maybe start off woth just one press, say the mug press. Get going with that and soon you should have enough to fund a heat press for your Tees. Personally I prefer seperate presses.

As mentioned, it takes a long while to get established, sublimation certainly isn't a get rich quck scheme. That said, if you find your 'niche' market you'll be turning over good money very soon :-)

Thanks, hoping to get that niche!!

annoat25
04-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi - a combi press would help you at the moment while funds are tight, but you will find it a bit of a fiddle switching over from one to another, so make sure you press your t's in a batch and your mugs in a batch.

I agree with Jennywren, its tough getting started, and the temptation is to price your self into getting orders, which is fine, but wont help you towards growing your business, so be confident in what you make, price yourselves in the ball park of others doing a good job, and take it from there

Thanks given me a confident boost