PDA

View Full Version : Best sublimation paper

John G
10-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi All,
I'm using xpres A4 paper and am very happy with the results but was wondering what papers other subli printers use. The xpres ones I use are £10.00 per 100 + delivery cost of £6.00 making them a tad expensive. I'd be interested in saving a bit of money but not comprimising on quality - so if anyones got prices and the companies they use that would be a great help.

Cheers John

AJLA
11-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Hi John,
i've tried several types including just normal Epson inkjet (a friend of mine sewars by this but I don't think it's vibrant enough) but always seem toack to the Sawgrass Tru Pix Classic.
Not sure about the price at the mo tho as i'm not in the office but I have sourced it from various places in the past. Including BMS ( sure I bought my last lot from there, maybe i'm dreaming!)

John G
11-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the reply, I had heard of people using standard paper with decent results. I'm fairly new to sub printing and used Xpres to start with for mugs/paper/ink etc.... but now everything set up and working I'm willing to experiment a little.

Cheers John

AJLA
11-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Give the normal paper a go John, you may find it fine, it's just my personal preference.
Mandy

Lorcan
12-12-2009, 10:09 PM
I used Texprint until they "improved" it with their HR version, which doesn't work for me at all.

Now I used Truepix.

JSR
13-12-2009, 12:01 AM
I used Texprint until they "improved" it with their HR version, which doesn't work for me at all.

Now I used Truepix.
I initially had issues with the HR version of TexPrint, but after I started using it I realised it was actually better - for what I was doing anyway. I use it mostly with mousemats. For larger-than-A4 stuff, I still have a roll of the old TexPrint that I cut down into A3+ sheets.

For hard items, I stick with TruPix.

I went through the phase of trying out different papers and ended up back with the known two. If I'm looking to save a few pennies, I'll get a pack of the BMS Economy paper in. It's okay stuff, but TruPix is better.