PDA

View Full Version : Prestashop....

Lee
04-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Just checked out this website as I just read it in another post.....can anyone that uses it pls offer some feedback on its use, and approx costs etc to get it up and running and to maintain it....!
Many thanks!
:cool:

Mattie
04-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Prestashop is free to download and use, you just need to host it with a hosting company. It's quite easy to maintain but plenty help online when you need it. does take a while to get site how you would like it i.e designing graphics, taking off modules you don't want etc.

I would recommend it but be prepared to spend some time setting it up i.e putting your products etc on.

We use it to run our website

Lee
04-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Ahh superb! I had a sneaky look at lunch, and thought it was fee-based!

I definately need something professional looking so hopefully I can generated some fee-free business locally!!!!

That's tonights mission then!

mrs maggot
04-04-2011, 04:21 PM
i use prestashop hosted though servage good hosting company and cheap as chips, we are about to use the newest version of prestashop which has just cleared from trial to fully supported, i have not had time to mess around too much with layouts etc, but if you have a look at some of the shops hosted using it you will be impressed.

there is a lot more about this in software section i think, as there was a long thread going about websites

Mattie
04-04-2011, 04:27 PM
servage good hosting company and cheap as chips

I would use these instead ---- http://www.supergreenhosting.co.uk/

AdamB
04-04-2011, 06:04 PM

What are they like Matthew?

I noticed that they have an 0845 help number but only a US Office ................. what's the customer support like?

Adam

Mattie
04-04-2011, 06:29 PM
What are they like Matthew?

I noticed that they have an 0845 help number but only a US Office ................. what's the customer support like?

Adam

Hi
Yeah their good company so far just in process of swapping everything over to them as my current hosting company is to slow.

AdamB
04-04-2011, 06:44 PM
wasn't the main problem that your site was hosted on an server over in the states though?

smitch6
04-04-2011, 06:49 PM
i'm not sure if they are breaking advertisement rules by offering unlimited space?
everything has to have a limit somewhere doesn't it?

AdamB
04-04-2011, 06:57 PM
i'm not sure if they are breaking advertisement rules by offering unlimited space?
everything has to have a limit somewhere doesn't it?

Always check the 'terms and conditions' Steve:

Please note only the Platinum Reseller Account offers unlimited disk space and bandwidth.

and ....

Unlimited domains refers to subdomains, parked domains and add-on domains. In all cases (even those described as “unlimited”), the Services are intended for normal use only..........

logodigitizing
04-04-2011, 07:00 PM

that seems like quite a good deal, may look into using these myself..

Mattie
04-04-2011, 09:28 PM
wasn't the main problem that your site was hosted on an server over in the states though?

My hosting is in denmark and don't think company are very good