PDA

View Full Version : Waterslide Decal - Printing and then Cutting with Craft Rob (Problems)

fr3spirit
04-04-2011, 10:27 PM
ok got some inkjet decal paper, prints fine, dries fine, when I come to cut with the craft robo....it snags the plasticy sheet and gives a very rough finish. Anyone had success cutting with the craft robo and at what settings?

I have tried various settings still get same effect :(

Should I spray with laquer and allow to dry before attempting cutting? (my thought is this will give the plasticy sheet more durability against a dragging blade?

Any tips appreciated.
Cheers,
Andy

AdamB
04-04-2011, 11:33 PM
One question Andy that 'may' solve your problem ................. who old is the blade in your craft robbo?

I'm not sure how long the cutting life is on these things but I was amazed last week when I changed my blade (after a couple of months) to find it cutting everything so cleanly.

I was avoiding cutting certain things as they were also 'snagging' but not now.

Not sure if it helps, but it did sound familiar.

Adam

smitch6
05-04-2011, 08:03 AM
paper is known to blunt scissors etc so it does make you wonder how long these blades last doesn't it?

they are about £10 a hit as well so not cheap
maybe someone who uses it regularly for a long time can enlighten use pls :)

fr3spirit
05-04-2011, 01:23 PM
New blade, thats done about 10 sheets of Vinyl and still cust Vinyl no problems, I'll try a completely fresh blade this evening

bms
07-04-2011, 08:34 PM
With some materials the snag occurs when too much pressure is used. A lighter touch gets through the surface more smoothly with a good sharp blade.