PDA

View Full Version : problems with heat press

giftsne
04-04-2011, 10:48 PM
bought it from henry at coralgraph....after very light use its developed a coolspot like a wigly line that runs through everything i press. Its cost me a fortune in stock and lost me at least 2 big orders for tees. Contacted henry who initially said he was sending out a replacement element. Then didnt receive it. Contacted him again and he referred me to some Chinese person. Now im told im not getting a replacement coz hes got none in stock and ive got to get silicon rubber sheets instead. Dont know where to get them from so im stuck with it.

Anyone know where i can get them from please....i need to test it before i ask for my money back off coralgraph and put it down to a bad experience.

Justin
04-04-2011, 11:12 PM
How long have you owned this press? I've just bought a large silicon sheet off eBay, great value. What do you need this for?

giftsne
04-04-2011, 11:35 PM
hi justin

ive only owned it for 8 weeks and had very little use. This is what im been told i need to get to fix the coolspot problem ive got. I dont see why i have to get anything as the press is still under warranty from coralgraph. Henry initially said he would send me a new element but didnt, turned out he didnt have it stocked. i suspect hes stopped stocking this heat press. He then referred to his china supplier who said i needed a 10mm silicon/rubber sheet to put on the bottom of the heat press to see if it gets rid of the problem. Its been over a week now with exchange of emails and frankly getting nowhere. Ive lost a lot of business and ruined a lot of stock. Any advice would be appreciated or indeed a link to this sheeting off ebay.

Justin
05-04-2011, 12:02 AM
If they can't rectify the fault then surely you have the right to a replacement or refund? If it's a coolspot I can't see how the silicon will help you and if it did this would be a means to an end, not a long term fix.

Coralgraph are members of the forum so please invite them to respond to this thread if they havn't already read it. I have to be honest and say that I have dealings with them before and continue to use them for some goods and always find their service first class so I'm surprised to hear they havn't offered to swap the press out for you.

giftsne
05-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Well i agree..henry initially was halpful and said he would send a replacement element. Then i didnt receive it. Then the next thing i know im being emailed from a china supplier saying that i have to try a new 10mm rubber/silicon mat on the bottom unheated surface of the press. Not impressed at all. I mean i know the china presses can be hit or miss but i really thought i would have gotten more use out of it before it malfunctioned. Im just going to request a full refund and ask for coralgraph to arrange a courier to return the press in its entirety. Got no choice really.

edit

ive invited henry from coralgraph to respond to this thread

Justin
05-04-2011, 12:14 AM
I can't blame you, if you've given them chance to rectify the problem, you need to be in a working state or you're not making money.

Coralgraph
05-04-2011, 02:44 AM
Hello Gary

Thanks for inviting to respond following our phone conversation if you don't have a spare press to replace this mat please take the existing mat and turn it upside down and press a T shirt ,as we can see from the images you sent to us the bottom rubber mat are uneven and it causing the problem ,if this not solve the problem, we will arrange a collection and replacement of the flat element as per we discussed
Could you please check this and get back to me by phone or email
regards
Henry

mrs maggot
05-04-2011, 08:28 AM
it would make sense for it to be the rubber mat, will be interesting to see if turning it makes a difference, mine is glued on, so would hate to have to peel that off and turn it though ?

giftsne
05-04-2011, 11:36 AM
well.....the bottom matt is glued on....when removed it is impossible to remove the glue and when turned this creates an even more uneven surface than before....as you guys know this is a new business and this is killing my business...starting to get upset now i must admit

i mean the press is 8 weeks old with very little use...and tbh the bottom matt looks as flat as a pancake....grrrrr

Andrew
05-04-2011, 08:17 PM
You should have it sent back and they sort out the problem if you have to mess around with the press. Have you tried coasters or placemats etc? If so then a dent in the silicon shouldn't affect these...... if that is supposedly the problem.

Paul
05-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Have you tried coasters or placemats etc? If so then a dent in the silicon shouldn't affect these...... if that is supposedly the problem.

good point!

giftsne
06-04-2011, 11:30 AM
ok....i done a wooden jigsaw and the fault was there.....ive probably trashed about 70 or 80 quids worth of stock now...

ive been advised by henry from coralgraph to get a silicon baking sheet or any other flat surface to test...he says if the problem is still there then he will replace the part. If its still there then the heating element will be replaced...if the coolspot goes after using the baking sheet then he is going to replace the bottom plater.

ill be testing this as soon as i can get a silicon baking sheet...for now ive had to remove the larger area sublimation products from my sale list and turn custom away.

This has been very damaging to my new business and frankly embarrassed me immensely.

Very disappointing but i suppose thats business on a budget !!!

NASH
06-04-2011, 11:52 AM
you should`nt turn business away. I`m sure if you`ve had farmed out the work on this forum, we would have helped you out

Kaz
06-04-2011, 11:57 AM
I agree with Nash, I could've helped out as not got a lot on just now

mrs maggot
06-04-2011, 01:01 PM
silicone baking sheets - asda, morrisons, even the pound store - although they are small.

you want a new machine - settle for nothing less, no replacement parts Henry should surely agree to this given the machines age, and if every one has been like this, then the machine is not fit for purpose ??

NASH
06-04-2011, 01:27 PM
i`m sure everyone reading this thread will be put off using Coralgraph

mrs maggot
06-04-2011, 01:33 PM
just a thought, did you purchase on your credit card, if you did contact them explain whats happened and let them handle it

smitch6
06-04-2011, 02:01 PM
it's unlike Henry he's usually really good at sorting problems
i had a box of mugs with 5 broken and he gave me credit for them with no problems

Justin
06-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Yes this does seem very out of character so lets not hang the company out to dry for this one situation. I'm sure Henry will come back and explain what's happening.

giftsne
04-05-2011, 02:59 PM
ok ...update...sorry its took me a while as im busy moving shop to another location in the main shopping street in the town i live in !!! OPENING THIS SATURDAY...WOOOT!!

i received the replacement parts from henry and it corrected the problem....im not sure if it was the 10mm silicon matt on the bottom or the heat plate on the top...he sent both and i changed both....i suspect it was the heating element on the top though as ide obtained some silicon baking sheets, doubled them up to a thickness of about 6 mm and the problem was still there.

Henry kindly sent me a range of sample of his new sublimation blanks...ie mugs...zippos..caps..keyrings.

well i just thought ide update the thread as its important to keep you guys informed !!

THX FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND HELP WITH THIS ONE...MUCH APPRECIATED :)

As soon as i replaced the heating element and the thick silicon base pad the problem was gone.

Coralgraph
04-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Hello Gary

Thank you for the update ,glad the problem has been sorted ,please contact us anytime in the future if your require any help or advice,wish you sucess with your new business

smitch6
04-05-2011, 03:28 PM
always nice to get some samples esp if they are cheaply priced to help with future orders :)

glad you got it all sorted

Paul
04-05-2011, 05:15 PM
I got some keyrings,slates, small coffe caps and plates from Henry too. All print beautifull exept plate as i messed it right up lol :) but no one will bit Henrys keyrings. cheap and brilliant.