PDA

View Full Version : Epson SX415 - profile needed ??

mrs maggot
06-04-2011, 09:26 AM
I am doing some mugs with blue / yellow and red on them, the yellow is lovely, the blue ok but the red is almost pink could it be i need a colour profile. or do i need to alter some settings on the printer itself ? its set to print best photo at the moment. i printed some other black and red mugs off the other week and they were fine

i have now changed the settings to photo (which it was) and photo paper(which it was not doh!!!), colours are deeper, but still not as per the logo,

i have saved the logo in corel draw, then exported as a jpeg, CMYK32 bit - is that right or would RGB setting be right ??

confused

mrs maggot
06-04-2011, 07:22 PM
22 views and not one reply, hmmmmm, must be something i won lol

AdamB
06-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Hi Laura, I have one for an Epson SX405 but the profile was done for a third party ink ................... not sure if it'll work but I can send it to you if you PM me your email address.

AdamB
06-04-2011, 07:27 PM
A tip though, before I messed about getting a profile done I printed off a mug template/A4 sheet with every colour of the rainbow on it.

I then had a good reference to look at when I needed a certain colour ............... yeah I knew it wouldn't like right on the screen but I knew once printed/pressed that it would be perfect.

Not sure if it helps?

mrs maggot
06-04-2011, 11:32 PM
thats a good idea adam i will do that

bms
07-04-2011, 08:27 PM
You'll need a profile for printing with sublimation ink to get the colours correct. The sx415 does have a Sawgrass profile as it's not a supported printer. You'll have to go down the route of customised profile for this printer.

swimwivsquid
07-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Out of desperation as my two D88 printers have both packed up on me I emptied the refillable cartridges on my Epson CX3200 (an earlier all in one printer, Laura) and filled them up with the rotech ink. Using the profile for the d88 and rotech I have found that the cx3200 is practically spot on. To get closer I just adjust the image before printing in photoshop by 5 units of cyan (in levels) and this brings it in to neutral.If you are using Artanium ink theres no reason not to try the d88 profile for that and see what you get then adjust if necessary. Hope this helps. Richard