PDA

View Full Version : CISS problems....H.....E....L....P

leethesign
14-04-2011, 08:29 AM
HiYa all,

If anyone can shed some light on this before I'm taken off kicking and screaming to the funny farm, I'd be most grateful.

I've got a CISS on my lil' ol' Epson for my sub inks, so I'm familiar with how they work, and I've had no problems with it at all.

Now, I've just bought an HP 7000 wide format and as the cartridges are about the size of a postage stamp I thought
I'd get a CISS, so I did, I fitted it as per the instructions and it printed a few pages - luvverly jubbly...
BUT.... the carts ran out of ink and the supply tubes were full of air. I removed the carts and tried to get ink into them, but as soon as I got the tubes filled and put the carts back in the printer, they became full of air again. I did this several times and always the same thing happened.
I hopped on to the Interweb for solutions, but couldn't find anything that I was doing wrong, so, after trying again and again and again....etc.etc. I contacted the people who I got the CISS from and they said I'd done everything correctly. By now I've virtually run out of ink - it's all slopping around in the printer, on the floor, all over my hands, in the bathroom sink, on the dog, all over my chair... well, you get the picture.
Next step.....take everything out, have a clean up and buy more bulk ink to fill the CISS. Just done that and, after adding to the multicoloured mess on the desk (mind, it matches my hands now), I filled the tanks and, of course, whlst doing so, the ink, having soaked into the spongy bits in the carts, proceeds to run out of the carts and all over the place . Never mind, clean desk and carts and put them back in the printer and switch on. BUT..... by the time I've put them in, the ink has run back down the tubes and they're full of air again.
So, (are you getting bored yet), remove the tubes from the top of the carts, let ink flow down the tubes into the carts and try again. Switch printer on again and now the bloody thing tells me that the printhead is incompatible.
This is my fourth day poncing about with this and to tell the truth I'd rather be doing something else - shaving the cat or tarmacing the roof or even taking the wife out - but I can't print anything, I've got orders to do and I'm about as happy a one-legged man in a bum-kicking contest.

Any ideas short of suicide anyone???????????????????????? I wouldn't half be grateful

Kaz
14-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Is your CIS sitting lower or higher than your printer?

leethesign
14-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Same level Kaz