PDA

View Full Version : Box of 36, how many ruined?

Warrior
15-04-2011, 01:18 AM
I've been running with an old press for a few years now and have come to understand it's little quirks but starting from afresh do you expect to factor in a percentage of poor quality rejects?

jennywren
15-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Not one, only the ones that I have done upside down. or have not check to ink marks on the paper before printing. Small things that you would check before you press and if your swopping to a new machine you should have no rejects.

mrs maggot
15-04-2011, 07:50 AM
mmmm, i lost a few with the new mug press, just getting used to it, pressure etc and the timing had a big order to do, and ended up using the old one, as i felt more comfortable with it, but with a bit of time now i have the hang of the new one

jennywren
15-04-2011, 08:17 AM
I'm ok with new mug press its the heat press I had trouble with, took me ages to get the pressure right and timings mind you it was three times the size from the old one.

John G
15-04-2011, 09:56 AM
A few teething problems with pressure but after I set it up correctly I never damage any mugs unless, as Jennywren said, I print them upside down. :eek:

AJLA
15-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Pretty much the same for me too, I have a press and oven, I have recently noticed a few of the handles scorching when using the oven though which is annoying. Mostly my rejects are my own fault.

logobear
15-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Laser mugs about 1 in 8 rejected, sub mugs none at all unless printed wonky or inverted.

smitch6
16-04-2011, 12:19 AM
i loose the odd 1 here or there mainly due to not printing right
i did a batch of 6 for someone yesterday and 1 was of a ginger haired boy
and the red hair just didn't take as it was right at the top of the mug lol

i had to make the image 2mm smaller so it worked ok
at least i only lost 1 there lol

my last box i had 8 broken in total but i did get a credit for 5 i should of checked the whole box before emailing them

i'll be trying a dif supplier for mugs soon prob bms as the reviews seem to be good :) so hopefully it'll be worth the extra cost

AJLA
18-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Never had a broken mug since switching to BMS

NASH
18-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Same here, very well packaged

gstk
18-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Yup - very rarely any breakages at BMS. As for poor quality prints. only if we drop a clanger (Human error) On this note the blankets are quoted as guaranteed for 500 mugs but we have done goodness knows how many and still going strong.