PDA

View Full Version : Something is not right with this mug print

mrs maggot
19-04-2011, 06:51 PM
this is not right, im not sure if its the printer or the paper ?

epson printer
coralgraph inks
CMYK colour profile

printer - best photo
paper - plain setting (is that the problem? if so what should it be)
coralgraph paper - as always used

martins mug press
martins mug
180 and 180

and it looks as streaky as a b&b slice of bacon - colour where there is right, but its so patchy

Justin
19-04-2011, 07:25 PM
I've had this before but with me it was the mug press element that was at fault. Which printer are you using? Are you using the proper profile for this? The setup for the software can be found on Sawgrass website.

Paul
19-04-2011, 07:37 PM
I had it before to... when not heated enough. so as Justin mentioned it may be heat blanket faulty on not enough preasure. also what printer is this??

regards to paper I use plain apaper only for texprint. other papers i use epson matte so more ink is on the paper. worth to try...

mrs maggot
19-04-2011, 08:11 PM
its the epson sx515 printer, which is the updated version that you have i think justin, its from coralgraph, so i guess a sawgrass profile would not work ?

using the paper from coralgraph, which is fine for me as i dont do photos,

mmm, its odd about the heat, i will check that again
thanks guys

bms
19-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Do you want to try the thicker blanket in the mug press - you won't get all the way round the mug but it will rule in/ out the blanket.

Andrew
19-04-2011, 08:59 PM
I'd turn up the heat to 190 for starters. I reckon that would cure the problem of not enough heat dispersing from the element.

Justin
19-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Is this your 'new' press Laura? You need to have a profile for that printer as well, Sawgrass won't work. Is this printer a P50 with scanner etc?

mrs maggot
20-04-2011, 08:37 AM
yes it has a scanner on it, its the newer model that coralgraph now do, the colours are ok its just the streaking on it, and the odd way the colour is not consistant.

rich b
20-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Does the streaking show up on the transfer paper or just the mugs? I've seen streaks like that randomly show up in a stack of transfers I just printed and I just throw that sheet out, never tried to sublimate it, but have never seen a mug turn out with streaks that didn't exist on paper. I'm curious what the solution is as well!

Paul
20-04-2011, 05:05 PM
if you need profile just let me know Laura!

mrs maggot
20-04-2011, 07:41 PM
I do paul, im just trying to work out the logistics of getting the printer to you

Paul
20-04-2011, 07:50 PM
I am sure we can sort something out. :)