PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using a Xpres 1000 (Adkins?) mug press?

kalif
20-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Starting out on the sublimation mug-pressing adventure. I've a got a second-hand mug press with no instructions - a Xpres 1000 - it weighs a ton so feels like it's a good bit of kit. :biggrin: Looked on the internet for instructions but drew a blank. Anyways, is there anyone else out there using the same bit of kit? Any tips or advice for someone starting out - such as whether to use a dummy mug or not, settings, or anything like that?

purpledragon
20-04-2011, 10:25 PM
200 degrees between 3 and 5 mins that bits a trial and error bit and always put a dummy mug in when heating the press up or when its left idle
brett

kalif
21-04-2011, 12:42 AM
200 degrees between 3 and 5 mins that bits a trial and error bit and always put a dummy mug in when heating the press up or when its left idle
brett

Thanks for that Brett. Heard and read so many differing ideas about temp and time - this will give me a good base on which to tweak and experiment. Hope to get some first-run mugs done soon. :)

Quizzer
21-04-2011, 08:43 AM
I have a Xpres mug press, not sure if it's the same as the one you have. I use 180 degrees for a 180 secounds and have good results.

The one I have is here (http://www.xpres.co.uk/heat_presses/mug_press)