PDA

View Full Version : ORCA Coated Mugs - DSF Offer

bms
21-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Orca coated mugs - we have the possibility to source these and are considering getting some in. I know TMT sell them at £36 +vat on a case of 36 plus delivery. So here's an offer for you to think about over Easter - think of it as a Co-Op buy. There are a maximum of 2016 mugs available (56 cases)...

Offer only available to DSF members
If all 56 cases sell the best price is £38 inc vat, inc delivery each - offer only available to DSF members
If up to 28 cases sell the best price is £40 inc vat, inc delivery each

bms
21-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Will keep this part of post updated:

As of April 22nd: 4 CASES RESERVED

mastercueman
22-04-2011, 12:26 AM
Hi Martin, i emailed you on here requesting two cases so really just checking you received the email? Thanks.

AdamB
22-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Hi Martin,

not sure if I have missed something here?

But what's so special with these mugs? Doing a quick google search found nothing in particular apart from info on a 10oz mug ???

I'm sure I have missed something and if this is the case I need to know as I hate to miss out on things :-(

Adam

John G
22-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Its a special offer

AdamB
22-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Its a special offer

Thanks John, I found the related post regarding the 'Orca coating' - I knew I had missed something!

Lee
22-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Sorry to be sooo green - but whats special about ORCA compared to say other mugs BMS sell?
:-/

John G
22-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Nothing - its a special offer that may work out cheaper than the other mugs BMS sell - depending on sales of cases. The prices quoted above includes delivery & vat

AdamB
22-04-2011, 11:32 AM
This, and Orca are 10oz and the European Mugs are 11oz (or just short of 11oz).

smitch6
22-04-2011, 02:03 PM
when are these coming in Martin?
as i posted in the other post i'm now at the stage where i need a couple of boxes but ob if these aren't arriving for a month or 2 that will be too long to wait :)

bms
22-04-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm away at present, but would have these for either end of next week or the Tuesday after the May bank holiday if there is enough demand for the special offer. All enquiries for the Orca coated mugs up to close of business on Wednesday 27th April will qualify for the special price - after that they will be online but at a higher price for all customers.

bms
27-04-2011, 09:21 PM
As there are only 4 cases of these Orca coated mugs that have been reserved/ interest has been expressed then we won't be rushing to bring these in. We have had a sample case provided to us and there are some issues I need resolving before we stock them for small volume orders. We will be able to provide pallet quantities of 2016 for delivery, but as the mugs aren't packed as well as ours then damages are likely to occur in transportation. So, sorry to the couple of DSF members that expressed some interest in the special offer, but there's not enough interest shown at present.

smitch6
27-04-2011, 10:19 PM
ok thanks for letting us know martin
back to the drawing board for me then

Kaz
27-04-2011, 10:24 PM
smitch

You can get them from the link I posted previously from TMT

smitch6
27-04-2011, 10:26 PM
thanks Kaz and listawood do them also
they aren't that far from me actually being in norfolk so i might see if i can collect
maybe save on carriage

smitch6
27-04-2011, 10:27 PM
just got to decide or duraglaze or orca lol all these decisions ..........

JSR
27-04-2011, 11:40 PM
The lack of response may be because Orca mugs are already available from elsewhere without having to "reserve an interest" in them. They clearly are selling, otherwise Listawood wouldn't have bothered to stock them - but I'll bet they're not selling many now that they've made their dubious claims about them (I bet they'd be the first to complain if one of their competitors claimed that "Duraglaze is for hand-wash only").

Personally, I'd prefer better-quality RN mugs if anyone wants to sell them. I use Orca mugs through necessity, not through choice. As I have to use Orca mugs, I don't mind who I buy them from - so long as they're stamped.

For anyone interested in Orca mugs, they're also sold by Revolution Transfers (who, unlike Listawood and TMT, will take payment by PayPal). That's who I currently buy mine from.

bms
28-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Yes several other companies have them for sale, but I doubt at the same price I was offering DSF Members. TMT price would be around £98 for 72 mugs, whereas the offer here was £80 or less for the same depending on how many people confirmed by yesterday. Having seen them now they look almost identical to our European mug in size but they are extra White (a bit like when you see teeth that have been whitened). This is because they have whitening added to the mix when they are made to make them extra White. Personal choice really if you like this extra whitening.

We probably will get some in later but won't rush for early next week and see how our tests go for now and get customer feedback.

smitch6
28-04-2011, 09:02 AM
the cheapest i found and ordered this morning was £45 for a box :~

JSR
28-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Yes several other companies have them for sale, but I doubt at the same price I was offering DSF Members. TMT price would be around £98 for 72 mugs, whereas the offer here was £80 or less for the same depending on how many people confirmed by yesterday.
Yes, but not every business decision is based on saving a couple of pennies per blank mug. I would happily pay 20p-50p *more* per RN-coated mug if I could be sure that I could sell every one of them instead of chucking away so many. I'd be happy to pay £1 more per WOW/colour-change mug if I could be sure they wouldn't be so trashy around the bottom rim. It doesn't matter how cheap they are because, if I'm throwing most of them away, they end up costing so much more anyway.

For me quality comes first, convenience comes second, and cost comes third.

And if I was to use cost as the decision-making factor then buying four boxes of Orca mugs from Revolution Transfers costs me a little over £42 per box. That's £2 more than your cost, but I'd get them next day. I'd rather pay that extra couple of quid and get the mugs when I want them than I would save 6p per mug and get them "some time in the future".

Having seen them now they look almost identical to our European mug in size but they are extra White (a bit like when you see teeth that have been whitened). This is because they have whitening added to the mix when they are made to make them extra White. Personal choice really if you like this extra whitening.
It's not personal choice when the alternative mug (RN-coated) isn't an option due to issues mentioned before. When you have to buy Orca mugs you have to put up with the differences. Whether they're whiter or not isn't the point. That I'm not throwing them away after printing is.

We probably will get some in later but won't rush for early next week and see how our tests go for now and get customer feedback.
If you get some in and if they are stamped, I'll buy some from you when I need to restock - but I'd rather be buying good quality RN ones instead.