PDA

View Full Version : Workforce1100

swimwivsquid
01-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Well as my two d88 printers decided to pack up at the same time I have had to buy a new printer so decided on importing a Workforce 1100 to Grenada. Incredibly Amazon sells this for US$129.99 which is about 80 quid. The cheapest Amazon price in UK for the B1100 (same printer different number) is £167.87. Even after paying duty and shipping I came out about £30 better off. I really don't know why there is so much disparity between prices. Its not even £ for $.
Anyway it arrived intact and I have also received from a firm called Cobra a set of refillable cartridges with what they refer to as "High temperature ink". Next week I am going to set aside a few days and run some tests against the rotech ink that I have in another smaller printer and the Cobra ink in the Workforce. The ink is US$25.50 for 100ml and they ship worldwide. http://www.cobraink.com/ink%20RZ-280.htm
I'll let you know how I get on as they also provide profiles for their inks.........

JSR
07-05-2011, 02:36 PM
That sounds very interesting. I look forward to you findings.

Paul
07-05-2011, 03:53 PM
same here. looking forward to your thoughts. dont forget tho. one day if you need ciss for ts printer one for B1100 wont work. diferent chips. thats what thy tald me in epson any way ;)

swimwivsquid
07-05-2011, 04:04 PM
same here. looking forward to your thoughts. dont forget tho. one day if you need ciss for ts printer one for B1100 wont work. diferent chips. thats what thy tald me in epson any way ;)
Yes I realise that Paul. Cobra supply ciss but to be quite honest I think I might stay with refillable carts. In fact if you have a look at their website they supply a fully ciss & waste tank converted printer which looks very neat. Have been busy this week with other things but will run tests shortly.