PDA

View Full Version : Subli t shirts and apparel

chongsta
14-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Firstly,,, i aint got nothing to sell...yet :) lol

Ok maybe this isnt the right section but i guess it does apply here more than anywhere else.

A new client that Im in with has a clothing factory out in Pakistan. Now from what I can see around the www there aint an awful lot of quality/good looking/stylish clothing for the sub-dye market. I can see that only white or ash/grey work with sub-dye but that doesnt mean the clothing has to be boring. with cotton shirts theres a whole host of various styles of Tees, hoodies etc like ringer necks, coloured sleeves and so on.

Ive asked him if hes interested in taking a punt with me and producing a 1 off order of say 1000 tee's in various styles - with a poly/cotton blend (i forgot to say that he also weaves the fabric as well so I can choose the percentage). He can also do lycra blends for sports clothing, in fact he's a sportswear manufacturer but i'll keep quiet who he is lol ;). I will ask though, whats the best blend? is it 80/20, 63/37...what? I dont know coz ive not done a sub-dye shirt yet. You guys do these, so whats the best blend? If im taking a gamble on 1000 shirts i dont want the wrong blend.

They'll be specifically for the Sub market - basically you lot!

Is anyone interested in this idea? e.g. ringer t-shirts, sub-hoodies, sportswear etc. Im not seeing a lot of it around and what is about isnt exactly setting the catwalks ablaze lol.

Ok so christmas is over as far as orders are concerned, this is a new year thing now, but he can turnover pretty quickly.

In all fairness and honesty, If i did get the first order in of say 1000, i'd be looking to offload them pretty sharpish, so theyll be cheap cheap cheap. The reason is because i'd want instant feedback on them and if all is well then I'll get busy on the next order...and so it goes on.

Please feel free to add to this strange topic. Im not selling or trading (yet), just looking to see if its worth it and if you guys think that the market needs some more stylish blanks to sell.

Cheers
Dave.

accdave
14-12-2009, 10:04 PM
In terms of t-shirts I'd say there is a fair choice until somebody comes up with a way of subli on dark t's. Vapor have quite a good range,ringers and sportswear type shirts. A good sweatshirt and hoodie for subli is all I'm missing ( apart from darks :D )

Paul
14-12-2009, 10:27 PM
best blend is 100%. and what do you mean by "cheap" ?? :)

chongsta
14-12-2009, 11:08 PM
By cheap I mean I just want to offload them at a more than decent price to get the next order in. I didnt mean 'cheap' quality.

Yeah i saw vapor, good stuff there. its an open market though, I know i can add to it with many other designs.

another point i forgot to add was that (if the order was big enough) you could also get the apparel branded to your liking on the neck label. Thats got to be a good selling point for your business as well - your "own" t-shirts.

you say 100% is the best blend yes? is that the most comfortable though? wouldnt these cotton inside and poly outside ones be better?

Cheers
Dave.
p.s. im seeing my guy tomorrow and Ill ask him about the hoodies.

Paul
14-12-2009, 11:13 PM
[quote="chongsta"]wouldnt these cotton inside and poly outside ones be better?
quote]
yes. thats what I mean ;) but you can not realy sublimate on 50/50 or 75/25 as picture quality is not good enough.

I like the way you thinking mate ;)

Paul
16-12-2009, 06:44 PM
any news on that one?

chongsta
16-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Hia,

Yes ive had a good chat today. We're both very busy with xmas orders at the moment and this venture is only in embryo stage.

But!

he already has a 100% Polyester Hoody in development, its has all bells and whistles in the design i.e. it has inlays, mesh vents etc etc. The samples are on the way hopefully within the next 2 weeks. Ive bagged one sample to test it, but it 100% poly so it'll be fine.

I can already get 100% poly sweatshirts now. his current ones have tubing and a design to them but he told me that making it plain is no problem at all.

For the t-shirts, well he said my imagination is the only thing holding me back. He can do ringers, baseball style (different coloured short sleeves) and well whatever i want. ive not got to the prices part yet, but seeing as there is a little choice already out there, then i might concentrate on the hoodies and sweats for now.

The main thing is that its all in the pipeline now. Its a case of waiting to see the sample hoodies and to get a decent price. I didnt discuss re-branding at the moment, im more interested in getting some decent styles for sub-dye print right now.

Everyone, please feel free to add any comments or wishes of styles that you'd like to get hold of.

cheers
Dave

chongsta
16-12-2009, 08:35 PM
...i forgot to add as well that he can do ladies tees as well. also V-necks etc etc..

ta.

Paul
16-12-2009, 08:43 PM
I think there is no need to say who wants what as it may end up as long as xmass wish list :)
you said you bagged him for a sample... hmmm... it would be nice if he get about 15 - 20 of them and give them to some of us for testing. if every one will get hold of couple of them then we can tell what we think and then we can go for biger order.

chongsta
16-12-2009, 08:56 PM
the sample has been developed as a sportswear hoody, so it has a lot of design in it, not really suitable for printing as theres tubing and vents on the front of it. Im only getting this sample to see and feel the quality of it.

Next week we've put aside a whole day to sit down and discuss subli clothing. Hes more than up for it and so am i!

Stay tuned for more as it happens.

dave

Paul
06-01-2010, 09:02 PM
halo mate!
Any news in this subject??? let us know if you got more info ;)

chongsta
09-01-2010, 03:02 AM
Hi Paul,

Nice timing! I spoke to him today and his latest consignment is late from Pakistan. He had other samples through including some nice 50/50 sweatshirts but not the hoody.

Hes just as eager to get it as i am. Hes now fully on board andmost interested in poly clothing.

I had some swatches from him that he wants me to print on to check results.

dont worry my friend, im on this!!!

Dave.