PDA

View Full Version : crinkled paper

hakuna
05-05-2011, 12:30 AM
hi ive been using express sub paper for the last year now and have had no problems with it
until now, i was doing some money banks and the first 3 i did were perfect but when i did the the 4th one and when i took the paper off the bank there were crinkles in the paper and the crinkle marks were on the image on the bank, i thought it was the heat element so i changed the element with the one that i had just bought from the 8 in 1 heat press from corelgraph but the same problem still occurred, my heat settings are 185c and 190sec which i got from paul when i first started sublimation and these settings have been perfect
since last october when i first started, does anyone know what my problem could be.

thanks
malcolm

mrs maggot
05-05-2011, 06:17 AM
maybe the thermostat is faulty, so the heating element would still get too hot ?? a digital thermometer might help you check the temperature, the sort you use for ovens

hakuna
05-05-2011, 10:48 AM
maybe the thermostat is faulty, so the heating element would still get too hot ?? a digital thermometer might help you check the temperature, the sort you use for ovens
Hi mrs maggot thanks for getting back to me i have a new heat press 8 in 1 combo from corelgraph, so i tried a bank with the mug press attached to the combo unit and i get the same results the paper gets crinkled paper im just wondering if it is a paper problem im grasping at straws now i have 20 banks and 20 mugs to do for a daycare nursery dont want any more bad banks or mugs.

thanks
malcolm

mgibbs
05-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Try some paper from a different pack.

Press a blank sheet on a bank you've already wasted to save further wastage while testing.

Mark

hakuna
05-05-2011, 10:57 AM
thanks will get some more paper and try that.

malcolm

draig
05-05-2011, 11:36 AM
How are you storing your current paper? I know the humidity has been bad over the past couple of weeks (Chris works in a Plant Food Manufacturer and they've been having all sorts of problems).

If you have some Epson Inkjet Photo Quality paper there, try using that, it will work. It has for me for the past 12 years of mug printing :)

draig

hakuna
05-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi thanks for your input on this for me, on the epson paper is it sub paper or just ordinary photo paper you use for your mugs it maybe a silly question on my part.

thanks
malcolm

Paul
05-05-2011, 12:57 PM
i have this same attachmant as you and when i pressing my money banks i need to icress preasure quite a lot. When paper is apply tight and sticked with tape it wont creast.

hakuna
05-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi Paul
last year when i first started mug printing you gave me the specs for my mug pres as 185c and 190sec and those settings have been great no problem at all until last night i had to do 4 banks, ive actually done about 60 banks and about 400 mugs since i started and not a problem except for my own mistakes, when i did my banks last the first 3 were great and the 4th one was as well apart from the crease mark up the middle so i did it again and still the same crease mark and i have it at a very good pressure any more and the bank would shatter, im using xpress paper from bms printed out 4 images and tried them on the sample and all 4 sheets came out with crease marks. i talked to martin at bms erlier and suggested that i cut my settings down to 170c and 140 secs, not tried this yet as i have to go out for a while what would your input on this be paul, and also i want to try my heat press tonight but afraid i will get a few placemat and coaster duds you have any specs on what settings for these to heat at, i have baking sheets i bought from tescos to use do i also need teflon sheets as well, sorry for the long speech.
thanks again
malcolm

hakuna
05-05-2011, 01:23 PM
i keep my paper in the box that it came in from bms it is xpress paper im using and i just found that i have a full packet of lovecut paper as well.

draig
05-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Hi thanks for your input on this for me, on the epson paper is it sub paper or just ordinary photo paper you use for your mugs it maybe a silly question on my part.

thanks
malcolm

I have always used the Epson Photo Quality Paper for doing mugs and other hard goods. It was was I was told to use when I started 12 years ago (oh the joys of using 2 cartridge system, 1 black 1 3 colour cartridge in an old Epson 850 and using up most of the cartridges trying to get a good nozzle check, then it was £90 for the black and £120 for the single 3 colour, all plus VAT of course).

draig

bms
05-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Hi Paul
last year when i first started mug printing you gave me the specs for my mug pres as 185c and 190sec and those settings have been great no problem at all until last night i had to do 4 banks, ive actually done about 60 banks and about 400 mugs since i started and not a problem except for my own mistakes, when i did my banks last the first 3 were great and the 4th one was as well apart from the crease mark up the middle so i did it again and still the same crease mark and i have it at a very good pressure any more and the bank would shatter, im using xpress paper from bms printed out 4 images and tried them on the sample and all 4 sheets came out with crease marks. i talked to martin at bms erlier and suggested that i cut my settings down to 170c and 140 secs, not tried this yet as i have to go out for a while what would your input on this be paul, and also i want to try my heat press tonight but afraid i will get a few placemat and coaster duds you have any specs on what settings for these to heat at, i have baking sheets i bought from tescos to use do i also need teflon sheets as well, sorry for the long speech.
thanks again
malcolm

Don't think it was me you spoke to, but I think you dud call the office today. All our recommended times/ temp are online and there is now a link from the main page to a full page of recommended settings for all products. The link is within the main text on the front page at www.PrinterOwners.co.uk