PDA

View Full Version : ebay .....

jennywren
06-05-2011, 09:27 AM
I order some towels of ebay, this was my first venture in to ordering of ebay. he was selling 15 towels for 75 pounds, and if you want more you could email for different rates, i asked for a carton of 40 of which the quote came back at 6 pounds each, I sent another email asking why it was a pound more for 40 ,two days later I got a replie, just to order the 15, which I did, 10 days later I'm still waiting, what can I do, I have a tracking number and its still coming. It says on hermes site ( the company thats deliering it ), if you have not got your pacel contact seller. He only has a email address and is sloooooooow in his replies. What can I do. I am only waitig to put one towel to complete a order and then I get paid.

Kaz
06-05-2011, 09:43 AM
It may have been 10 days, but we've had bank holiday weekends all over the shot.

You can request the sellers phone number via this link

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/ebayadvsearch/__W0QQ_advZ1QQ_sofindtypeZ9?_rdc=1

You'll get an email with his phone number, and he'll get one with yours.

You've got 45 days from payment date to open a dispute, frustrating because you're waiting on one to complete, but you'll just need to be patient.

Have you tried calling Hermes to see what's going on?

jennywren
06-05-2011, 10:02 AM
They have no phone number their web site contant the seller, I order goods for another wholesaler (not ebay ) before the bank hoilday at the same time, they took three days. I have sent the ebay seller my phone number on my first contact. If its not here today then I shall complain, bank hoildays or not 10 days is too long. I should have guessed from the 1 pound more added if you buy more, that they are ...... this not the way to do bussiness, what do you mean 45 days to start a dispute, how do I that, which I will.

Kaz
06-05-2011, 10:12 AM
You only have 45 days from the date you made your payment to open a dispute with either ebay or paypal, if it goes over 45 days, you can't claim.

You can either open one in paypal by clicking on the resolution centre tab at the top of the paypal page and folloowing the prompts, or, by clicking on the drop down box next to the won item in your my ebay page and click on resolve a problem, and follow the prompts.

If you go down the paypal route, you need to escalate to a claim within 20 days of opening the dispute or it auto closes and you won't get your money back.

Don't mean to sound rude, but ebay sellers are a law unto themselves at times, and not all of them follow the same ethos as other wholesalers out there, and becaue you've received one lot of items is neither here nor there.

It doesn't matter that the seller doesnt' have his phone number displayed, you will get it from the link I provided as ebay give you the number they have on file for the seller

Stitch Up
06-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Make sure ALL communications with the seller are conducted through eBay or they will not be accepted when considering a resolution.

I know how frustrating these problems can be. This is one instance where it's NOT really eBay's fault.

jennywren
06-05-2011, 10:40 AM
I have no wish to make a claim, just complain abut the poor service,

Kaz
06-05-2011, 10:48 AM
If you don't get your towels, you''ll need to make a claim to get your money back, then, once you have, you can leave appropriate feedback and detailed seller ratings, and you can also log a non performing seller dispute, which will all go against the seller, even the open dispute will

jennywren
06-05-2011, 12:23 PM
I have absorbed the extr cost, I've no wish to claim the money, but might put a comment on the feedback, thats if I figure how to do it, what happen to the days when you could wirte a letter or email to show your displeasure privately. I would only do it publicly if the service or item for sale, was there just a rip of, or to warn others against fraud.

Kaz
06-05-2011, 12:42 PM
I wish I could afford to write off £75+. :(

If you don't open a dispute against the seller, s/he will continue to do this.

You can still communicate with the seller privately if you so wish.

Feedback is the least of your worries at the moment

John G
06-05-2011, 01:46 PM
If you have a tracking number from a courier service then surely that confirms the guy has sent the items - i'd be giving the courier a ring before losing it with the ebay seller. What kind of delivery times did the seller quote - if its second class or 3 - 5 day courier then minus the bank holidays and its still could arrive within the time frame promised.

jennywren
06-05-2011, 02:56 PM
I haven't written of 75 pounds I said I incured cost whilst I was waiting, I'm still waiting, the point I was try to make was how long it took and how diffcult it was to sort things out, Hermes said its not their fault, the seller said Hermes has it, but no one to talk to as they sending me back and forth to each other, still the days not over so hte towels might just come,

jennywren
06-05-2011, 03:26 PM
woopee, the towels have arrived and the heremes chap said if used them it sat for a couple of days in the collection point, the drivers are self employed so they must wait till it worth the petrol to deliver it, ie wait for more than one item to that area. I'm still going to complain to the seller about the lengh of time, it was'nt this bank hoil it was the last one

John G
06-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Glad you received the items - still don't understand why you want to complain to the seller, they have't done anything wrong, it's the couriers that have caused this problem.

jennywren
06-05-2011, 09:10 PM
I understand where you are coming from I have complained to Hermes driver, he said nougat to with me, I get when they give it to me, Hermes say see the seller and the seller say see Hermes, it the chicken or egg syndrome, Still I blame the frog, because he wasn't there. lol It won't happen again I shall find some to screen print on the towels for me, If I'm not happy about the way things have gone then I go else where. I think it was not have a focal point to go to sort things out, and it that was me with a customer still waiting for a order, the email would have had a reply straight away, The ebay sell did not respond on the same day, every business checks there email at least 3 times a day if not more. maybe if had replied I would have not been left in the dark and could have kept my customers happy and not have to pay the late charges to them, saying I don't know, only sound pathetic but also unprofessional.

John G
06-05-2011, 09:32 PM
I cannot understand in this day and age why a courier service refuses to put a phone number on their own website. :mad:

If I ever use a company I've found on the internet I always look for a phone number - if they can't be bothered to advertise it, I won't be bothered about ordering from them. :rolleyes:

smitch6
07-05-2011, 07:52 AM
we get our towels from a local shop and they are egyptian cotton and really good quality not cheap but worth the money
i did the whole family embroidered towels for Christmas was a brill idea everyone loved them :)

i always have a look locally for products if i can and if that doesn't work i then look on ebay and check feedback etc
i've had stuff ordered that takes 2 weeks to arrive not good when you have a customer waiting or something is broken and you need to replace it

jennywren
07-05-2011, 10:31 AM
This was the first time I used ebay, no idea what feedback is or how to look for it. Just out of curiosity can you sublimate on towels, and if so what sort, I had these screen printed, good screen printing but won't use them again, time for me to search again for someone. Looking to possible embroidery what sort of towels do you recommend smich6. Also what sort of thickness do you recommend

Stitch Up
07-05-2011, 11:41 AM
So the seller in this instance is innocent? Shame he chose to use a crap courier service.

Kaz
07-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Jenny, to find the feedback, you click on the number next to the user ID, it will have a coloured star with it aswell, that way you can see how many negs/neus they have along with positives.

And I agree with the others, it's not the sellers fault, it's thee couriers fault and IMO, the seller shouldn't be penalised for that

smitch6
07-05-2011, 12:26 PM
most towels are ok to be embroidered onto
but make sure you get some soak away top covering for it
otherwise the pile of the towel will pull BIG time

i have done cheap towels/flannels they were ok but were very thin
i've also done good quality thick towels which came out brill, but i did break my hoop and had to buh a new screw lol

jennywren
07-05-2011, 12:35 PM
I have only complained about the length of time and way it was dealt with not the goods, business is the overall care that you give, I do great mugs but thats not much good to the customer if its late, and they have no way to contact me or the couriers, or take two days to reply with a email and then ignore the other the one. I wanted a carton of 40-50 towel, if i buy 15 it was £5 if I brought 40-50 they was 6 pounds and when I ask why I paid more for ordering more, got a snotty email telling me to just order 15.

Kaz
07-05-2011, 12:37 PM
If it had been me, I'd have gone elsewhere, you can see the seller was "trouble" before you even ordered from them

jennywren
07-05-2011, 01:03 PM
If it had been me, I'd have gone elsewhere, you can see the seller was "trouble" before you even ordered from them

Your right But I only need one towel and as I had none I thought I would order for the future, I did get a warning bell when I got the email, which I ignored as I was desperate for one towel so I could get paid. Still haven't been paid as it came on a Friday, so nothing can be done till Monday when I can chase the money. Bills to pay.