PDA

View Full Version : bms plaques

jennywren
06-05-2011, 09:17 PM
has any one got a template for bms plaques, in photo shop, at the moment i use a square with the outline of a shield and I use that, but I cant seem to center it when I press, Can anybody help. Thanking you you in advance

bms
06-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Put the image face down on the plaque and you'll be able to just about see it though the paper to align it correctly.

dj_doubler
06-05-2011, 09:30 PM
has any one got a template for bms plaques, in photo shop, at the moment i use a square with the outline of a shield and I use that, but I cant seem to center it when I press, Can anybody help. Thanking you you in advance

Speak to AdamB he pressed a couple of slates not too long ago

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?2001-sublimation-slates

Anthony

jennywren
06-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Put the image face down on the plaque and you'll be able to just about see it though the paper to align it correctly.
I've tried that but I can't see through it, the crest has to be dead centered with a scroll

jennywren
06-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Speak to AdamB he pressed a couple of slates not too long ago

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?2001-sublimation-slates

Anthony

He did the slates

dj_doubler
06-05-2011, 10:02 PM
He did the slates

oops my mistake....

jennywren
06-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the suggestions it was nice of you to suggest that

bms
07-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Try having a light shining either from behind or infront and you'll be able to line this up properly by sight.

AdamB
07-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Guys - the easy way (providing you have a scanner) to create a template is to simply put it face down on a bit of paper and draw around it. Once drawn around scan at normal dpi (not to lose any size in proportion to the original image) - you then have an template for the item that you can use to make sure that any background overlaps to ensure that you get a full cover print.

If I'm teaching anyone to 'suck eggs' sorry ?

jennywren
07-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Many thanks Adamb that's quite a good but simple idea , it would solve my problem, whats the normal dpi. I'll suck eggs any-day

AdamB
07-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Many thanks Adamb that's quite a good but simple idea , it would solve my problem, whats the normal dpi. I'll suck eggs any-day

I scan at 300dpi and then create a A4 document in 300dpi - then drag the scan onto the document and it should stay in proportion.

Then print out the document and check the size by placing the item back on it just to make sure - if it fits you now have a template.

jennywren
07-05-2011, 11:28 AM
cheer for that have a bash, but I have the habit of making things more complicated than what it is, will let you know how i get on or not