PDA

View Full Version : Facebook shop

Mattie
08-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Hi

I'm currently creating a facebook shop for my page www.facebook.com/alligiftor using www.vendorshopsocial.com

it's a simple and good looking, has some good features like normal price for people who don't like your page and special price for people who like your page plus discount coupons for people who like your page to use.
Customers simple go to your page and click the shop link on the left in the page menu.

If you looking to make a facebook shop i would use these and best of all it's FREE!

mrs maggot
08-05-2011, 06:51 PM
how weird, i have had a look at it, and its given me your page eeeeekkkkkk !!!!!!

i think you need to post a link to their facebook page - not your page you were on, everthing is visible so change it now

Mattie
08-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Yeah i put link to my page so everyone can look at shop

i put link to shop software site underneath lol

Paul
08-05-2011, 07:00 PM
hmmm :) interesting :) is good to place link to mugs etc so your friend just click and pay when need a gift :) good idea. i am not sure how it work tho :)

mrs maggot
08-05-2011, 07:03 PM
no ali, i can view your settings - and close you shop if i want to, i have YOUR ADMINISTRATION PANEL

Mattie
08-05-2011, 07:06 PM
no ali, i can view your settings - and close you shop if i want to, i have YOUR ADMINISTRATION PANEL

Strange only page admins are meant to have that screen lol, think i may delete the shop now

Mattie
08-05-2011, 07:07 PM
just checked page and it says " This message is only visible to page Administrators" so it's strange how you can see it

smitch6
08-05-2011, 07:31 PM
i just checked and just got your usual fb page

mrs maggot
08-05-2011, 07:31 PM
yep thats what i thought, hence the message on here, i think its because you put the direct link up to YOUR admin page, rather than your facebook page if that makes sense

Mattie
08-05-2011, 07:40 PM
yep thats what i thought, hence the message on here, i think its because you put the direct link up to YOUR admin page, rather than your facebook page if that makes sense

I only put link to my facebook page which is " www.facebook.com/alligiftor " the app installs itself on your page so it must be problem with app, i've deleted it off now and sent email to company

Mattie
08-05-2011, 07:41 PM
i just checked and just got your usual fb page

Yeah i've deleted the shop app now till i hear from them to see why people can access my shop admin

mrs maggot
08-05-2011, 09:26 PM
well i deffo had it thats why i replied, i could see your shop was active, and what your paypal merch id was - which was why i replied as quickly as i did. i must say its now got me worried as well, will you post the reply you get from them please, as i am going to delete their app, until then

did you realise that they also do this ???

Opt-out
We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of having your information used by Holiday4good to send promotional communications. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving these communications following "unsubscribe" instructions given in the emails you receive.

Paul
08-05-2011, 10:00 PM
dont panic :) aligiftor posted link stright to his app so thats why you can see all info. after shop is set up this app shoul be hidded from app list sp noone can see those details. so it was not actual link to your store mate.

skru
09-05-2011, 12:48 AM
OK to start with any aplication for FB You have to pay for it ! but ! is not that expencive :) i think was only 25$ but you got the real shop ! activedent (http://activeden.net/item/facebook-paypal-shop-template/151156)

Mattie
09-05-2011, 08:23 AM
well i deffo had it thats why i replied, i could see your shop was active, and what your paypal merch id was - which was why i replied as quickly as i did. i must say its now got me worried as well, will you post the reply you get from them please, as i am going to delete their app, until then

did you realise that they also do this ???

Opt-out
We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of having your information used by Holiday4good to send promotional communications. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving these communications following "unsubscribe" instructions given in the emails you receive.

Hi

No problem i'll post here the response i get, it's a shame cause it was quite good app

Mattie
09-05-2011, 08:25 AM
dont panic :) aligiftor posted link stright to his app so thats why you can see all info. after shop is set up this app shoul be hidded from app list sp noone can see those details. so it was not actual link to your store mate.

Hi
Paul the only link i posted was the link to my Facebbok homepage, the app is installed by vendor all i did was click on the "install on to required page" so not sure why that gives everyone access

Paul
09-05-2011, 09:55 AM
i think after you click to install this app and set your shop up you need to delete the app. So little icon show up called "store" and this is the link we should post to people.

Kaz
09-05-2011, 11:47 AM
I've just downloaded the app, and have someone elses details already on the page, currently changing them to my details right now.

Thanks for that link :-D

Kaz
09-05-2011, 04:38 PM
That software is soooooo easy to use, now why can't we get a website to load as easily?

tmp55
19-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Did the problems with this get sorted out..... is it safe to use?

Kaz
19-05-2011, 05:39 PM
tmp

I noticed it showed others details if I hadn't logged in yet, but once logged in, only showed mine.

tmp55
20-05-2011, 03:19 AM
Kaz,

Thanks, looks like some bugs may need sorting but it's still impressive all the same.

AJLA
20-05-2011, 01:00 PM
I hope to have a shop soon too although I have to pay £99.00 for mine but I don't do any work at all and I will control it through my web site, when I change anything on my site it will change the Facebook shop too. Freestart do it all for me. I think it's worth a try for £99.00 will be interesting to see if I get more sales through this (if any) than the site.

Paul
06-08-2011, 08:59 PM
just had another go with www.vendorshopsocial.com app in my facbook page :) I must say I m so impressed with it! is so simple after few minutes playing. I have a fully working store in couple of hours :) no much in it yet but still only testing. if you want to have a look then here it is: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Portrait-snaps-photography/230056427016823

AdamB
06-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Looks good Paul - the discount bit for liking and sharing is good also.

If someone bought, say a mug from you, how do you get the images? I haven't clicked through in case I bought one by mistake ;-)

Paul
06-08-2011, 10:33 PM
:) i dont know yet. but i think I contact them for images? :)

AdamB
12-08-2011, 10:11 AM
How's the facebook shop going Paul?

I was thinking of adding the app but it would be good to get feedback from you first.

John G
12-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Have you had any sales on your facebook shop yet Paul, its very impressive and the photography's brilliant!

Paul
12-08-2011, 02:01 PM
How's the facebook shop going Paul?

I was thinking of adding the app but it would be good to get feedback from you first.

of people made interest of it as its new and most people newer knew that you can open a store on FB :)
but I dont have many friends on facebook so no sale made yet. its realy set to let people know what iam doing and what I could do after people get pgotographed. that i can print they pics on other things not only paper.

Have you had any sales on your facebook shop yet Paul, its very impressive and the photography's brilliant!

thank you John! Its very nice to hear somone like my photos... But as i said: no sale yet... but load sof interest tho..

AdamB
20-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Quick question for Matthew/Paul please:

I am thinking about installing the vendorshop app on a facebook page but this app comes up with an info page saying various things such as:

Access my basic information
Includes name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends and any other information I've shared with everyone.

Manage my Pages

VendorShop - Free e-commerce shopping cart may log in as any of my 4 Pages, including .....

Access my data any time

VendorShop - Free e-commerce shopping cart may access my data when I'm not using the application

Is it safe? I only ask as I have admin privileges on quite a few facebook groups/pages and wouldn't want any spam or anything popping up.

Paul
20-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Every app you instal infacebook, iphone etc will ask you about this. Its safe. I never had any spam sent.

AdamB
20-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Every app you instal infacebook, iphone etc will ask you about this. Its safe. I never had any spam sent.

Thanks Paul - I installed the ap earlier ............... just playing with it now :-)

logodigitizing
22-08-2011, 06:36 AM
I've installed this too and started to fill it up with designs etc.. seems to work well although I've never gone through and placed an order to myself as yet. Once I'm up and running I'll try a dry run to test it but it seems to work well so far. Is a great way to increase sales as facebook pages/groups can become viral and quickly spread the word around..

Paul
22-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Best thing is price cut for like and share so people can click it ang get item cheaper. This was 100s new customers can be atracted :-)

ART DISCO
21-09-2011, 01:39 PM
I've just made my first facebook store and found it relatively easy to set up. I think FB shopping will grow hugely in the coming years, so I thought it was better to get stuck in now. How is everybody else's going?
Here's a link to my facebook page, just click the 'Shop' tab on the left hand side.

http://www.facebook.com/artdiscoclothing

Lucy

John G
21-09-2011, 01:42 PM
OK - all those with facebook shops, have you had any sales directly through them?

AdamB
21-09-2011, 01:54 PM
I've just made my first facebook store and found it relatively easy to set up. I think FB shopping will grow hugely in the coming years, so I thought it was better to get stuck in now. How is everybody else's going?
Here's a link to my facebook page, just click the 'Shop' tab on the left hand side.

http://www.facebook.com/artdiscoclothing

Lucy

What app have you used for the shop Lucy, I have used vendorshop but this takes you away from the page to shop on the app itself? (vendorshop installs on your page and people never leave it).

Adam

ART DISCO
21-09-2011, 02:16 PM
I used Ecwid to build my store and then I created my own facebook app to place it inside of...I could have used the free ecwid app to install my store on my FB page but I felt it looked a bit more professional to be able to brand it. As for taking you away from the FB page, I was basing my store model on other stores I'd seen and liked (ASOS) these stores all take you to an app but keep the user on facebook which I felt was the main goal.

I've only just made it visible today, so I'll let you know how it goes:)
Lucy

Paul
21-09-2011, 02:17 PM
OK - all those with facebook shops, have you had any sales directly through them?
I never had a sale. but many people contact me directly about photos so... its kind of working :)

John G
21-09-2011, 02:24 PM
The reason I'm asking is I've heard a bit about facebook shops and keep getting phone calls from people wanting me to buy a ready made facebook shop, but I've never heard of people saying they had used one to buy anything.

AdamB
21-09-2011, 02:27 PM
The reason I'm asking is I've heard a bit about facebook shops and keep getting phone calls from people wanting me to buy a ready made facebook shop, but I've never heard of people saying they had used one to buy anything.

Have you got a facebook page John? You can install a shop for FREE mate .............. I wouldn't buy anything :-(

Paul
21-09-2011, 02:31 PM
I think if its free is still good to have one for spreading the word.

gorgall2
21-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Had mine up for a month or so, no sales yet. Using Vendorshop

John G
21-09-2011, 03:00 PM
No I haven't bought one or intend to - like you say i'd do it myself, just not sure whether its worth the hassle as I've never heard anyone saying they sell things on a face book shop.

Paul
21-09-2011, 04:04 PM
sorry! just remind myself! I sold 6x wooden coaster to one of my friends hair salon :) so there was a sale lol :P

swimwivsquid
22-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Have set one up using Vendorshop as it seemed silly not to. Couldn't loose anything as its a free app. Most of the island here are hooked into FB so figured it's worth a try. As yet no sales but need to get the site out there more.This is the link to our FB site. http://www.facebook.com/pages/RJ-Digital-Imaging/177022435672783?v=info Only problem that we have is that paypal don't recognise the Eastern Caribbean dollar so we have had to price everything in US$ and not the local currency.

John G
29-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Just resurrecting this thread with an interest in finding out whether anybody's having any success at all selling on facebook?

JackB
29-01-2012, 03:57 PM
We have had several sales through people seeing our facebook nad linking to our website. Also had a few Farmville requests we we never bother to answer.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ricola-Printware/208551382545593
Jack

John G
29-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Hi Jack,
I've just checked out your FB, so you're using it to attract people to your website rather than using it as a shop?

I think I may have had the wrong impression about FB - I thought people were using it to sell, rather than an intro service. Seems a lot of hard work to do exactly what a website does already - or am I missing something obvious!

Cheers John

JackB
29-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Hi Jack,
I've just checked out your FB, so you're using it to attract people to your website rather than using it as a shop?

I think I may have had the wrong impression about FB - I thought people were using it to sell, rather than an intro service. Seems a lot of hard work to do exactly what a website does already - or am I missing something obvious!

Cheers John

As we already had a website up and running we used Facebook as a link to as well as a shop. We have had customers putting on facebook how much they like the item they purchased, and of course it links through your friends to their friends and so on. It is simply another tool to get your goods seen and hopefully purchased. All members of my family and a lot of their friends aswell as mine all link to the Facebook site. We sometime do get personal messages enquiring and purchasing.
Jack.
Ps one of my daughters lives in Newcastle, so of course her Newcastle friends get to see my Ricola Facebook. Sorry for the poaching. lol

John G
29-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Ps one of my daughters lives in Newcastle, so of course her Newcastle friends get to see my Ricola Facebook. Sorry for the poaching. lol

So that's where all my business has gone :biggrin:

Ian M
29-01-2012, 07:56 PM
John, get someone you know to start up in Kettering to get your own back :wink:

John G
29-01-2012, 08:54 PM
John, get someone you know to start up in Kettering to get your own back

:biggrin: calling all ketteringians - anything Jack pays you, i'll double!

GoldRapt
30-01-2012, 10:41 AM
We have had several sales through people seeing our facebook nad linking to our website. Also had a few Farmville requests we we never bother to answer.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ricola-Printware/208551382545593
Jack

Jack, what are those keepsake boxes on your FB page please, do you make them yourself? Are they very big ?

JackB
30-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Jack, what are those keepsake boxes on your FB page please, do you make them yourself? Are they very big ?

To tell you the truth I am not sure as my youngest daughter and my wife sourced them and the daughter puts the pictures on facebook and the website. I will only get to know about it when it needs the templates designing and printing.
I will have to make a note and ask her what the sizes ect are, I would imagine that she has got the from Xpres or one of the other subli suppliers.

Jack

bedders
30-01-2012, 02:20 PM
The printable area on these boxes are
10.8 x 10.8 cm, they are purchased through a subli supplier x

bedders
30-01-2012, 02:27 PM
I use the facebook page (not the shop) to promote new stock etc as people tend to see this alot quicker, it saves them keep checking back into the website. (so many people use FB so it is a good quick way to advetise)
As we have friends all over the world etc it gets our new products seen and passed on and encourages them to go and check out updates on the website.
I have found since starting the page I have had alot of interest and orders, it also allows for customers to comment about their purchases and promote our goods x

John G
30-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks for that Bedders - I'm starting to get my head around FB :confused:

JackB
30-01-2012, 03:14 PM
John, get someone you know to start up in Kettering to get your own back :wink:

I wonder if we know anyone in Bradford. :biggrin:

Jack.

John G
30-01-2012, 03:28 PM
:cool: OK - had enough, the boys have been sent round! :biggrin:

Ian M
30-01-2012, 03:33 PM
I wonder if we know anyone in Bradford. :biggrin:

Jack.

Jack, I know lots of people in Bradford. :wink::biggrin:

Ian M
30-01-2012, 03:34 PM
:cool: OK - had enough, the boys have been sent round! :biggrin:

John, I'll go get the Black & Deckers :wink: been sometime since I drilled a knee cap :biggrin:

JackB
30-01-2012, 03:52 PM
John, I'll go get the Black & Deckers :wink: been sometime since I drilled a knee cap :biggrin:

:wink::wink::wink::wink: I had a titanium knee replacement last year. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Jack.

Ian M
30-01-2012, 03:59 PM
:wink::wink::wink::wink: I had a titanium knee replacement last year. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Jack.

I have some diamond tipped drill bits Jack.......drill trough anything :wink::biggrin:

John G
30-01-2012, 04:08 PM
I had a titanium knee replacement last year.

That's good then - you'll be able to leg it when the boys arrive! :biggrin:

bedders
30-01-2012, 04:09 PM
LOL :redface:

GoldRapt
30-01-2012, 05:47 PM
The printable area on these boxes are
10.8 x 10.8 cm, they are purchased through a subli supplier x

Thanks for that but I was after the size of the box. I'll have a look through the subli suppliers.

Paul
30-01-2012, 07:12 PM
they dont exist any more ;)

mrs maggot
31-01-2012, 01:25 AM
http://www.merlintransfers.com/merlin/Home/Products/Blank_Printables/Printable_Keepsake_Box.html

GoldRapt
31-01-2012, 08:39 AM
http://www.merlintransfers.com/merlin/Home/Products/Blank_Printables/Printable_Keepsake_Box.html

Thanks MrsM

Flash
02-02-2012, 05:37 PM
I use these: http://www.payvment.com/
An alternative, if anyone is interested.

Phil

GoldRapt
02-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Good find.

I use these: http://www.payvment.com/
An alternative, if anyone is interested.

Phil

John G
02-02-2012, 08:20 PM
That's who I've used - the free version. Its pretty easy to get your products into your shop, but, unless you pay for the service, your limited to one shop, and just a "like" discount, other options need paying for.

Cheers John

GoldRapt
02-02-2012, 08:29 PM
One shop? or one Item?
heheheh How many shops do you need John :-) ?

John G
02-02-2012, 08:35 PM
I was going to have one shop/page dedicated to badges, and one solely dedicated to mugs - each shop would have the appropriate word in its title, so very easy to find on facebook. Didn't realise until I'd done all the badges that I couldn't do the same for mugs, under a different page. doh!

You can have as many items in your shop as you like.

Cheers John

Timothy
20-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Hello Mattie i am trying to join your facebook page but its not doing work, i think its not orig link so please pm your link.
And i want to know you are dealing at domestic level or international?

Paul
14-02-2013, 12:15 AM
Hi guys! decided to dig this one out now...

Me and my friend who is very talented graphic designer decided to do quick fanpage on facebook. i did one t-shirt for him with his design on it and tht was it.

we posted link to couple people. not spamming. people that we know and they agreed to help us.
this was 8.02.2013. now we have over 250 fans and 5 sales via facebook shop.
so the answer is: Yes. its worth to have a shop on face book as long as you know how to talk to people. fan page where nothing is happening wont make to much money :)

FairyD
14-02-2013, 09:49 AM
Paul......you need to write a manual for all the different things you do...I'd buy it!!! Failing that.....can you give us a few tips...I have over 800 'friends' on my business facebook but only 178 likes on my new Teddy Bo Threads facebook page....I know likes don't equal sales but it sure helps get the message out there 'virally' when you post!

John G
14-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Payvment are selling up and you have to move your shop to Ecwid or something like that. Looks like the shop is free until March then they will charge. If this is the case my facebook shop will close - had 1 sale since I started, total waste of time, a lot of time trying to keep it updated.

Wish I'd spent my time and effort on a better website than fannying on with facebook. IMO :wink:

FairyD
14-02-2013, 09:52 AM
John...look at www.create.net (http://www.create.net) it's £10 a month for the store...no start up costs (unless you have to purchase your domain...I use fasthosts for that instead) easy to set up the store AND you can set up facebook and ebay with the click of a button through it....they also automatically update themselves everytime you update your own store!!!

Renniwano
14-02-2013, 10:02 AM
I use Create too... and highly recommend them :)

Paul
14-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Vendor shop. If you sigm up within 7day trial it will cost you onlu $7 a month.

What we did we took ONE design that we thout is best of the best and we linked it the msg. Most people liked it and asked where they can buy it. So they start join the fanpage. Now every day we add one more design. So people like it even more and fanpage is not only liked. But there is loads of people there that chatting and sharing posts. So there is a life on fanpage. Fanpage that has no life in it wont bring much money. Ask youself if you will go in to restaurant that you never ever seen anyone in before? Always empty? So what we did, i printed 2 mouse mats with same design as on tee and we are givving it away for 2 people. Trick is people need to like picture with the mouse mat on it or teshirt :) and share it to others. Since last night we have over 30 shares and shed loads of likes. Loads of comments etc... So we have a life on our page ;)

if somone have lods of friends that dont mean you will have loads of likes on your page as most of your friends not really interested in stuff you do. They may like it but thats it....

best idea is to find facebook group that is interested in what you doing. If this is craft group then great. Join. Chat and post link to your fanpafe. In this way people who actualy like what you doing and they can benefit of your work will join your fanpage and start buying as you will keep in touch with them by posting on your wall.

If your market is classic car owners and you can print stickers or mouse mats then post it in the group related to the subject. Once you have first likes from people that share interest in old cars you can add other items daily. Not all at once. Ac each product added daily will pop up on fans wall's and wont let them forget about your page.

facebook is great. But you can not wait for newcommers. You need to tell people that they need what you got :)
My 5 p