PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Trade

AJLA
17-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Has anyones Christmas trade just stopped?

The shop is getting incredibly busy and I've had a steady flow of internet orders until yesterday the 16th Dec and they seem to have just stopped. Are people already organised or maybe they think they are pushing it a bit for delivery in time for Christmas.
Are you all still getting the orders?

John G
17-12-2009, 10:03 AM
I've been busy with internet orders too but I think you could be right about the delivery dates. Still busy but not as hectic as last week.

Cheers John

AJLA
17-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Glad to hear it John, perhaps people think deliveries from Cornwall are via tractor! If people only knew . . street lights came to Cornwall last year, I ditched the pony (now have a motor) and we also have Royal Mail with trucks!
Oh well. :(

John G
17-12-2009, 10:37 AM
You have steet lights :shock: bloody hell :D

John G
17-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Just had a quick look at your website - do you think this may put people off looking through your site

Quote: "However festive seasonal purchases are proving to be stronger than ever and our lines are now selling fast, unfortunately our suppliers cannot commit to delivering new stock before the Xmas period.

Just a thought
Cheers John

AJLA
17-12-2009, 10:48 AM
The light are real electric not even gas.
And yep maybe your right that statement is now gone. Cheers for the feedback.

John G
17-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Hope the trade pics up a bit and you have a good start to 2010

God - real electric :lol:

Cheers john

castlegategiftcreations
17-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Unfortunatly our website, although visable, is still unable to take orders. The website was done in June and we were told that it would be up and running within 2 weeks!!!! Still waiting even though we do constantly contact DomGlobal about this problem. Will be trying again in the newyear so hopefully it will be running by xmas 2010 and we will be as busy as you guys. Shop is busy but like yourself it is now starting to trail off a little.

All the best for xmas and the new year to you.

AJLA
17-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Same To you guys, lets hope we are all in for a prosperous more importantly health 2010!

Don't know about electric John I think they are actually wind up type of contraptions :D

Merry Christmas http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_santa.png

John G
17-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Hi Julie, Why is your website linked with Domglobal - did they design and host it ?

accdave
17-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Our shop had a lull Tuesday & Wednesday this week, then went manic again today. So much so I have to go back down now and do another 2 or 3 hours :D

castlegategiftcreations
18-12-2009, 12:14 AM
hi john

yes unfortunately - don't mind the web design - think it is good but was told they would put in all products (which i did supply them with) and also descriptions etc about them all - i had to end up replacing most of them as pics were unsuitable (a mug with a pic of a dining table and instead of cutlery there were machine guns was one of them!!!).

JSR
18-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Our shop had a lull Tuesday & Wednesday this week, then went manic again today. So much so I have to go back down now and do another 2 or 3 hours :D
Same scenario here.

AJLA
18-12-2009, 10:00 AM
My customer loved the bag by the way Julie Anne.

Lots of 20x16 canvases to do today, the last minute grandparent gift no doubt. Don't mind these tho as they have good proifit margins. Fingers crossed we will all get another mad rush in the next few days.

mrs maggot
18-12-2009, 10:21 AM
im still waiting for a last delivery from my wholesaler, it looks as if the customer in scotland will not now get his ordr for xmas - he is fine about it, which is good, i have kept him informed the whole time, which i think helps. he said he will just have to wear something else to the pub xmas day

AJLA
18-12-2009, 10:47 AM
That's a shame, what is it you are waiting for?

castlegategiftcreations
18-12-2009, 03:59 PM
glad she liked the bag.

I started telling customers that last order day for xmas would be sat 20th dec. I only work p/t (tues, wed and sat) so everyone seems to have heard that tom. is last order day and come in today to order. So many orders and so little time!!!

Flash
18-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Well i'm pleased to inform, i'm as busy as a one-legged tap dancer! :lol:
I will sleep in January.

Phil