PDA

View Full Version : need a new priter suggestions

buzzworx
09-05-2011, 07:20 PM
evening folks i'm after some advise i'm in need of yet another new or newish printer i have had an epson s21 which i broke by accident then had two epson d78's latest one died today midjob, i have been using a ciss system on the 78's and still have some inks left so was thinking of another ciss system set-up but unsure what to go for.
any advice much appreciated

Lee
09-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Hi buzzworx - I have very limited experience and have in fact only owned the printer I have now - a Richoh 3300 from BMS - BUT as far as printers in general go, I've found it to deliever quality pics in a fast time whilst being very straight forward to use!

Lee
09-05-2011, 07:48 PM
...however my grasp of the English language and spelling is obviously something I'm still struggling with.... :-/

bms
09-05-2011, 08:58 PM
I'd certainly second what TPM says. The A4 Ricoh is a great little machine, but you won't be able to use your existing inks.
If you looking for a cheap, non supported printer, then there are posts on here about other Epson printers (and Brother printers).

For peace of mind you won't go far wrong with the Ricoh printer.

buzzworx
09-05-2011, 09:41 PM
If i were to go for the A4 Ricoh printer am i'm going to have to set up another ICC Program cause the one i did for the epson took me hours to get right.

bms
09-05-2011, 09:59 PM
No need to set up ICC profiles unless you're a Mac user. With the Ricoh you use PowerDriver instead to manage colours. So you'd need to reset you existing graphics package back to default (or uninstall and reinstall it if you wanted), but PowerDriver makes it very easy to use.

buzzworx
09-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the info, i have been looking at your website and shall endevor to call tomorow to sort buying a printer and some more stock from you