PDA

View Full Version : Problem with blue ink on D120 printer

penpoul
09-05-2011, 08:16 PM
We have a bulk feed system using the Epson D120 printer. We are having problems with our blue ink. When we do a nozzle check the blue isn't being printed correctly, lots of gaps. We have cleaned the head, tried conventional ink which works ok, and taken out air from the cartridge by syringe.

Some blue is getting through, but our images on the mugs are coming out very purple, for example, the sky is purple and our customer has supplied us with some images of "sky Blue" iris's which are now purple!!. We have tried adjusting the amount of magenta and although slightly better, it is nowhere near the colour it should be.

Can any one help us...please ?

bms
09-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Have you looked at our FAQ on this matter...
http://www.printerowners.co.uk/faq/12/1/sublimation-advanced.htm

Do you get a perfect nozzle check pattern? There's no point in going to print if you don't get that.

penpoul
09-05-2011, 10:06 PM
The cyan doesn't give a good nozzle check, all of the other colours are perfect, but hardly any blue is coming through on the check.

With the original "normal" cartridges the Cyan is perfect.

bms
09-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Can you let us know how you get on with the other things to do as explained on the FAQ? The problem sounds as though it is in the EasyFlow system...

penpoul
10-05-2011, 10:45 AM
I have tried everything on the Faq, I retried a nozzle check this morning, firstly using Original cartridges, the black, magenta and yellow were all fine but the blue had huge gaps in it, I headcleaned and reprinted the nozzle checks 3 times, no difference with the blue, I then left the printer for a while and retried the nozzle check with the Easy flow system, exactly the same result. I am now guessing that the problem lies with my printer. My dilema now, is that I have spent alot of money this week on more ink for the free flow system, so I need to continue with this system, but is it only compatible with a D120 and if so, how widely available are these printers now ?

bms
10-05-2011, 06:10 PM
If you can't get a good nozzle check pattern with the original cartridges then this has to be resolved first. There are some posts on here about head cleaning which might be worth a look at. The D120 was discontinued some time ago, so it's unlikely that you'll find a new one.

penpoul
12-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Just an update. I have managed to buy another D120 printer, (very lucky to find one!!).

The nozzle check is brilliant on all colours, no gaps.......but, the sky blue colours on the mug are still coming out purple!!. The blue on the nozzle check is coming out the correct colour.

What are our next solutions.

John G
12-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Are you using a profile?

Kaz
12-05-2011, 10:42 PM
I had this problem with my Ricoh, and purple was coming out royal blue, I had switched on the ICC profile along with the powerdriver, switched off the ICC profile and it worked fine

bms
13-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Just an update. I have managed to buy another D120 printer, (very lucky to find one!!).

The nozzle check is brilliant on all colours, no gaps.......but, the sky blue colours on the mug are still coming out purple!!. The blue on the nozzle check is coming out the correct colour.

What are our next solutions.

Need to know what graphics package you are printing from and some idea of your printer settings and ICC profile settings to help further. Have you set everything up as per the instructions for using the ink from your supplier?

penpoul
25-05-2011, 05:29 PM
We are using Powerpoint. We now have a new printer, new ink and the new cartridge and tube system. We use the printer settings as advised from Sawgrass and the Icc profile that came on the cd that was supplied with the system. We have installed it onto two computers, one works on Vista and the other Xp.

The blue is still coming out purple and are much more purple after installing the Icc settings from the Sawgrass disc. What now ? My customer is still waiting patiently for her order.

John G
25-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Don't know much about cartridge and tube systems, as you put it, but is Powerpoint compatible with your profile?.

Might help if you supply details of:
Printer - CISS - Ink - paper and what your printing etc.

Cheers John

bms
26-05-2011, 05:05 PM
We are using Powerpoint. We now have a new printer, new ink and the new cartridge and tube system. We use the printer settings as advised from Sawgrass and the Icc profile that came on the cd that was supplied with the system. We have installed it onto two computers, one works on Vista and the other Xp.

The blue is still coming out purple and are much more purple after installing the Icc settings from the Sawgrass disc. What now ? My customer is still waiting patiently for her order.

Don't think you can have set up your profile. You may have installed it, but PowerPoint can't take a profile anywhere so the profile is just sat on your computer doing nothing. You need to have some different software that can use the Profile such as PhotoShop, PhotoShop Elements or Corel Draw (as examples). The Sawgrass PDF files show how to set up these packages.

penpoul
31-05-2011, 10:58 AM
We've been using the powerpoint for the past two years since we got the mug printing system and have printed hundreds of mugs and the blue's have always been spot on, why would it suddenly stop working now ?.