PDA

View Full Version : Brother PR600

Stitch Up
13-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Message to Jen really but also to anyone else who has the PR600.

How do you find the PR600? Would you recommend one?

I've heard their really good but a little slow. They certainly are popular and i would think there's great support for them out there.

Be interested in any comments.

John

jennywren
18-10-2009, 04:17 PM
I have a pr600 but it only a week since we've had it I,m hoping to pick up a few starter tips from this forum. will be posting for help when we get started but I also hear it good and good for beginners. Have't done anything yet to scared. what is the best thing to do

Stitch Up
18-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Just try some simple lettering first Jenny. Then move on to shapes. Make sure you're circles turn out as circles and squares are square.

Most importantly, have fun.

John

Here's some of the designs we've done recently HERE (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v111/datasafe/Embroidery/?start=all)

ASO Embroidery
25-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi John,
We started out with a pr600 and found it to be a very reliable and good machine as you say they are not the fastest at stitching but we never had any problems with it we had the pr60011 which had the usb connection instead of the old floppy which was and is a better idea the pr620 is a very simelar machine with a few added accessories and brother have just launched the new model the pr650? which has a larger monitor do not know anything more about it but will be seeing one this wednesday at a roadshow.

Regards

Sammy

DaveM
26-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Hi John,

I have the PR620 and have been very happy. It is a little slow but suits my needs most of the time. I purchased a set of 7 in 1
fast frames from the US which makes it easier to work with un-hoopable items.

Also I have just bought a XL hoopitall frame that gives me the ability to increase the maximum size of 300x200 by
sewing half of the item and then turning the frame around to complete the rest. This of course you need software that
splits the design and knows that you have this special hoop fitted. (Not tried it yet)

There is a Yahoo group that I have found quite helpful that is dedicated to these machines and the Baby-lock equivalent,
and an ex Brother Technician that has produced some maintenance and repair DVD,s that have been useful.

Dave

jennywren
11-03-2010, 08:12 AM
I have been looking for a forum, could you put a link for the one that you ago on.

draig
11-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Been running my PR600 for 4 years now. Only problem was/is the threader, just don't use it now, as I've only a couple of regular designs that use more than 6 colours. Leave the usb cable permanently connected to a hub, so can transfer design direct from computer. Still have them backed up on floppy so if the computer's not on I can still use the machine.

Have been told not to go over 500hours before servicing, currently standing at 480 so getting close :lol: . Chris used to work on machines, so he'll do this for me. By the way if you join the yahoo group (there are a couple) you can download a service manual, it says it's for the EMB6 but they are the same machine.

If you are looking at it as a sample machine, you should have no problems (yes there's always lemons) you must remember to put that drop of oil on the bobbin race everytime you start the machine, and it doesn't use industrial needles so you'll need a stock of the correct (flat tip at top of shank, basically a domestic needle).

I like the fact if you have to shut the machine down part way through a design, you can resume the work when you turn it back on.

One for you Dave is it the FastFrames Jumbo or the Hoop It All large frame you got, and did you have to import from the States, asked Stocks at the P&P over the fast frames jumbo and they didn't even know of it.

Sharon