PDA

View Full Version : Blurring

mgibbs
12-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Hi

I'm using a DF1 press and am occasionally getting some blurring. The mugs I'm doing at the moment have some small text on them so it can be quite noticeable.

This can occur anywhere on the mug.

I'm using the press at its default settings of 180C for 150 seconds and am using the pressure set as it came.

What should be my first course of action to try and eliminate this problem?

Thanks

Mark

Andrew
12-05-2011, 04:39 PM
We would need a picture to be sure but first thought is are you cooling them quickly after coming out of the press? Text onto a white background is the type of image that can bleed. I think your time and temp are a bit low personally but couldn't be sure if this were the problem unless we saw a photo.

mgibbs
12-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm dunking them straight from the press.

I'll get a piccie up tonight.

Mark

Paul
12-05-2011, 05:27 PM
I would increse time up to 180sec. and preasure for medium/heavy.

bms
12-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Hi

I'm using a DF1 press and am occasionally getting some blurring. The mugs I'm doing at the moment have some small text on them so it can be quite noticeable.

This can occur anywhere on the mug.

I'm using the press at its default settings of 180C for 150 seconds and am using the pressure set as it came.

What should be my first course of action to try and eliminate this problem?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark, the presses aren't pre set, so you'd need to set the time and temp as per the recommendations and increase/ decrease the pressure to ensure the mug is held reasonably tightly in the press.

mgibbs
12-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Martin

By default I mean the idle temp, working temp and time that the instructions say to set upon first use.
The pressure holds the mug firmly but you can turn it in the press with the handle if you want too. Maybe too little pressure?

Mark

bms
12-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Yes too little pressure. You shouldn't be able to twist it at all. Tighten the screw thread so that you have to exert some pressure to close the press. You may see the blanket form around the top/bottom of the mug a little which is fine.

mgibbs
12-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Increasing the pressure seems to have done the trick - thanks Martin.

I also upped the time to 180 secs but that made no noticeable difference to the image quality so have dropped it back down.

Mark

Paul
12-05-2011, 11:17 PM
I also upped the time to 180 secs but that made no noticeable difference to the image quality so have dropped it back down.

Mark
it will with some colours. darker need more time to roast.