PDA

View Full Version : ICC profile for ricoh 3300??

mugstar
12-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Hi,

I have just set up my new ricoh, and installed the powerdriver. I think I am right in thinking that that means that I do not need to install any ICC profiles/do any set up on coreldraw? (I use cd4)

The main question is if this is the case, then what do i set my colour profile settings to in Corel, as I was using Epson 1400 and so had it all set up for that.

Any help gratefully appreciated!!

Steve

dj_doubler
12-05-2011, 07:47 PM
As far as I'm aware you just make sure your printing from powerdriver when selecting printer etc...

mugstar
12-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Yeah, cheers dj....that is what I thought but doesn't look quite the same as the epson prints, so wander if the adjustments made in the 'tools-color management' section of corel for the epson are making a difference?

bms
12-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Hi,

I have just set up my new ricoh, and installed the powerdriver. I think I am right in thinking that that means that I do not need to install any ICC profiles/do any set up on coreldraw? (I use cd4)

The main question is if this is the case, then what do i set my colour profile settings to in Corel, as I was using Epson 1400 and so had it all set up for that.

Any help gratefully appreciated!!

Steve

You'll need to get Corel back to what it was originally before you configured it for the ICC profile for the Epson. If no-one here can give you those settings then it might be easier to uninstall and reinstall so you get back to the original settings.

mugstar
12-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks Martin. Do you know (i know this sounds obvious!) that by checking the default settings would be the same? Surely when you install corel these things are set to .......... default?

Does it also mean that the colour settings are set within the powerdriver so do I have to use Corel. I only say that as i have used powerpoint before to make some more complicated designs as it is really easy to use.

Thanks for your help.

bms
12-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Sorry I don't use Corel so I dont know. The beautynof PowerDriver is that you can print from anything so PowerPoint is a possibility now. Just be careful about image sizes though.

Ian Mc
06-06-2011, 05:00 PM
The answer on that one is a 'yes' - if you set the colour management to 'Default', then it will be as originally installed, so you shouldn't have any 'cross contamination' between your EPSON ICC profile and the PowerDriver. And as Martin has rightly pointed out, using PowerDriver does mean you should be able to print directly from Powerpoint (although it really isn't something I'd recommend!). ;)

mugstar
06-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Hi Ian,
Cheers-I have had for a few weeks now and it is working fine just printing straight through powerdriver. It was only occasionally I have used powerpoint, and use coreldraw all the time now I have completely got to grips with it.:-)

TonyM
07-06-2011, 10:06 PM
hi
I have been using the power driver now for a month or so and find it fantastic,
I used to edit an ADI magazine and am fairly expert with publisher. I am rubbish with Corel and Paintshop.
I can now do complicated designs and manipuilate them all in my chosen programme.
One click with the power driver and it works brilliant everytime.
I would imagine you would get the same results with powerpoint or any programme?
Love it.

BR

Tony

Ian Mc
08-06-2011, 09:46 AM
To be fair, PowerDriver is quite useful for that kind of thing - I just wish Sawgrass could build a 'High Quality' mode into it, and make a few tweaks to the inbuilt profiles (not that the existing profiles are bad, just that the stand alone profiles tend to be a bit more accurate in colour rendition).