PDA

View Full Version : B1100 Ink problem

Mattie
19-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Hi

I've went to print some work off this morning using my B1100 and the colours are not coming out it is just all coming out a light grey colour.

Any idea's? i've done 4 head cleans and it's just getting worse, don't want to do more incase i flood it.

AdamB
19-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Try doing a couple of test prints using direct colour Matthew, it might help unblock it:

http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/Color0.gif

I know you may think it won't work but leaving it an hour (if youve got that long) after head cleans also helps.

AdamB
19-05-2011, 10:56 AM
That's if it is a blockage at the print head and not a twisted/blocked tube?

Mattie
19-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Cheers Adam i'll try that in a bit.

Just done the syringe thing in top of cartridge that it says on BMS website and now i'm not get anything paper is coming out blank

Mattie
19-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Just done one head clean then printed the image you attached and it's worked fine (fingers crossed stays that way).

Thanks alot Adam i appreciate it

Mattie
20-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi
I'm getting really fed up now thought i sorted it yesterday, but now one of the blacks is not working and coming through with lines so i did one head clean and then nozel check and now all the colours have lines through.

Can anyone help before i throw this printer out the window?

AdamB
20-05-2011, 02:28 PM
It's funny Matthew 'cause I was going to post a reply last night.

At about 8pm I too had problems with my B1100 and it took me about an hour and half to get it sorted (must be a day for the B1100's!).

I didn't so much keep cleaning it but I printed various images with colours in to release the blockage - it eventually worked :-)

Mattie
20-05-2011, 02:56 PM
It's funny Matthew 'cause I was going to post a reply last night.

At about 8pm I too had problems with my B1100 and it took me about an hour and half to get it sorted (must be a day for the B1100's!).

I didn't so much keep cleaning it but I printed various images with colours in to release the blockage - it eventually worked :-)

Hi Adam

It must of been bad day for Epsons lol, glad you sorted it though as i know how stressful it is.

I've left it for now, i'll try printing few images later see what happens, it's also displaying very low ink levels on printer screen not sure if this means anything?

Paul
20-05-2011, 03:57 PM
(must be a day for the B1100's!).

nope :) just checked my and is fine! :P

bms
20-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Hi Adam

It must of been bad day for Epsons lol, glad you sorted it though as i know how stressful it is.

I've left it for now, i'll try printing few images later see what happens, it's also displaying very low ink levels on printer screen not sure if this means anything?

Ink levels will reset automatically so that doesn't mean anything. If you're having continued problems have a look at our FAQ on this... Print quality has deteriorated...
http://www.printerowners.co.uk/faq/12/1/sublimation-advanced.htm

AdamB
20-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Ink levels will reset automatically so that doesn't mean anything. If you're having continued problems have a look at our FAQ on this... Print quality has deteriorated...

Do you say this from experience Martin?

I only say this because I remembered that I had problems last night after I had to manually reset the cartridges due to low ink (press the button for 5 secs). Then today I remembered that I seem to experience 'some' kind of problem after the cartridges have been refilled - this could be a simple head clean to resolve it or like last night (a few hours trying to resolve the problem).

Coincidence .............. as I too have a B1100 ?????????

Mattie
20-05-2011, 09:10 PM

Hi martin

I followed all the guides on your site yesterday and sorted the problem (plus previous problem of no yellow in tube), but then today when i went to print problems are back but the blank ink today.

Will try few prints as Adam recommended tomorrow as had to leave shop early to do sign job.

bms
20-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Do you say this from experience Martin?

I only say this because I remembered that I had problems last night after I had to manually reset the cartridges due to low ink (press the button for 5 secs). Then today I remembered that I seem to experience 'some' kind of problem after the cartridges have been refilled - this could be a simple head clean to resolve it or like last night (a few hours trying to resolve the problem).

Coincidence .............. as I too have a B1100 ?????????

Do I say what from experience?? The ink levels drop because that's the way Epson programme the chip to behave as you consume ink, expecting the ink to be depleted from a cartridge, but the ink is being continuously replenished in the EasyFlow systsems. So the ink level is nothing to do with the physical volume of ink inside the cartridge and the chips are designed to reset themselves when they get to a certain level and the printer/ computer is restarted at some point. A manual chip reset is sometimes required if, something has gone wrong or if you've sent a massive job to the printer which would consume more than the ink remaining in the cartridge (as defined by what the chip 'thinks' is in the cartridge).