PDA

View Full Version : ICC Profiles, Epson 4880 & Sawgrass SublijetIQ

David B
25-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Hello,
Having read plenty of informative things already on the forum, I am wanting to see if anyone can help me with my query.
I have an Epson 4880, with the Sawgrass Sublijet IQ ink setup using the Sawgrass drivers in Windows XP. The problem I'm having is that I'm getting a like pink tinge when I print (for instance a light grey comes out as a grey/pink colour). I have currently been printing out of Coreldraw and as advised I have turned off the colour management from the tools menu, this hasn't made any difference. From what I have read it seems that Photoshop, which I have, would be better for this application whilst using an ICC profile, can anybody tell me is this the case and where do I get an ICC profile from?
Thanks in advance, David

Paul
25-05-2011, 04:50 PM
you get your icc profile on cd when you buying your ink. and you need to switch ON colour menagment in the corel and set it for your icc. it should be all there on cd.

David B
25-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Thanks Paul. Will check the sawgrass driver Cd .

Justin
25-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Should you not be using the Powerdriver with the 4880 David? Have you set up your software as per Sawgrass website?

David B
25-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi yes Justin. Using the powerdriver as per the sawgrass website but just does not seem to work with coral draw. Loaded photoshop today and seems better but don't know photo shop very well. I now after testing think the yellow is clogged.

David B
14-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Just a update.
Took out a mortgage and bought a set of new inks. After a clean and nozzle check seems to be very good. Very pleased with the results.
Printed a couple of mugs and some jigsaws with vivid colours and all seem fine. Now uploading the new sawgrass updated software.