PDA

View Full Version : Fabric coasters

TonyM
27-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Hi all

My daughter is the manageress off a very old fashioned gentlemens club.
The Committee have asked her if I can provide them with around 100 fabric coasters.
Basically they want posh beer mats with a photo of the club and the phone number around it.

I have been asked:
Are the coasters washable?
And the price?

So my questions are:
Are the washable and where can I buy a 100 at a good price?

What would you charge?
I was thinking around 50p each, is that about right?

Finally I struggle to curve my text as I want it. Anyone know of a good programme where I can curve and get good fonts?

Mant thanks all.

BR

Tony

mugstar
27-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Hi Tony,

don't know about supply or price for these as I don't do them, but if you use coreldraw, then (without checking) I am pretty sure that you can 'draw' a curve, then put some text in & choose align with curve which bends the text around you circle/line etc.

Steve

swimwivsquid
27-05-2011, 10:07 PM
In Photoshop and in photoshop elements there is a curve tool within the type menu that you could use.

smitch6
28-05-2011, 12:05 AM
i have washed the ones i use personally with great results
i just throw them in the washing machine with the colours as they are full colour ones

as for price they cost you around the 50p mark to buy + postage etc then you have the printing costs and labour etc

AdamB
28-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Sent you a PM Tony :-)

JSR
28-05-2011, 04:17 PM
I've used the fabric-topped coasters from BMS (http://www.printerowners.co.uk/sublimation/352/sublimation-fabric-coasters.htm) from time to time. At 23p each (+VAT +postage), they're make for a nice cheap product. They're like "small mousemats". I believe we have washed one in the past. I think it survived okay.

The one issue they have is that, if you're printing text and it's very small or a fancy font with thin lines, be wary that the text might not reproduce very well. Unlike a wooden coaster, the fabric nature of the top isn't as good for high-resolution. Large text or bright photos are fine, though.

If you buy from BMS, you can get a couple in to try out and see if it's worth getting the 100 that you need.