PDA

View Full Version : Sticky labels for underyour mug - in here>>>

chongsta
28-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Hi all,

sorry for the late reply but Ive been a bit hectic lately!

Ok then, sticky labels it is...

They're £0.05p each upto a diameter of 50mm. It nicely works out that £10 gets you 200 and i think this is a good minimum order as well. They can be full colour or black and white, the white colour of the mug base brings out the colour of the clear vinyl. The stickers are all fully cut as well.

Please send images in either high res JPG or TIFF and please steer clear of flourescent colours in your designs as the CMYK colour won't print out.

Please send designs to: info@stainz.co.uk and include a subject header of "dye sub forum" so that I can distinguish mails from my spam.

Cheers all
Dave.

AdamB
28-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Hi Dave - great to see the post mate :-)

Any chance of a few samples please?

chongsta
28-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Hia,

If you want samples, please send a self addressed envelope to:

Canvas printers,
63 courtney st,
Manselton
Swansea
sa5 9nr

I'll set up a sample sheet of 5 stickers and pop them in the envelope ok. Please note people, you are responsible for the design, not me. Im only printing what you give me so please make sure your designs are at 300dpi. If you dont have Adobe Illustrator to set a cutline, dont worry, I'll add this for you. You can have either circular or square stickers.

If anyone wants normal stickers for their packaging or whatever, let me know ok. Im doing 100cm X 76cm sheets for £15.99. You're basically buying that size sheet with as many stickers within that size as you need...or you could have 1 large sticker at 100 X 76cm :) its upto you, it makes no difference to me just as long as you stay within the dimensions of 100cm X 76cm. The vinyl is a Satin indoor printable vinyl - very nice!

cheers all
Dave.

AdamB
28-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks Dave - i'll get one in the post to you asap, can you do 'outdoor' stickers as well?

Justin
28-05-2011, 08:28 PM
If you dont have Adobe Illustrator to set a cutline, dont worry, I'll add this for you. You can have either circular or square stickers.

So are they supplied on sheets uncut?

AdamB
28-05-2011, 08:38 PM
So are they supplied on sheets uncut?

I think chongsta means that he will add the contour cut line before he cuts them for us ............... but if we want to add a cut line then we are more than welcome to save him the time.

(I think?)

Justin
29-05-2011, 12:08 AM
I see....doh!

Gordon
29-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Hi, I haven't got a "logo" but would love to have something to on the bottom of our mugs, do we have someone on the forum that could have a look at it for me?. look for some help.....................
we are all picture memories . co. uk ? but do we just use APM or what, I did have some stickers from vister print which we placed on mug box's & on the back's of what ever I could, but not only did they cost they wasn't all that..... if someone could help..................

Justin
29-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Just read the first post again and I see they're supplied cut.....doh again

FlyingAl
31-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Hi, I haven't got a "logo" but would love to have something to on the bottom of our mugs, do we have someone on the forum that could have a look at it for me?. look for some help.....................
we are all picture memories . co. uk ? but do we just use APM or what, I did have some stickers from vister print which we placed on mug box's & on the back's of what ever I could, but not only did they cost they wasn't all that..... if someone could help..................

Hi Gordon,

Help here :) I've knocked up the artwork for a simple round label for you to send to Chongsta if you're interested in getting the round labels made up.

I don't think I can send you an attachment through the forum so if you can PM me with your email address I'll email it over to you.

I'll post the editable PSD (Photoshop) file as an attachment in a new thread for anyone who wants it.........ooops, no I won't, it's larger than 19k :( will pass it onto Justin

Cheers

Alan

Gordon
31-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Thank you very much,,,,,,,,,,, Alan, this is just grate. I will be sending it on to-night ........................ TTTTTHHHHHHAAANNNKKKKKSSSSSSS

Justin
31-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Alan, both images now available to download here.......

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/roundmuglabel%205cm.psd

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/roundmuglabel%203cm.psd

FlyingAl
31-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Hi Justin,

Excellent, thank you. Hope some members find it useful

cheers
alan

chongsta
02-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi all,

Ive forgot to add that you have to pay for postage as well. I'll be making up the first sheet tonight and getting a postage price based around £10 worth of stickers (200) and the cardboard tube as well.

Thanks for the payment Gordon but I have to take something for the postage too, I'll send you a seperate Paypal invoice ok.

Cheers all
Dave.

Gordon
03-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Sticky labels for underyour mug - in here>>>
Hi Dave, did you get my PM?, I cant find my copy, if not you may have had a l letter in the post from me (with not a gift in it) and not know what it was all about,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, also I sent you an attachment from Alan "flyingAl" of my new logo?.

chongsta
03-06-2011, 10:58 AM
hi gordon,

Yes no problem, been a little busy here thats all. Your stickers are in for print and I'll mail them out ok. I'll have to ask for postage though, I'll get a price later ok.

cheers
Dave

Gordon
03-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Thank you. :biggrin:

chongsta
03-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Hi all,

Ok then im having a few designs sent to me and I need to let you guys know a few things (or offer some tips).

Please steer clear of tiny text. I know the stickers are small but you really need to maximise what you have. Your company name is more important than a photoshop masterpiece work of art :) Im not here to tell you how to design your stickers but i can already see that a few just aren't gonna work. I print at 1080x1080dpi high res but its still a inkjet printer and there will be a really small degree of grainines in it if you use text over colours, this isnt photo-processing which is a different ballgame alltogether!

I think to save time I might do away with samples because of the time lag and Im quite busy, but what i will offer is my experience in printing and do your samples onto my mugs, if im happy then I'll go ahead with the print run. If not I'll let you know and with your permission I'll edit the design slightly to get the best out of it. Is this ok with you guys? its only a suggestion and not set in stone, I just want fast turnaround and im sure you guys want that too.

comments...?

cheers
dave

FlyingAl
05-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Hi Chongsta,

Any issues with the template I gave out?

cheers
alan

AdamB
05-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Dave,

would it not be best for you to give us some examples of things that 'would' work compared to what doesn't?

Gordon
14-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Hi Dave, any news on the mug stickers bud????

chongsta
18-06-2011, 06:40 PM
hi Gordon,

Didnt you get the samples thru yet? I mailed them last week mate!

Im just waiting on you to OK it and then I'll print.

cheers
Dave

Gordon
19-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Hi Dave thanks. my wife just gave them to me, they are grate, please go to print, a BIG THANK YOU to Alan for the design, I guess you will keep it on file as I will need some more,
thanks Gordon.

FlyingAl
19-06-2011, 02:46 PM
You're welcome Gordon, glad they came out well :)

alan

mrs maggot
22-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Print out what you are thinking of sending at home in "real size" on your printer and take a look at it - that will help sort out any overly small text or complicated designs, it often looks great on the screen, but printed out in "real size" can help show you it wont work

Justin
10-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Are you still printing these Dave? I'll need some soon, what's expected turnaround and total costs?

chongsta
14-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi Justin...

Turnaround is a few days mate. Please mail me at; info@stainz.co.uk with designs mate. Ive been away for the last 2 weeks and thats why im a little late with replies.

Gordon..ive sent you a PM mate.

cheers
Dave

Justin
14-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi Dave, I had to source locally for this job as I needed 600 for the weekend. I'll give you a shout for the next run, thanks again.

NIGELG
16-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Hi all,
i use the magic touch water-slide clear decal spaper printed with my logo.
cut out with my craftrobo into circles.
soak them in water , slide onto bottom of mug remove water and air with a rubber kidney allow to dry
place the mug with your paper print wrapped around as usual in mug press, then press mug this bakes the label onto the bottom.
leaves a clear label with text semi permanent
have mugs at home with this on the bottom that have been through my dish washer loads of time and they are still attached

job done

TITCH
29-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Hi folks,

I'm still a 'newbie' here, but I do read the forum quite a lot and like how everyone seems to want to help everyone,..I like that.
So, not wishing to tread on anyones toes, I'm going to try this idea of putting a name to the underneath of mugs..I use a Gerber Edge, about 8 days a week, heat fused, thermal heat & pressure onto very good quality vinyls using 'resin' foils....anyone tried this? I'll experiment with mine..dishwasher though??? I don't have one of them, electrically operated anyway, but it must be good to put your name to a product if you deem it good enough, yes?
If anyone wants any sample to try themselves, I'm quite happy to help!

Titch

AdamB
29-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Hi Titch,

I'd be interested in some samples to test buddy - with possible orders if they work well :)

TITCH
29-04-2012, 12:33 AM
Hi Adam,

Yep, no worries..I'm not scouting for the work you understand, just likeminded and the desire to help.
What's next then..pm me a postal address? maybe e mail me an idea of artwork??
For myself, I'll just do a circular label with something like 'TITCH THE MUG 07966 etc etc' but yes, quite happy to send something for you to try FOC.. if it helps you, it'll help me!

Thanks,

Titch

Gordon
29-04-2012, 12:37 AM
hi do we not have these???????? chongsta http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/images/statusicon/user-offline.png made them and they are very good. see the 1st post in this thread.

P4UL
29-04-2012, 08:19 AM
any images of the final product?

AdamB
29-04-2012, 10:03 AM
hi do we not have these???????? chongstahttp://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/images/statusicon/user-offline.png made them and they are very good. see the 1st post in this thread.

Not sure Gordon - I think this thread slipped down the line, is chongsta still supplying them?

TITCH
29-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Hi Adam,

got your pm thanks.

I'll send something for you to try and I'll experiment too!
Titch

Gordon
29-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Yes I think so,just send him a PM they are good, and he did the artwork for me.

Dezignwar
03-05-2012, 02:25 PM
I set chongsta a message about doing some of these two weeks ago and heard nothing so not sure if he's still doing them... :( i need some doing if anybody else is doing them..

AdamB
03-05-2012, 02:36 PM
I set chongsta a message about doing some of these two weeks ago and heard nothing so not sure if he's still doing them... :( i need some doing if anybody else is doing them..

Me too - sent a PM, nothing heard back?

Andrew
03-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Me too - sent a PM, nothing heard back?

Don't think he comes on here much these days. I see him quite a bit if you want me to give him a shout. He's still doing stickers just quite busy I guess....... coupled with the fact he doesn't get out of bed until midday ;-)

chongsta
04-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Hi all,

I asked justin to change my email address a while back and it seems ive given him the wrong email address, hence me not replying to any alerts and people getting bounced back emails! All has been changed so I hope none of you were too miffed that I was ignoring you, i just never knew anyone was trying to get in touch with me.

If anyone still wants them its not a problem, you can email me direct at: ebaydesignz@gmail.com with your requirements and I'll knock a few samples out as well.

Im sure Andrew here can vouch for my stickers :)

Cheers all

Dave
p.s. I just realised that the forum email was "designs" and not "designz".....duh!!!!

chongsta
04-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Don't think he comes on here much these days. I see him quite a bit if you want me to give him a shout. He's still doing stickers just quite busy I guess....... coupled with the fact he doesn't get out of bed until midday ;-)

i get up early now!!!! at least 10am!!!!! bah!!!!