PDA

View Full Version : Roland ERSA STUDIS BN-20

jennywren
01-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Has any body had a look at this machine, its not for sale yet, I phoned up and the price might be £5000, I have been looking for ages at a print and cut machine, this might be the one that I might get, would be glad of your views on this, have looking for a second hand print and cut but they are like gold dust, this seems to be in my price range.

John G
01-06-2011, 09:32 AM
If this is a solvent printer - I've read on another forum that the company are stating prints would last around 3 years outdoors, the guys on said forum said that was rubbish as any solvent print would need to be laminated for protection against scratching and UV.

Sound like a good deal but if you intend to do signs then I'd budget for a laminator as well.

jennywren
01-06-2011, 09:54 AM
what sort of laminator would your recommend

John G
01-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Not sure Jennywren, I don't do this type of printing - I just read a thread about this printer on a sign forum and it was something I'd be interested in. Cannot afford it but still interested. :rolleyes:

If this printer is a small (desktop) then you wouldn't need a huge laminator, just something slightly bigger than what the Roland can produce, but I'm not sure whether you'd need hot or cold.

The laminator would be for outdoor signage - it all depends on what you're going to be using the print/cutter for.

Cheers John

jennywren
01-06-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm still reading but not to sure what half its all about, its hard to read between the lines and take what information that is relevent to the product, hence I need other people imput

gstk
07-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Im waiting for a date to demo it - Itlooks like just the thing we need. Had our eye on the Versacamm 300SP but to be honest I dont want to do big work. Hoping this is going to be the poodles privates.

Stitch Up
07-06-2011, 06:13 PM
what sort of laminator would your recommend

You could use Frog Juice

Nick4u1
07-11-2011, 05:32 PM
You might want to look at second-hand alternatives if possible. As long as its been proper serviced it should a good number of years..

jennywren
07-11-2011, 05:44 PM
You might want to look at second-hand alternatives if possible. As long as its been proper serviced it should a good number of years..

I would but do not know where to look, also as I know very little about printer cutters I would not know if if was properly serviced or what to look for

Nick4u1
07-11-2011, 05:46 PM
The guys @ wideformatwarehouse stock secondhand gear but its not all listed on their site...other places to look are ebay and gumtree. Businesses that want to liquidate stock will often resell expensive gear like this.

draig
08-11-2011, 01:01 PM
The guys @ wideformatwarehouse stock secondhand gear but its not all listed on their site...other places to look are ebay and gumtree. Businesses that want to liquidate stock will often resell expensive gear like this.

You may want to alter the top link in your signature (Solvent Printers) there is one to many w in the name :-(
Is this your company by the way?
Sharon