PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help please - hidden files on disc?

AdamB
02-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Hi all,

I have been sent a disc (through snail mail) with some artwork on it to reproduce but I cannot open the folder!

The disc is showing that space has been used and there is only one folder on the disc that comes up empty!

I have had this before a few years ago and I'm sure the disc may be still open after someone has burnt it?? Not sure but I think I used a bit of software to either close the disc or extract the files I wanted .................... can't think of it now though!

Anyone help please?

Justin
02-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Have you tried this....

Tools.....Folder Options.....View.....Show hidden Files

(For WinXP) Not sure if it works with CD's though, almost sounds like it's incompatible with your cd drive...not Mac files by any chance?

AdamB
02-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Have you tried this....

Tools.....Folder Options.....View.....Show hidden Files

(For WinXP) Not sure if it works with CD's though, almost sounds like it's incompatible with your cd drive...not Mac files by any chance?

Thanks Justin - it's not the 'hidden files' thing though as I have this option selected to view hidden files by default.

I just downloaded a program to check the disc and it looks like the disc was prepared to be burnt with some sort of software, the space was allocated for the file - the folder was writted to the disc but no files and then the disc was left open for other files to be burnt to it!

The program I used was something called cdcheck at: http://www.kvipu.com/CDCheck/helplink.php?helpfn=overview (in case anyone else has a problem)

Looks like a problem at the customers end .............. thankfully!

Thanks for the speedy reply though mate - appreciated

Justin
02-06-2011, 11:27 AM
No worries, I didn't think that would be the issue but was worth a go. Customers eh?