PDA

View Full Version : Printed wall decals (wall coverings)

chongsta
03-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Hi all,

I wanted to offer you guys another printed product thats huge at the moment, its Wall Decals.

I know many of you dont have large format printers but you might be a good designer, so this might be worth thinking about! (and you'll save £10k and the head work that goes with large format printing!!)

Basically its a special type of vinyl thats 'low-tack', meaning you can put it onto a wall or any hard surface and if needed, it can be removed without any residue or paint being taken off the wall numerous times*

The vinyl is totally idiot-proof, as in if the customer peels it off the paper and it folds back on itself, you can very easily un-stick it (normal vinyl is a bugger when this happens). Ive road tested it and its actually an incredible product. Its also Satin-coated so it wont 'glare' as much with any lights in the room as would happen with gloss vinyl, it's not available as a Matt product. The adhesive side has a Block-Out coating which means that it can be applied over any colour or stripe and you will NOT see anything showing through at all. Nadda! I will also weed all designs so that your customer isnt confused as to what is the print and what is the wastage. (Im not offering to simply cut spot-coloured vinyl, you can do that yourself if you have a cutter, what Im offering is a fully printed product that can be matched to any CMYK colour value, so therefore you can if you wish use Masks to be incorporated into your text or design and then I'll cut that for you)

Take a look on eBay for "wall decals" "wall coverings" "wall stickers" etc and you'll see what I mean. Intricate designs that need application tape can be done from my side, all your doing is generating the business and coming up with excellent designs. I could drop-ship if you want or send to you first for inspection, when you have confidence in the product then its best to drop-ship because it will save a lot of time.

As a manufacturer I will offer a standard guarantee that the product is good for use, however, it will be your customer service that decides whether customers are correct/incorrect if any problems arise. If my work is below standard (which it wont be because I dont need the hassle!) I will happily replace anything that is actually my fault e.g. a bad cutline or a printing error which might not be picked up straight away. A printing error is defined as; colour banding, ink spots or a head strike/scratch on the vinyl. These can occur sometimes but I will always inspect anything before dispatch to eliminate such worries, and these happen about as frequently as Cardiff City F.C. going up to the Premier League (sorry, i had to get that in:))

If anyone is interested then say so below. Prices and everything will be decided after some discussion about sizes etc. but in the meantime take a look at eBay for current prices across many ranges of designs. There's a lot of crap designs out there thats making money, so if you're any good at design then get in on this now before bloody B&Q or the big boys start selling them at chinese prices. I can also offer "Etched" vinyl, this gives the effect of sandblasted glass and is incredible on porch doors, mirrors or any glass (looks more effective on larger glass, this isn't for stuff like Tankards or shot glasses, you get my drift here) and I also have Glow in the dark vinyl, Carbon Fibre effect vinyl (really cool!) and also ultra-reflective vinyl (*cough* like on Police cars, but NOT exactly the same as Service vehicles because i need a license to buy it...but its awesome if you want a "do not enter here" style design for a kids bedroom door)

(Tech bit) For optimum output, your design should be 300dpi at quarter size or 75dpi at full size (yes 75, not 72). Ultimately I would prefer EPS format (Adobe Illustrator for Vector designs) or TIFF or high res JPG if you dont have Vector knowledge. For Corel users I will have to look into converting files to EPS format but im sure someone here knows about this. This offer is really for people who know what they're doing when it comes to design and colour. I have to print and cut your work, therefore if you're sending me a low-res JPG thats 5"x5" and saying i want this 2 meters long...it aint happening lol :). Again, look at the stuff on eBay and you'll get the idea of what i need from you but I will try to help you as much as possible ok! If you do have good high-res designs but not in EPS format then all is not lost, I could add the cutlines for you but you must make sure that your artwork is flattened and that any cutlines to be added are definate, e.g. if you send me a text name like "bob's room" please do not add something like a faded drop-shadow to it, why? because i cant add a decent cutline to it, however, if you did a drop shadow which was in a 'block' style, then i can add a cutline to it no problem. (I can see a few questions coming on this so I'll add some images soon)

-------

Please note as well that your position here will be the middle-man. I'll adjust prices so that you can make some cash, and so can I. Im not greedy! Im in this to make a buck like you lot, so the better your understanding of drop-shipping, the better our relationship will be. Basically you'll be making some cash by not touching a thing, I do all the work, but at the end of the day its your designs that make the cash. The better your work, the more you make, simples!

Questions? go for it?

cheers
Dave

*it CAN'T be used on freshly painted walls that have just dried, the wall paint needs to "gas-off" first, meaning nothing should be applied until about 3-4 weeks after painting. This should always be mentioned in any item you offer to your customers. A good tip is to first ask your customer if they've just painted the surface it's going onto, and then advise them (this is only if the customer complains that they removed the decal and it took the paint with it, similarly, if the customers wall is old and the paint is flaking and they complain that it removed the paint, again you should either ask this BEFORE you sell them the item or at least highlight it on your item page to the effect that you are not responsible for any damage incurred (this aint gonna happen but its best to be prepared). This is handy if you're using eBay, this way you have solid evidence (via eBay messages section) that your customer has replied and complied with the requirements. You're then covered if the customer gives you a negative mark and eBay will remove it because the customer is a numpty :) (which is the norm with ebay). I'm highlighting some problems that might occur but 9.9/10 the print is fine, but I will always help as much as possible in the event that something has gone wrong. lol..its only a print!

p.s. dont ask me to do Manchester United, Harry Potter, Playboy or anything like that. Yes a few people do it but i cant.

Mugsman
04-06-2011, 12:44 AM
Yes please m8 i have a autistic lad who loves trains would be wicked to have a train on his wall

chongsta
04-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Hi,

Yes no problem. Have you got a design in mind? I should add that im not actually offering any designs, its what you give to me that I'll print out for you. I'd be happy to help though. Try *cough* google for some train stuff.

cheers
dave

AdamB
04-06-2011, 06:44 AM
Hi Dave,

funnily enough I was looking to get something done like this!

How wide can you go, and the maxium size in length?

I am interested :-)

smitch6
04-06-2011, 08:53 AM
i was asked a few weeks back if i did them but replied 'no'

it would be good if i could have some rough prices so i can let ppl know i can get them :)

chongsta
07-06-2011, 11:38 AM
hi all,

Sorry for the late reply, Ive been a bit busy.

This offer is on hold until next week guys, this way i can get you some prices and it'll allow me to clear my backlog so that I can concentrate on other things.

cheers
Dave