PDA

View Full Version : Epson 1400 has blotches of ink

Subliminal Laser
06-06-2011, 05:29 AM
My Epson 1400 besides having bad nozzle checks way to often has on occasion blotches of wet ink where you don't want it. Is this unique to me or anyone else living with this.?

Matt Quinn
06-06-2011, 08:49 AM
My Epson 1800 besides having bad nozzle checks way to often has on occasion blotches of wet ink where you don't want it. Is this unique to me or anyone else living with this.?

We have a few epsons and they all do this from time to time...

Check the paper path carefully, including where the heads 'park' and 'rest' at each end of the carriage. You may find a build-up on congealed ink and paper dust. This gets 'wetted'; especially after head cleans. The tiniest of drips transferring onto the face of the head block makes the biggest of messes on the paper!

Quite often these deposits can be almost invisible as they do resemble plastic they're so neatly put down! Just wipe the top faces and see what comes off!

Also if you can gently get a long swab and/or paper towel under the face of the head... And make sure the rollers etc are spotless too

We use Iso-Propyl Achohol to clean printers... Try flooding the sponge at the head rest with IPA and soaking the released ink away with a paper towel. DO this several times ending by flooding the sponge, allowing the head to park and leaving it overnight... IPA can be GENTLY dropped into the feed tubes with a syringe and needle and left to soak overnight - even filled into a cartridge and used to flush the machine.

This might get you closer to a better head check.