PDA

View Full Version : Paper problem

swimwivsquid
23-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Hi Guys this probably doesn't affect many of you but due to the temp and high humidity(85F/74% at present) here on de ilon I am getting paper curl towards what I presume is the emulsion side of the paper. When I feed it into my printer...EpsonD88 it catches and I have to rapidly kill the power and retrieve the sheet before it fouls up the heads. The paper I am using is TruepixXP version HR. Has anyone had similar experience and could you recommend a more stable paper. I am trying to get around the problem by running a ruler down the back of the paper but it is a very hit and miss affair. If I put a normal inkjet sheet of paper in it prints fine. I am printing mostly ceramics and coasters. When I get a print it works fine but I am getting through a lot of paper and ink at the moment...and a lot of foof words...
Merry Xmas everyone
Richard

Paul
23-12-2009, 10:50 PM
i ise texprint hr. never heard about trupix hr. any way. this same problem with my d88.but i dont think this is any thing to do with weather. as i recieved this paper already curled. and it was summer! i simply roll sheet oposite way to curl so it stright after roll. or few sheets betwen heay books should help. thanx

JSR
23-12-2009, 11:31 PM
The only time I get this effect is when I use my old regular TexPrint XP (before HR). I have some old 13" rolls which I cut down to A3+ sheets for my 1400. Being roll paper, it's excessively curled. (Of course, if Epson hadn't crippled the roll paper support on the 1400 when they replaced the 1290S, it wouldn't be a problem - but that's a rant for another day...)

The only way to do it is to either roll the paper back on itself or bend back the leading edge for the printer to grab it easier. Doesn't always work, though.

jennywren
24-12-2009, 07:33 AM
I use it and had the same problem, Its the boxes that its pack in, is too tight a fit. It curls the edges, so what I do now I have a A3 cut into two then put in to A3 plastic bags, I can now put 10 sheets in at a tme and it runs through like a dream. before that the printer jammed every second sheet, it took hours to print I spent more time sorting out the printer than printing. Subl-supples does this. I also take the sheet out when its finshed printing as the paper holds the ink and and can curl when coming out causing the second sheet to bend and jam. Hope this makes sense. I do roll it the other way i never leave any paper in the printer when I've finshed printing as it always curls.

swimwivsquid
24-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Thats interesting...thanks for your replies I've put a wad of paper in the press(cold) and will see if that sorts out the curl.
Have a good Xmas everyone.
best wishes Richard

swimwivsquid
02-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Well after a week in the press the curl is still there and insists on getting stuck in the printer.Jennywren you are right about the box being too small for the paper. Incredible that the manufacturers haven't sussed this. I guess I will have to try a few different brands. Any recommendations?

Paul
02-01-2010, 08:14 PM
try the Truepix never used my sef but have good feedback from guys on here ;)

jennywren
03-01-2010, 12:23 PM
if you like the paper and it works for you can get in it cut by subl-supplies at no extra charge and it does not curl. I'm a great believer iif it works why change it, and I hate change :o

gorgall
04-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Just curl the leading edge of your paper towards the non-printable side at the end that goes into the printer first and don't leave any paper in the printer.
If you do, just repeat the curling before you start printing.

Gordon

swimwivsquid
04-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Just curl the leading edge of your paper towards the non-printable side at the end that goes into the printer first and don't leave any paper in the printer.
If you do, just repeat the curling before you start printing.

Gordon

I have tried that Gorgall, in fact thats how I am getting by at present but the paper still gets stuck if it has even a slight curl either towards the front or back. Very frustrating and wasteful.Maybe a thicker paper might be more stable? Thanks for the reply.

jennywren
04-01-2010, 07:57 PM
I've tried all that it simply the box is too small and the curls are embedded. presed it put, weights on, kept it warm ( and thats the senisble things that I did ) some boxes was worse others, but I love the paper. I tried the other paper went through no problem but for me lack the depth of colour that I did't get. Now I'm happy as my problems solved.

swimwivsquid
04-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks Jenny I'll do as you suggest and try some cutdown A3. Next time I get a shipment I'll get in contact with Subli and get them to cut some down for me.
BTW are the boxes for the a3 sheets bigger.....I mean do they suffer from the same problem initially....

jennywren
04-01-2010, 09:57 PM
they cut the a3 into a4 then they post it on to you. the paper comes to you in A4 and not in boxes, so it goes through the printer as ice on ski's. Sorry I've really take the long road to explain, when you order it just say Heather has it like this, she'll know what you mean.

swimwivsquid
04-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks for that Heather. Much appreciated as I am tearing my hair out with the batch I have at present.....

jennywren
04-01-2010, 10:24 PM
I still used the old batch that I had, don't laugh :D I put it in a thick towel, only the sheets that I need and ironed it, it worked, I did that till the batch was finshed, must admit I got sick of ironing I always order in bulk and I had 6 boxes to go, still on the bringht side no ironing now not even clothes :lol: