PDA

View Full Version : Polo shirts - cheap and cheerful?

bangordave
09-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Who does everyone recommend for polo shirts? They are for vinyl printing so can be any material really, but preferably cotton. Cheaper the better. Will probably be ordering between 50-75 each time.

gstk
09-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Thats a can of worms in itself. Is it for a client who wants cheap and cheerful. Do you risk buying cheap and they go out of shape and look crap after 5 washes and upset your customer. Or do you risk losing the order because you go for better ones but that makes your price look uncompetitive.

If they are for a promo give away then cheap is probably the way. If its a product thats supposed to be quality and longlasting it could be a long term mistake.

I use Fruit of the loom for cheap and Henbury for best - my personal preference and they are available from most suppliers.

I am sure others will disagree.

bangordave
09-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi,

It's for a client who wants them as cheap as possible as promotional wear that will probably only be worn 5-6 times before new ones are needed to update the slogans etc on them so cheap as chips is whats needed ;-)

fredster
09-06-2011, 04:32 PM
try primark :)

cardman
11-01-2012, 09:36 PM
try primark :)
as stupid as your reply seems - it may just be the right answer
cheap and cheerful and kk for doing testing on instead of wasting a branded item.
Example i was just on ebay and seen FOTL tshirts for 3 pounds each with 1 pound postage - thats 4 pounds down drain if u mess tshirt up

(edit - actually postage changes depending who u get them off - so u could be paying nearly a fiver per top - quite expensive esp if u want to make a small profit as well)

Paul
11-01-2012, 09:41 PM
true ;)
if you want some cheap fabric to test your vinyl then king size bed sheet from primark will be best ;)

letsgo
11-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Paul,
Good priced polo are SG brand from BTC we have sold hundreds and all the customers love them.They are about £3.80 a top plus VAT .If you want something cheaper would look at Gildan but the quality not really there for them

Paul
11-01-2012, 10:03 PM
I love quality of guildan heave ones :)

accdave
11-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Gildan Heavy ( GD38) are our best seller. SG are good but you're limiting yourself to one distributor, pain in the backside if they run out.

mrs maggot
12-01-2012, 12:34 AM
i get really fed up with some of the disti's own brands having such poor stock - on the other hand when they sell up their ends of lines i normally get some bargains :)

go for good brand, that you can get at various places, ie gildan / fotl and then shop around

AdamB
12-01-2012, 09:20 AM
I use Gildan for most of the garments but also use UCC (Ultimate Clothing Collection from BTC Activewear) for Polos - had some good feedback from customers and the good thing is that they do a cheap and cheerfull one plus a couple of others that are heavyweight and better quality (the customer then decides what type they require, i.e it could be for an event that they are only going to wear on a weekend).

logobear
12-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Uneek polos are great quality and value but you are limited to one supplier.
There is a lot to bee said for primark, because they carry the stock, but they never haves what you want when you want it......
Usher gildan are generally poor, but thankfully the gd31 is withdrawn!
The price of fruit of three loom is down for 2012, so I suggest Uneek or

AdamB
12-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Uneek polos are great quality and value but you are limited to one supplier.

Good shout - don't know why I never mentioned Uneek as I use them quite often and only got some polo shirts in the other day from them (it's been a busy morning).

Uneek have limited items but do have some great Polos, hoodies (thick) and other items. the kids polos are good quality too.

smitch6
12-01-2012, 10:10 AM
just don't ever tumble dry the uneek hoodies lol ;)
or get the next size up if u want them tumble dried :)

i use uneek all the time and altho they aren't the cheapest the quality is brill